LCVG

Official Football/Soccer/Futbol Thread 2014/2015...errr 2015/2016...I mean 2016/2017

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

He's just a dutch Harry Redknapp.

Naw, that's a whole other baby:  

Batong if you end up banging the dude, just make sure you're on top. My friend says if you're always on top you're not really gay, you just like fucking. 

Posted Images

I'm certainly not a regular here but had a question I was curious if anyone could answer.  Honestly, I'm not sure if anyone is exactly qualified to answer due to geography.

I'm curious what the soccer presentation is like on TV in Europe vs. what is offered in America.  For example, in the US Fox has Champions League coverage while NBC Sports airs all the Premier League games.  In both cases the production is not up to par with what Americans are used to with NFL, MLB & NBA television coverage.  Our version of European soccer on TV gets us the bare bones coverage: video, announcers and awkward post-game interviews.

US native sports (NFL, MLB & NBA) add production touches that I don't see in NBC or Fox soccer coverage.  Things like gyro-stabilized spidercams, Matrix-style 360 degree camera tricks, hand-held camera angles, real-time on-screen graphics, etc. that really add to the viewing experience.   These elements are pretty standard for every NFL game and most are increasingly common for MLB and NBA games.  Fox and NBC soccer coverage adds on-screen graphics post-game but NFL, NBA & MLB broadcasts can do these in real-time during the game or in the replay immediately following a key play.  

Additionally, I'm curious about the tradition of the post-game interviews in European soccer.  In the US it's traditional for the coach and key players to give full scale post-game press conferences. These occur in the stadium in a dedicated media room with audio, room for several reporters and come across as very media savvy events.  I know these occur in soccer too but they just seem far less organized and rather amateurish by comparison. 

So, is this just the presentation I'm getting here in the US from NBC and Fox?  Is this just two broadcast companies operating within their budget or are they delivering me the same viewing experience I would get in Europe?  If that's the case, why is European soccer so far behind US sports in adopting new tech that really adds to the viewing experience?

I'm certainly not a regular here but had a question I was curious if anyone could answer.  Honestly, I'm not sure if anyone is exactly qualified to answer due to geography.

I'm curious what the soccer presentation is like on TV in Europe vs. what is offered in America.  For example, in the US Fox has Champions League coverage while NBC Sports airs all the Premier League games.  In both cases the production is not up to par with what Americans are used to with NFL, MLB & NBA television coverage.  Our version of European soccer on TV gets us the bare bones coverage: video, announcers and awkward post-game interviews.

US native sports (NFL, MLB & NBA) add production touches that I don't see in NBC or Fox soccer coverage.  Things like gyro-stabilized spidercams, Matrix-style 360 degree camera tricks, hand-held camera angles, real-time on-screen graphics, etc. that really add to the viewing experience.   These elements are pretty standard for every NFL game and most are increasingly common for MLB and NBA games.  Fox and NBC soccer coverage adds on-screen graphics post-game but NFL, NBA & MLB broadcasts can do these in real-time during the game or in the replay immediately following a key play.  

Additionally, I'm curious about the tradition of the post-game interviews in European soccer.  In the US it's traditional for the coach and key players to give full scale post-game press conferences. These occur in the stadium in a dedicated media room with audio, room for several reporters and come across as very media savvy events.  I know these occur in soccer too but they just seem far less organized and rather amateurish by comparison. 

So, is this just the presentation I'm getting here in the US from NBC and Fox?  Is this just two broadcast companies operating within their budget or are they delivering me the same viewing experience I would get in Europe?  If that's the case, why is European soccer so far behind US sports in adopting new tech that really adds to the viewing experience?

Yes. The EPL and Champions League coverage is as detailed as those of the main US sports. You just don't get to see any of the extra stuff in the USA. 

I lived in the US and now in Europe, the broadcasts are the same as they do for NFL, NBA, and MLB games etc as an American you don't see alot of this especially with leagues that are not EPL, but post game interviews are normal. A million different angles are normal. Replaying the same damn play 30 times is normal, etc.

It really depends on which channel you're watching and in which country.

Here in Sweden if you're watching Italian football then they don't even have a studio, it's just straight to the games and in half time they'll show some old highlights or just the stadium. And the production of the feed you get from Italy is really bad. The amount of cameras and the angles pale when compared to Premier League. But that also depends on which stadium the game is played on.

The Premier League on the other hand has the best productions. The angles, the amount of cameras and the 4k cameras in some stadiums that are used to zoom in on stuff normal cameras miss are great. The Swedish channel that shows the games also have a studio discussing the game before it starts, during half time and after it ends. They analyze the game and usually show interviews with couple of players and the coaches.

But the NFL is still ahead in every way IMO. When I watch an NFL game I get the feeling that I'm watching a show or a spectacle rather than "just" a game. But then again I imagine that Fox or NBC have huge budgets compared to Swedish sport channels, so what we get with the PL games is great really.

I don't know, even your average NBA game (82 game season) and MLB game (162 game season) seems well beyond what NBC and Fox deliver in terms of production value and spectacle with their soccer broadcasts.  

The Premier League on the other hand has the best productions. The angles, the amount of cameras and the 4k cameras in some stadiums that are used to zoom in on stuff normal cameras miss are great. The Swedish channel that shows the games also have a studio discussing the game before it starts, during half time and after it ends. They analyze the game and usually show interviews with couple of players and the coaches. 

Good stuff. Sounds like NBC and Fox are just delivering the basic broadcast to fans in the US.  Don't get me wrong, it's a capable broadcast but your description is much more along the lines of what I would expect where soccer is the #1 attraction.  

I don't know, even your average NBA game (82 game season) and MLB game (162 game season) seems well beyond what NBC and Fox deliver in terms of production value and spectacle with their soccer broadcasts.  

Good stuff. Sounds like NBC and Fox are just delivering the basic broadcast to fans in the US.  Don't get me wrong, it's a capable broadcast but your description is much more along the lines of what I would expect where soccer is the #1 attraction.  

well yeah it also varies by country etc.. in Spain there are two "pay per view" channels for viewing La Liga games and the presentation is pretty phenomenal. They have statistics for every little thing, pre match interviews.. it's very similar to NFL Sunday Ticket(GamePass in Europe) where you can watch every game. Also, "fantasy football" is pretty popular in Spain called Comunio...it isn't as crazy as NFL Fantasy footblal in the states but people get pretty into it even though its free.

"I'm even pretty sure that I am better at sex than most non virgin because of my confidence, my empathy, my athletic skills, all those years of meditation, playing with myself, learning and researching, I know how to please someone and be careful. The only think I lack is muscle memory and automatisms, but I'm a fast learner so I don't really worry about that, and this is a thing all people should worry about when they have a new partner, even if they've got lot of sex experience."

GAF pls

"I'm even pretty sure that I am better at sex than most non virgin because of my confidence, my empathy, my athletic skills, all those years of meditation, playing with myself, learning and researching, I know how to please someone and be careful. The only think I lack is muscle memory and automatisms, but I'm a fast learner so I don't really worry about that, and this is a thing all people should worry about when they have a new partner, even if they've got lot of sex experience."

GAF pls

"meditation"

:lawl

GAF pls

Perfection.

Happy New Year cuntos!

Happy new years guys!

I ended 2014 in the worst fucking possible way.

After rejecting her advances for months, I realized I am in love with my best friend. Well, turns out I missed the train. She is now dating a Jeopardy hall of famer.

Also, the girl I've been dating for the past 5 months was supposed to come tonight, but I was feeling like shit and told her not to make an effort; she understood.

I spent NYE with two friends watching YouTube clips. I was so upset I didn't want to even go outside to the balcony to check the fireworks. I really fucked it all up.

Hope you guys had a better time.