LCVG

Official Football/Soccer/Futbol Thread 2014/2015...errr 2015/2016...I mean 2016/2017

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

He's just a dutch Harry Redknapp.

Naw, that's a whole other baby:  

Trading clean sheets for red cards.

Posted Images

Yep, at least in Jersey it's like that. Which is why there are a ton of shit drivers in the states lol 

Weird, our driving tests in Massachusetts were almost always just driving around town, usually requiring a three point turn at some juncture, and sometimes a parallel park. 

Really wanted a deeper European run, the Europa league seems like it's been a lot of fun this year. All of the other top four hopefuls are out of European competition, or will be soon though, so I guess we're all on an even playing field now :(

I needed some new tires too.  Second biggest deal only behind the ridiculously over priced ManU/Chevy shirt deal and frankly I wouldn't want a shitty car logo on our beautiful blue shirts.

http://www.chelseafc.com/news/latest-news/2015/02/yokohama-rubber-to-become-official-shirt-partner.html

I still don't understand how Man Utd pulled that one. 

Weird, our driving tests in Massachusetts were almost always just driving around town, usually requiring a three point turn at some juncture, and sometimes a parallel park. 

Really wanted a deeper European run, the Europa league seems like it's been a lot of fun this year. All of the other top four hopefuls are out of European competition, or will be soon though, so I guess we're all on an even playing field now :(

Yeah, there have been some great entertainment in the EL this season. I'm looking forward to some very good games, but to be fair a team that plays Lovren would never have won it. 

Good deal for Chelsea, will feel weird without the Samsung though.

I didn't think this was true though;

"Last season Chelsea FC was the most watched Premier League team on television worldwide, with over 31,000 broadcast hours."

I guess they mean CL as well? I know Liverpool were the most shown team in the Premier League (they made more money than City who won the league due to being shown more).

I still don't understand how Man Utd pulled that one. 

The guy that did the deal for Chevorlet was fired after it, the price is rumoured to be even higher than announced and Chevrolet pulled out of the European market a few months after the deal.

"Last season Chelsea FC was the most watched Premier League team on television worldwide, with over 31,000 broadcast hours."

I guess they mean CL as well? I know Liverpool were the most shown team in the Premier League (they made more money than City who won the league due to being shown more).

The guy that did the deal for Chevorlet was fired after it, the price is rumoured to be even higher than announced and Chevrolet pulled out of the European market a few months after the deal.

So there was nothing shady at all? Got ya. Milan has something like €20m/year which is pretty good considering how it's going on the pitch right now. 

Every Chelsea EPL and CL game is shown on TV here in the US on the primary channel.  The club has a huge following here in the US.  Not as big as ManU, but I would be willing to guess it's either on par or slightly higher than Liverpool these days.  The years and years of Chelsea being the only top four EPL team to play in America really have started to pay off, even as other teams are giving more time to the US market.

Even in India I had no problem watching the Chelsea match with a bar full of other Chelsea supporters.

More observations regarding fans I've met here in the states.

Man Utd/Chelsea: You really enjoyed the World Cup and football became one of your favorite sports. When it came time to pick a team you allowed the marketing machine to dictate your preference; you cried during Paul Scholes' last game, but barely watched him play for a year.

Liverpool: You are a fucking hipster who needs an excuse to drink beer early on a Saturday. You don't want anything to do with "football" during the World Cup; that's the time when the "basics" pay attention to the sport.

Arsenal: Similar to the Man Utd/Chelsea fan, but you know someone who roots for Man Utd/Chelsea and hate him, he probably stole your gf. Therefore, you could not possibly root for the same team. Also, you really like that Henry dude.

Man City: You just want to piss off your friends.

Barcelona/Madrid: You are Mexican and mostly ignorant about the game as a whole.

Atletico: You are an ultra hipster (Kara).

Serie A team: You live in little Italy or some shit.

• Like 1

I find it so weird when people here in the US with absolutely no cultural connection to the UK just simply decide to be fans of particular EPL clubs. They get so passionate about it too. I just don't get it. These same people completely ignore their local MLS clubs too.

I fucking wish I could let the EPL marketing machine dictate my preferences. Life would be easier if I weren't a Milan fan. Oh well, I am what I am.

I find it so weird when people here in the US with absolutely no cultural connection to the UK just simply decide to be fans of particular EPL clubs. They get so passionate about it too. I just don't get it. These same people completely ignore their local MLS clubs too.

I fucking wish I could let the EPL marketing machine dictate my preferences. Life would be easier if I weren't a Milan fan. Oh well, I am what I am.

Yes you are.

Is it a coincidence that growing Chelsea support is coinciding with growing tea party support, increased global warming denialism, ebola and people turning into horrible fucking hipsters? 

I think not.

People, I think we can all agree, are bigger cunts now than they have ever been. It only follows that they start supporting Chelsea.

Some people just like what they like (due to great matches or watching them win) or got introduced to it by friends.

I support the 49ers due to American friends and it wasn't when the niners were good they were fucking garbage from Dennis Erickson to Mike Singletary.