LCVG

Official Football/Soccer/Futbol Thread 2014/2015...errr 2015/2016...I mean 2016/2017

Why are you so keen on purchasing property by the way? 

It doesn't make much sense to piss away money on rent here in the South East of England, with how expensive property is (talking both rental prices and property prices). Being able to at least start building something on my own financially would be wise, and then hopefully in the years to come it gives me a good stepping for bigger things, a larger property maybe, equity etc. House prices are maybe about two thirds of the way to their peak right now, so I may have missed the ideal time, will have to assess in 12 months time. I'm not in a position to consolidate financially on my own while still renting in this location as it's rather expensive here just outside London, if I had a young lass at my side who's also got that game plan right now to be able to split finances with then it may be a little easier.    

I obviously do not know how socially acceptable living with your parents at ~30 is in other countries/part of the world, but over here in Germany you'd be almost instantly labeled as beta male. Personally I think option #2 seems to be the most reasonable and a good trade-off between financial stability and social independence. While obviously being far less convenient, this should definitely resolve your issues regarding life progression. Which by the way aren't an actual problem, not everybody is suited for an early marriage or having kids in their 20s and that's perfectly fine.

I'd say if you mention to someone that you're 30 here in the UK and still living with your parents, then it may raise an eyebrow, but it's not something that's alien at all. As Supah says, the cost of living here in this country is gradually getting higher and higher, but people aren't seeing the same in their wages right now, so it can make it difficult.

The progression subject isn't really me wanting to do all that 'family stuff' anytime soon, not at all. But more that I should be making the most of these years right now, and I'm failing to do just that. That's where the need for more independence comes from.  

Rossonero - That's some crazy per/sqm costs. In hindsight then, you did rather well picking up your place in 2007. Congrats.  

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

He's just a dutch Harry Redknapp.

Naw, that's a whole other baby:  

Batong if you end up banging the dude, just make sure you're on top. My friend says if you're always on top you're not really gay, you just like fucking. 

Posted Images

Heh, if you want to compare prices London prb has around £8000/sqm as standard prices at the moment, depending on location of course.

Well yeah, London is more expensive. I mean the most expensive apartment bought this year in Stockholm was 28 million SEK, which is something like €2.7 million I think, that actually Notch bought. I can imagine there are a lot more expensive apartments than that in London :D

A friend of mine just picked up an average sized two bedroom flat in Greenwich, South East London for just over £330k. I was pretty sickened when being shown around the place and then being told the actual cost after. Not good. 

Yeah it's madness, especially when you have to have 15-20% of the apartment price in the bank. The debts are rising really fast here. 

In nothing but my underwear building furniture and drinking slivovitz. #karakand

WINNING! I really can't understand that I still haven't tried slivovitz, only rakija. Next summer!

Well yeah, London is more expensive. I mean the most expensive apartment bought this year in Stockholm was 28 million SEK, which is something like €2.7 million I think, that actually Notch bought. I can imagine there are a lot more expensive apartments than that in London :D

I remember reading that London prices are even more inflated due to russian oligarchs and the likes seeing property there as an investment/money hiding opportunity, and they're barely used by their owners if at all.

It's a shame but it could be worse. That money could be going to John Terry instead.

Are Arsenal in for Ron Vlaar? I think we could do with someone like him as well...

A centre back? What are those?

Ed Woodward is either some kind of performance art parodying elite-level football, in cahoots with Jorge Mendes, or completely hopelessly incompetent.

Edit: Apparently it's £12m for a one-year loan. That doesn't seem as bad to me, but then again, I rent.

A centre back? What are those?

Ed Woodward is either some kind of performance art parodying elite-level football, in cahoots with Jorge Mendes, or completely hopelessly incompetent.

Look like we aren't paying much for Falcao either:

captureq9ks2.png

Definitely in cahoots with Mendes, btw.  :not bad:

I remember reading that London prices are even more inflated due to russian oligarchs and the likes seeing property there as an investment/money hiding opportunity, and they're barely used by their owners if at all.

It's a shame but it could be worse. That money could be going to John Terry instead.

Heard that too, really shame. :lawl at the Terry remark

So Utd are about to take their 12 month spending to over 250 million pounds.

Why aren't we signing Falcao :(

Well, probably because he has a dodgy injury record and would cost us 120 million pounds over 4 years, but still.

Yeah, they don't want to buy Vidal over concerns for his knees but are going after Falcao with a worse injury record? Woodward. Still not fixing Utd's problems. 

We're definitely in for a centre half.

Will be interesting to see whether we can actually get any deal done today.

Mexes. May I suggest Mexes? Dude, there is Mexes. Please take Mexes. 

With United maybe, just maybe, getting their act together I feel worrying times are ahead for Arsene and his men. If they don't get a striker in January or some defenders today I truly believe they'll miss out on fourth place this season. There's only so many times you can pull a rabbit out of the hat.