LCVG

Official Football/Soccer/Futbol Thread 2014/2015...errr 2015/2016...I mean 2016/2017

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

He's just a dutch Harry Redknapp.

Naw, that's a whole other baby:  

Batong if you end up banging the dude, just make sure you're on top. My friend says if you're always on top you're not really gay, you just like fucking. 

Posted Images

6 hours ago, SupahBlah said:

Lol SPURS.

Effectively the B team, which is Ponch's style for these cup games, but yeah, they let the fuck up in the second half. Well done West Ham. One midweek game, we draw with Real Madrid in their own ground, the next we lose to West Ham after being 2 up. 

I like the Xbox, but the average Microsoft employee is a mediocre software engineer, and that is reflected across their products.

My solution for Microsoft:

1) Lay off the bottom half of their engineers; I am looking at you Software Development Engineer III at Microsoft who spends a month doing nothing but attending to meetings and saying "I am blocked" during the daily standup. 

2) Kill all the shit tier products on verticals on which they have not even a remote chance to compete. Focus on Azure and the Xbox mostly. 

3) Stop flirting with Linux on Windows and commit to it. Make Windows just a UI on top of a Linux distro. Fuck Windows, it sucks. 

4) Give up. You missed the boat man. You'll never catch up with Apple/Amazon/Facebook. You'll come up on top of Google though and that's due to Google's own incompetence. 

2 hours ago, godhand said:

I like the Xbox, but the average Microsoft employee is a mediocre software engineer, and that is reflected across their products.

My solution for Microsoft:

1) Lay off the bottom half of their engineers; I am looking at you Software Development Engineer III at Microsoft who spends a month doing nothing but attending to meetings and saying "I am blocked" during the daily standup. 

2) Kill all the shit tier products on verticals on which they have not even a remote chance to compete. Focus on Azure and the Xbox mostly. 

3) Stop flirting with Linux on Windows and commit to it. Make Windows just a UI on top of a Linux distro. Fuck Windows, it sucks. 

4) Give up. You missed the boat man. You'll never catch up with Apple/Amazon/Facebook. You'll come up on top of Google though and that's due to Google's own incompetence. 

Windows is only alive because of the countless corporations who need it to run X application that is Win16 or Win32 only.  Azure is awesome, it's so much easier to admin than AWS. Office 365 is awesome and has become the defacto in most corporations not based in Nor Cal. Xbox group missed their chance when they could have bought a floundering Nintendo.  You are right though MS should abandon the distractions and pull a Groove Music on them all.  Focus on what is actually making you money and loads of it: Azure and Office 365.

At last a good news from FIFA:

FIFA TV has a proud legacy of pioneering new broadcast technology at FIFA tournaments to ensure that football fans around the world can enjoy the best quality sports coverage.

The 2018 FIFA World Cup Russia™ will be no different, with FIFA pushing the boundaries of sports broadcast.

In an effort to remain at the forefront of the industry, all sixty-four matches will be produced in Ultra High Definition with High Dynamic Range for the first time ever. Thanks to a hybrid UHD/HDR/1080p setup multiple choice of video formats will be available (1080i, 1080p or UHD HDR) at the back of one single production chain.

The use of progressive scanning as a baseline production format and HDR will guarantee improved image quality for all Media Rights Licensees, regardless of their delivery format.

Thirty-seven cameras, of which eight with UHD/HDR and 1080p/SDR dual output, and another eight with 1080p/HDR and 1080p/SDR dual output, will cover every match. Further eight Super-slow-motion and two Ultra-motion cameras, a cable-cam and a cineflex heli-cam, will ensure high-class pictures will be available from every angle in each stadium.

The UHD program will benefit from its own wider-framed main camera along with the addition of immersive audio, offering the UHD/HDR viewer a far richer experience than ever before.

Building on the success of the multimedia production at the 2014 FIFA World Cup Brazil™, the digital production and services offering will now be an integrated part of the overall production plan. As a true innovation, fans will be able to follow the matches in Virtual Reality (VR). Available as a live experience and as 360° video on demand (VoD), this new feature will put the 2018 FIFA World Cup Russia into the heart of digital innovation.

http://www.fifa.com/about-fifa/news/y=2017/m=10/news=fifa-at-the-forefront-of-broadcast-technology-2916003.html