LCVG
Sign in to follow this  
kelley

Official Football/Soccer/Futbol Thread 2014/2015...errr 2015/2016...I mean 2016/2017

BTW Supah`and Batongen, what do you say about the game tonight?

@OptaJoe: 5 - Currently Liverpool have gone five European games without a win; the Reds have never gone six games without one. Pressure.

Weather is pretty miserable here today (raining etc) I see Liverpool winning.

True story the last time Liverpool played Besiktas was an 8-0 win in the Champions League and I was there VIP from Sony. You get everything free and provided food was Turkish in honour of the visiting team etc Kelly Cates (previously Dalglish) was the host and she would interview former players etc etc

My ex-girlfriend took all the stuff I got from the day and framed it as a present.

2012-12-03%2016.39.43.jpg

Damn that's a nice gift. Sounds like a great evening, but I don't think the score line will be like that again with The Return Of The Ba. 

Would be interesting to see if Balotelli has learned anything in his time on the bench. 

i never use the word but evilore is a cunt

Again?

Look, community threads form friendships and contrast heavily to the giant mass of anonymity in gaming and off-topic. So when someone from a community thread gets banned, in the thread or elsewhere, you're going to be frustrated or upset. Totally understandable and only human. 

The moderators, though, can't care about this in any way or they won't be able to moderate the site effectively. NeoGAF's rules are pretty clear about this sort of thing. If you have administrative complaints, take them private. Period. This thread is for discussing football. You can chat around and do whatever's reasonable as long as it's welcoming to newcomers, civil (insofar as is possible with football subculture...), and stays relatively on target. 

Community threads do not have different rules than the site at large. You can't do whatever you want here. You will be banned. No one's stifling your capacity for free speech by banning you from NeoGAF. The internet is a very, very large place with lots of available options. Go somewhere else or make your own forum or whatever your preference (don't advertise it on-site). 

While you're here, you have to follow the rules.

That being said, what's the future of the footie community here on NeoGAF?

The thread will be banned indefinitely, and this status will be reevaluated three months from now. Anyone attempting to invade another thread to migrate the community to, or creating a stealth or offshoot official thread for the same purpose, will be permed on the spot, and such measures will be taken into account when deciding whether to re-open discussion in three months. The footie-gaf community has consistently demonstrated hostility toward the moderation team and an inability to follow the rules. Apologies to those who weren't part of the drama who have now lost their home.

Also note, footie-gaf threads in the off-topic forum that would normally be acceptable, like league final OTs, will not be allowed during this period.

"The thread will be banned indefinitely, and this status will be reevaluated three months from now. Anyone attempting to invade another thread to migrate the community to, or creating a stealth or offshoot official thread for the same purpose, will be permed on the spot, and such measures will be taken into account when deciding whether to re-open discussion in three months."

This part made me go   :bird

What a dick, so he is basically pushing the football community out? Again? Sure, Gaf is a big and popular place so they don't care that they make some posters go away but this is waaaaay too harsh. 

He did it with NBA-gaf much worse.

Football Thread wasn't banned last time, just no one made a thread after we all left. This time its different as its actually been banned its a lot worse as gaf has grown a lot bigger since we all left so there will be a lot more posters who weren't involved in any issues.

Also for him to bring it up again "with the Again? and community consistently demonstrated hostility toward the moderation team" is pretty off, we've been gone for years its easily like 7 years or some shit.

Just laziness they can't be bothered so just ban it. Like I said they don't want communities but communities is what keeps people going back but it gets too big so they class it as too insular and have to have a brush fire.

While my permaban was tons of massive shit for a first offence (I am sure she saw my work address) I'm pretty glad it happened as a bunch of higher ups on work started to check gaf around that time.

So, maybe we can get some new friends in here then. Snitch, can you sort it out?

Evilore is such a bloody cunt. He's so bad he makes me use shitty British insults. I'm glad I stopped posting in that thread a while ago or else I'd probably be banned right now.

Time to send out the life boats! Get new blood in here. Preferably Milan fans, if any still exist.

Weren't most of football gaf's Serie A fans Juve fans? Do you really want that, Frank?

Weren't most of football gaf's Serie A fans Juve fans? Do you really want that, Frank?

Most of the Juve guys there were actually pretty cool except for that fake ass-kisser passive aggressive nomadic dwelling dude.

Thanks mate.

My hatred towards Liverpool has mostly kept me away, I don't want to upset you :(

You only came back for my fair, balanced view on Saints.