LCVG
Sign in to follow this  
kelley

Official Football/Soccer/Futbol Thread 2014/2015...errr 2015/2016...I mean 2016/2017

I read the last couple of pages (I spent the last week in Crete, sogood.gif), and batong, how did your man-date go? 

Yes, Balkan beastin'

BTW Had, go easy on us tonight alright? And please don't injure Zlatan.

I'm worried that Antonsson will have a mare  :Dawson:

kyzoao3.jpg

Call of Duty 2 still legit as fuck.

oh i played both black op games over the last week, i think i liked the single player in 2 more except the faux rts parts which mercifully you only have to do once

anyone getting destiny?

I am for X1. I cannot play it this week though. A lot of shit to take care of. 

kyzoao3.jpg

Call of Duty 2 still legit as fuck.

Jesus Christ man, you've played 3000 hours in 2 years? I wish I still had the time to invest into a videogame like that, but responsibilities and social compromises often get in the way. I really wanted to be there at launch for Destiny, but today is the only day I can hang out with the girl I am seeing. Tomorrow I have to work out, and later, I am driving out of town for a funeral. By the time I get to touch Destiny next Monday, everybody will be maxed out and have the best gear. I will just be cannon fodder; it depresses me.

That's with me barely playing and just watching tournaments ingame since pretty much towards the end of last year. I am too busy in work to play as often as I would like. But Dota meant I didn't give a shit about any other game so I barely spent anything on games.

Activision gave me a copy of the PS4 Destiny for all the work I did but whether I'll actually play is another matter. emoticon-7435-src-1ab04fb3d1efbc5b-28x28

That's with me barely playing and just watching tournaments ingame since pretty much towards the end of last year. I am too busy in work to play as often as I would like. But Dota meant I didn't give a shit about any other game so I barely spent anything on games.

Activision gave me a copy of the PS4 Destiny for all the work I did but whether I'll actually play is another matter. emoticon-7435-src-1ab04fb3d1efbc5b-28x28

It seems like one of those things in which just by opening the game the counter gets inflated. NVM.

I code all day, I have 365x24 hours of Visual Studio in the past year.

• Like 1

Hope you don't mind, but I have another LA Galaxy story to share with you.  The team played on Friday.  The atmosphere was...odd, but ultimately great.  One of their stars, Gyasi Zardes, had a birthday so I made a birthday poster for him earlier in the week.  Then the tragedy happened.  Luca de la Garza, the 1 week old son of our defender AJ de la Garza, passed away due to complications after a surgery for a heart condition he was born with.  At the game you could just feel something was different.  Before the start of the match, the stadium observed a moment of silence and during the match we had a celebration/show of support for the family.  It was pretty cool and even some of the players said afterward that they got emotional during it.  The Galaxy won 6-0, helped by the other team's keeper getting a red card after 34 seconds.

While the game was full of memorable moments, it was also a great day for my daughter Emma:

- One of the teachers at her summer school was the wife of the team doctor.  She saw us in our Galaxy gear and came over to talk to us.  She enjoyed Emma so much (who wasn't even her student) that she said she would try to get a jersey from one of her favorite players, Marcelo Sarvas.  It didn't happen during summer school and we just kind of forgot about it.  When I got home on Friday to get ready for the game, my other daughter asked when I had gotten the new jersey.  I didn't know what she was talking about.  Sure enough, the lady came through.  She got Emma a Marcelo jersey and he even wrote a little message to her on it.  He's been a favorite for a while and this just cemented that.

- At the game, I was walking Emma around the stadium to get her out of the sun.  We ran into the tv announcer, Joe Tutino.  He talked with me for a few minutes and took a picture with Emma.

- Emma has been to a number of games now and the team mascot, Cozmo, knows her on site.  He came over before the start of the game and gave her the scarf he was wearing.  I've raised the possibility of him making it to her birthday party in October.  We'll see if it happens.

- I mentioned it was Gyasi Zardes' birthday and the card and all.  Since we won the game, the team came over to our area to salute the fans.  Gyasi doesn't normally do this but he was there this time.  Sure enough, after they finished the salute, Gyasi came right over to us and traded his jersey for the birthday card.  Emma made the exchange.  It even got on the post-game show.

Hope you don't mind, but I have another LA Galaxy story to share with you.  The team played on Friday.  The atmosphere was...odd, but ultimately great.  One of their stars, Gyasi Zardes, had a birthday so I made a birthday poster for him earlier in the week.  Then the tragedy happened.  Luca de la Garza, the 1 week old son of our defender AJ de la Garza, passed away due to complications after a surgery for a heart condition he was born with.  At the game you could just feel something was different.  Before the start of the match, the stadium observed a moment of silence and during the match we had a celebration/show of support for the family.  It was pretty cool and even some of the players said afterward that they got emotional during it.  The Galaxy won 6-0, helped by the other team's keeper getting a red card after 34 seconds.

While the game was full of memorable moments, it was also a great day for my daughter Emma:

- One of the teachers at her summer school was the wife of the team doctor.  She saw us in our Galaxy gear and came over to talk to us.  She enjoyed Emma so much (who wasn't even her student) that she said she would try to get a jersey from one of her favorite players, Marcelo Sarvas.  It didn't happen during summer school and we just kind of forgot about it.  When I got home on Friday to get ready for the game, my other daughter asked when I had gotten the new jersey.  I didn't know what she was talking about.  Sure enough, the lady came through.  She got Emma a Marcelo jersey and he even wrote a little message to her on it.  He's been a favorite for a while and this just cemented that.

- At the game, I was walking Emma around the stadium to get her out of the sun.  We ran into the tv announcer, Joe Tutino.  He talked with me for a few minutes and took a picture with Emma.

- Emma has been to a number of games now and the team mascot, Cozmo, knows her on site.  He came over before the start of the game and gave her the scarf he was wearing.  I've raised the possibility of him making it to her birthday party in October.  We'll see if it happens.

- I mentioned it was Gyasi Zardes' birthday and the card and all.  Since we won the game, the team came over to our area to salute the fans.  Gyasi doesn't normally do this but he was there this time.  Sure enough, after they finished the salute, Gyasi came right over to us and traded his jersey for the birthday card.  Emma made the exchange.  It even got on the post-game show.

I wish I could root for the Galaxy, they are a cool team, but I just don't feel attached to them even after attending a few matches. I like the Sounders I guess, but I don't live in Seattle, and never would; fuck that weather.

Nishikori - (a weak) animal that dared to dream.

If he's looking for redemption, Kei should be looking no further than Mishima.

Well done, Cilic!

Yukio Mishima references in my footballthread? :wub:

@Tonner Cyn - I always love your Gals stories. People think of the club as this soulless thing--MLS' Madrid if you will--but you manage to put a human face on it on the reg.

I only caught the highlights but the game looked like it was quite an experience. It reminded of footballthread going to the USMNT's 8-0 win at the Toolbox years ago.

So after years of speculation, Apple finally launches a watch that is ugly and looks outdated already. They'll probably sell a shit ton of it though.