LCVG
Sign in to follow this  
kelley

Official Football/Soccer/Futbol Thread 2014/2015...errr 2015/2016...I mean 2016/2017

I love how clueless Woy's votes were, he didn't vote for either Cronaldo nor Messi and put Mascherano on #1. :lawl

Mascherano was a beast in the world cup.

Some coaches deliberately skip Messi/Ronaldo because they're the obvious choice to showcase other talents.

So was di María, who would've been a much better choice, if you wanted to deliberately omit Messi and Cronaldo.

Hodgson's was very world cup centric, I thought he was a shit Liverpool manager and out of his depth but can't really attack him over his choices.

Choices were Javier Mascherano, Philipp Lahm and Manuel Neuer for the lazy amongst us.

You could also argue that if someone is heavily focusing on the world cup they should have picked Hummels over Lahm, who - by his standard - was rather sub-par during group stage and the round of 16 match when Löw tried to copy Pep and played him in midfield.

Yesterday I rejected a ~$160k/yr offer from Apple, and got blacklisted.

I bought an iPhone shortly after; I need it for a project. 

One of the strangest days of my life. 

blacklisted how? you can never work for them?

Yeah that kind of blacklist. I said I was joining originally to give myself as much time as I could to think about it. She called me when I didn't sign the documents by the deadline.

You don't get blacklisted declining a job unless you insult the recruiter. From your posts you've been blacklisted by half of silicon valley.

I never insulted her, but I asked her if joining could be an option in the future and she said it won't be possible. Maybe she was talking about the specific position in the division.

In total, I've only declined 3 jobs because the offers either didn't make sense from an economic standpoint, or the career path wasn't what I wanted.

Rejecting Apple's offer yesterday morning was a matter of "happiness". I did not want to move to Cupertino. The last month living in San Francisco has been a dream.

Considering my current salary, I left -$25k/yr on the table, but I am also betting hard on recovering most of that through future raises and the stock options for the company I currently work for. 

Also, I am going to start working with a brilliant guy on an app with an iPhone client. For that, I need the freedom my current job allows me. 

Still though, 4 years from now if the pocket hurts, I might regret it a little. Right now it feels like I made the right choice.

I don't think it sounds like you've been blacklisted though. Apple is a strange company, but I never thought they would blacklist people for turning them down. Or do they?

I say follow your heart mate. It sounds like you made the right choice. My brother has a similar dilemma right now. He isn't done with his studies but got a part time job here in Sthlm. The same week he signed for this company he got an offer for a full time job on the other side of Sweden. The money is good and it's a great place to start your career but he has a girlfriend here in Sthlm and that part time job would lead to a full time job in a year or something. 

The difference between him and you is that he is just starting out, so I told him to take that full time job for at least a year. Then it will be easier for him to get a full time job here in Sthlm with that on his CV. But you're already on a job that you like so you can afford to follow your heart. 

Weird that Apple would behave this way. From what I've read, they're big fans of non-poaching.

I applied on a referral around October of last year. The interview process took a long time; partly my fault since I was also interviewing with other companies and had scheduling issues. They never came to me, so it isn't poaching.

Meh, you probably don't want to work in a rigid organisation anyway, Godhand.

Dybala to Arsenal?

Supah I've been meaning to ask you... even though you probably have no clue.

What are your thoughts on the Sony Playstation 20th Anniversary edition console in terms of value? Do you think this shit is never going to sell higher than what it;s going for? Or people are going to be after these things later?

Chelsea twitter is all in a row because the ticket office put the FA Cup tickets on sale last week, before we knew if it would be Millwall or Bradford.  Well of course it sold out as people were hoping for Millwall and now that it's Bradford people are helluva upset.

Also chaps it looks like April 16th - 21st for my next London excursion.  I'm bringing my wife with me.  Had let's try and do something nice with the ladies.

What are your thoughts on the Sony Playstation 20th Anniversary edition console in terms of value? Do you think this shit is never going to sell higher than what it;s going for? Or people are going to be after these things later?

I dunno to be honest, I am pretty terrible with everything collectable.

Did you not sell yours yet?