LCVG

Official Football/Soccer/Futbol Thread 2014/2015...errr 2015/2016...I mean 2016/2017

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

He's just a dutch Harry Redknapp.

Naw, that's a whole other baby:  

Batong if you end up banging the dude, just make sure you're on top. My friend says if you're always on top you're not really gay, you just like fucking. 

Posted Images

It is said that Milan are considering to sign Suso. Is he even good? 

I don't know why there would be a need for a bigger Ipad, unless they are shrinking a Macbook Air?

Hell yeah, but unfortunately he might be a little bit too slow for the premiership :(. I would describe him as Silva light.

Well that had to have been annoying. I'm impressed that you didn't tell the client to bugger off, such lack of consideration always pisses me off. 

Hope that you're feeling better now!

Also Had, that's a good way to forget your sorrows about Arsenal's summer so far. 

I almost blew up at one of my morning clients so I knew that's why I had to go to the doc. Thankfully communicating by text message let's you be circumspect.

I'm not better, but thanks for the well wishes.

I mean it's managed but still there.

Torres has his medical in Milano tomorrow. :lawl

itshappening.gif

Trade Balo for the Ghost of Christmas Past brehs.

As expected, we've come to an agreement with Ajax over Daley Blind. 

Daley Blind is likely to be Manchester United’s latest signing, with the club having agreed a fee with Ajax to close a deal of about £15m for the utility player.

Blind is minded to move to United, so it is understood the 24-year-old’s personal terms should not be an issue, meaning the medical is the only thing standing between the Dutch international and confirmation of his move to Old Trafford.

Louis van Gaal wants Blind because he can play as a defensive midfielder, left-sided defender or wing-back.

Exactly what I was thinking with regards to having an actual DM. All summer this has seemed like a realistic signing, and it all but ends any interest in Vidal (if there indeed was any in the first place). I said a week or two back, that I'd be completely satisfied if we added Di Maria, Blind and another CB. So one much needed addition remaining in my eyes.

Hopefully some of the outgoings can be finalised in time also before 11pm GMT on Monday. 

EDIT - Turf Moor update. Di Maria starts today for Man Utd. 

AdviceLCVG

So, as some of you may or may not I've been in Spain since March. It's been great so far. I've worked as en English teacher basically from April until end of July. It's not for me. So after exploring Europe a bit, this past week I've been working my ass off on sending CVs looking for a job in my field in logistics.

The city I'm looking to work in is Valencia, I'm currently in Galicia basically on the other side of the map.

I've gotten two companies interested in me. One is for a fairly large multi-national company and the other is for DHL. For DHL I had to interview through a hiring agency. On Monday, when I got the call to come in on Tuesday morning. I drove 8 hours away just for an interview, spent nearly 300 euros going back and forth. The lady said she thought I was perfect and would let me know DHL would be calling me to confirm if they want to have another interview.

So, today at about 8pm I received a call from the HR at DHL wanting me to come in tomorrow morning at 8. There is no way I'm driving 8 hours again + I have a wedding this weekend so I told him I was in Galicia and could not make it, if we could do it for next week. He said he would give me a call back next week to re-schedule. I bought a one-way plane ticket for Monday morning to Valencia to be there in case they call back, I have people I know there so someone was kind enough to offer me to stay. So I need some advice from you guys.

Here's the cliff notes version of all this

- job 8 hours away

- not guaranteed to get the job

- spending lots of money for something that may or may not happen

- dont want skype or telephone interview because on my CV I put that I live in Valencia(its the only way they would call me)

- called for an interview but i cant make it so told they would call me back

Do you guys think I screwed up by saying at 8 oclock in the evening that I couldn't make an appointment tomorrow in the morning? Am I crazy for spending so much money on something that may or may not happen? If they don't call back by say Tuesday, do I call? 

Any advice would be great guys!

Going back to this. I don't think you screwed up majorly at all saying that you couldn't make the second interview because of a wedding, that's a fine excuse, they did call you at 8pm requesting you come in the following day after all. 

A bigger indicator of whether this would all fall into place for you would be on how well the first interview went, and the duration of it - they seem keen on you, so you should be positive about it all. My brother works for DHL as a systems administrator, and he's been there for a number of years now, only ever had good things to say and seems like a great company to be with at the moment.

As you say, you've already invested 300 euros into the interview process, so it makes complete sense to stick with it now and take up the second appointment (which by your post it seems you're currently in the process of already).

Hope it works out for you!  

Exactly what I was thinking with regards to having an actual DM. All summer this has seemed like a realistic signing, and it all but ends any interest in Vidal (if there indeed was any in the first place). I said a week or two back, that I'd be completely satisfied if we added Di Maria, Blind and another CB. So one much needed addition remaining in my eyes.

Hopefully some of the outgoings can be finalised in time also before 11pm GMT on Monday. 

EDIT - Turf Moor update. Di Maria starts today for Man Utd. 

The main obstacle with Vidal is his knees. We obviously don't want another Hargreaves situation, and Juventus apparently don't want an incentivised deal.

No Kagawa and Cleverley in the squad, but Chico is on the bench, which is strange considering Juventus have offered us a good amount for him.

capturexsrte.png

The Di Maria hype is rising here! 

I almost blew up at one of my morning clients so I knew that's why I had to go to the doc. Thankfully communicating by text message let's you be circumspect.

I'm not better, but thanks for the well wishes.

I mean it's managed but still there.

Well here is for hoping that it will be more manageable and less there for each passing day, mate!

Trade Balo for the Ghost of Christmas Past brehs.

:lawl

I like Call of Duty, Call of Duty 2, Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, Modern Warfare 2 and Black Ops.

Black Ops 2 is also okay but I'm not a fan of it being futuristic.

thanks, now that i think about it i think i have all the modern warfare games, or at least have played them. btw seeing you and kara constantly on dota 2 is making me want to start playing =/ does it have bots or anything to ease newcomers into it?

Still the best they've looked. At least it's an upwards trajectory.

van Gaal seems to have flipped the triangle in midfield. Fletcher sitting behind di Maria and Mata.

You guys are just lucky the Burnley players are clueless. So awkward with the ball and it's really annoying to see a team be that in a top division  :Psycho:

thanks, now that i think about it i think i have all the modern warfare games, or at least have played them. btw seeing you and kara constantly on dota 2 is making me want to start playing =/ does it have bots or anything to ease newcomers into it?

It has bot matches (co-op and solo) and a tutorial now, it eases you into the game now by giving new players a limited hero mode before opening the pool up so you don't accidentally pick something like Invoker or Meepo.

Issue with dota is you get addicted and literally don't care about other games. emoticon-7435-src-1ab04fb3d1efbc5b-28x28

It has bot matches (co-op and solo) and a tutorial now, it eases you into the game now by giving new players a limited hero mode before opening the pool up so you don't accidentally pick something like Invoker or Meepo.

Issue with dota is you get addicted and literally don't care about other games. emoticon-7435-src-1ab04fb3d1efbc5b-28x28

haha well until the new football manager and witcher 3 don't think there are any games coming out that i care about so that's alright