LCVG

Official Football/Soccer/Futbol Thread 2014/2015...errr 2015/2016...I mean 2016/2017

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

He's just a dutch Harry Redknapp.

Naw, that's a whole other baby:  

Trading clean sheets for red cards.

Posted Images

My best friend of the past four years has suggested we should start dating. She is very good looking, cares a lot about me, and is extremely successful in her field, but tons of things about her personality turn me off. I just cannot get myself to see her as a potential partner, which is sad because I feel that I would be very happy if I felt attracted to her. 

I spent last night trying to imagine what sex with her would be like and just couldn't do it. Life is full of irony. 

:lawl

Are you guys the reason for the DriveClub problems?

No, not first party.

I feel bad reviewers are shitting on it because its "not open world" know a lot of friends that enjoy the game as a racer.

Some reviews are so agenda loaded I genuinely fear for the studio.

I don't know, I thought that it would be the game to push me to get a PS4 but it seems so bare-bones and I hate overly aggressive AI in racing games. So I may as well wait for the various patches to arrive before getting it. So I don't see this conspiracy that SonyGAF seems to have. A game today for $50-60 needs to have some features and to not even have replays and only have 3 modes is lousy to say the least. I just read about how you change the color of a car and that seems like an too complicated thing to do in a car game. 

My best friend of the past four years has suggested we should start dating. She is very good looking, cares a lot about me, and is extremely successful in her field, but tons of things about her personality turn me off. I just cannot get myself to see her as a potential partner, which is sad because I feel that I would be very happy if I felt attracted to her. 

I spent last night trying to imagine what sex with her would be like and just couldn't do it. Life is full of irony. 

That's too bad.  Is this the Erin girl who is always posting on your FB?

If she grew her hair back out I bet you'd change your mind.  Night and Day difference IMHO.

She doesn't wear her hair as short as in her profile image anymore. I don't know why she ever went for that look. That's not my issue with her. We aren't passionate about the same things, and I just cannot be with her. The reason why I find it so ironic is because as you have noticed, she pays me a lot of attention. Meanwhile, the one girl I actually like doesn't give a flying fuck about me. I've been sick for the past three days and I haven't asked her to hang out at all, and she hasn't even bothered to wonder why. Today she texted me with some questions about the Spanish class she is taking and that was it. FML.

Wait what? No that's bullshit. But she does post pictures of me at times. I wish she would sit down and play videogames with me, but in four years of friendship, the only thing we ever did in front of a TV was watch "Into The Wild" which I disliked. Maybe you confused her with other one of my friends.

go for it man.... you never know...... the friendship is already "ruined" because she has more feelings for you than you do for her..... but nothing wrong with trying to date her... if it doesn't work out you're still going to bein the same situation anyway... who knows it might make you and especially her realize that maybe you're just better off as friends.

In My Day
The Daily Mail are serialising Harry Redknapp's new book. We know this because the Mail have been infected with a bad case of Redknappmania. The newspaper gives it a four-page spread, while on MailOnline the football homepage alone has 'Redknapp' name-checked an eye-watering 32 times.

As yesterday, it's going to be easier to do this in list form, because Harry really preferred the old days:

* 'What certainly altered was the way you tried to build team spirit. The old methods were very simple - bonding sessions, getting the lads to go out for a drink or have a day at the races. Everybody laughs, falls about, gets into a few scrapes. A typical jolly boys' outing, but the foreign players didn't want to know about that.'

Yeah, bloody foreigners, not wanting to get drunk, fall over and 'get into a few scrapes'. It's easy to forget that these are the words of an actual Premier League manager.

* 'Roman Pavlyuchenko never moved out of his seat all day [at Cheltenham races]. Just sat there, waiting for the time to get on the coach and go home. Wouldn't watch a race, wouldn't have a bet, just not interested in joining in. In the end, it has been the English footballers who have had to change because at most clubs now they are isolated. It is a different life for them now.'

All together now: It's political correctness professionalism gone mad.

* 'I remember Paolo di Canio brought his fitness coach to West Ham. Lunches at Chadwell Heath had barely altered since my day - steak and kidney pie, loads of potatoes, anything you could get. By the end of that first season with Paolo's man, everyone had their own tailored, balanced food intake and a special dietician supervised that regime.'

The phenomenal thing is the continuous inference that Redknapp actually sees such things as a crying shame, rather than the necessary development of a game in which players need to be fitter and stronger.

* 'Louis van Gaal couldn't have done a better job with Hull City than Steve Bruce did last year. Yet did his heroics in the League and FA Cup create even a ripple at Old Trafford? Was Steve, a great competitor and wonderful player for United, even considered for the Manchester United job?'

This is the crux of Harry's argument, that foreigners get an easy ride whilst British managers suffer. Using the 'Bruce should have got the Manchester United gig' line is obvious twaddle but reveals an unpleasant bitterness. 

* 'Foreign players, foreign coaches, foreign owners.'

As always with Redknapp, there is a weird dichotomy between words and actions. Whilst bemoaning the increase of foreign players, it's worth remembering that QPR's squad consists of players of 13 different nationalities, and that 51% of the players he has signed since joining QPR are non-British.

Do as I moan, not as I do.

Wait what? No that's bullshit. But she does post pictures of me at times. I wish she would sit down and play videogames with me, but in four years of friendship, the only thing we ever did in front of a TV was watch "Into The Wild" which I disliked. Maybe you confused her with other one of my friends.

Your sarcasm detector is not working

Your sarcasm detector is not working

Flew over my head. 

go for it man.... you never know...... the friendship is already "ruined" because she has more feelings for you than you do for her..... but nothing wrong with trying to date her... if it doesn't work out you're still going to bein the same situation anyway... who knows it might make you and especially her realize that maybe you're just better off as friends.

No dude. I couldn't because lot of things about her personality and motivations turn me off. She is fun and we have developed a great friendship because we care a lot about each other, but we are also very different. 

Goddamn Redknapp is an asshole. Holy shit. 

He's a massive shit tier manager. Protected by his friends in the media (they already have excuses for him at QPR rather than hey look at the guy who only signs players over 30) and guaranteed a cushy job when he retires but by god he'll moan till he gets there.

The Daily Mail's hit job on AVB simply because he replaced darling Redknapp was disguising.

Well you could understand it just by looking at him. I'll enjoy every QPR loss even more now.

Damn this interlul.... Especislly when BiH can't beat Wales. Sweden getting a point against Russia is not ideal but not a disaster either since they were without Zlatan and no other player could step up from his shadow.