LCVG
Sign in to follow this  
Starhawk

Hideo Kojima and Guillermo Del Toro - Silent Hills (P.T. playable teaser for the game up now!)

Money sounds way off, but would make an interesting E3 moment if any sort of deal happened for the game or Konami itself

From IGN http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/05/29/silent-hills-reportedly-an-xbox-one-exclusive

"BY BRIAN ALBERT

An anonymous source has reportedly told Rooster Teeth that Microsoft is in talks with Konami to purchase and release Silent Hills as an Xbox One exclusive.

We reached out for clarification and were told "Microsoft does not comment on rumor or speculation." We have also reached out to Konami and will update you when we know more.

According to Rooster Teeth's source, Silent Hills is 80% complete, and Microsoft is trying to purchase the property for "billions" of dollars by E3 this year – where it will officially reveal the game as an Xbox One exclusive. It could reportedly be released as soon as March 2016.

Konami pulled the PT demo for Silent Hills from the PlayStation Store "as a show of good faith to Microsoft," Rooster Teeth said.

It's important to note that "billions" is a huge amount of money for a franchise that hasn't been in gaming's spotlight for many years. "

Yeah it is. The numbers all sound off, but as I said if any part of it is true, folks would be happy. I'll go back to hiding from the demo ;)

"80% complete" goes against everything we'd heard about the game's development, doesn't it?

I'm more skeptical of the "billions" that Microsoft supposedly willing to spend on the franchise. Does anyone really think this series makes that kind of money?

80/20 rule. 

It might indeed be considered as 80% complete, with 20% of the work to go. However, that 20% will take 80% of the time & budget to finish :) 

Microsoft is trying to purchase the property for "billions" of dollars by E3 this year

That is the stupidest thing I've read in a long while.  If anyone believes that, I've got a bridge to sell you...

That is the stupidest thing I've read in a long while.  If anyone believes that, I've got a bridge to sell you...

I read it on GAF and didn't even bother to post it because its utterly asinine. Has Silent Hill as a videogame property generated "billions"? Come on.

The fact that IGN is reporting it is hilarious (and yet expected)

SILENT HILL TRIOLOGY AMIRITE!?

HWMh1oi.gif

Phil Spencer: Nope.

Not even a "We don't comment on rumors and speculation" run-around. Just a flat-out denial.

Del Toro:

http://bloody-disgusting.com/news/3364524/interview-guillermo-del-toro-on-serenading-crews-silent-hills-and-crimson-peak/

So far your career has been quite varied with some work in video games. Although Silent Hills didn’t work out, what was the experience like?

"It was curious.

We had a great experience and had great story sessions with hundreds upon hundreds of designs. Some of the stuff that we were designing for Silent Hills I’ve seen in games that came after, like The Last of Us, which makes me think we were not wrong, we were going in the right direction.

The thing with Kojima and Silent Hills is that I thought we would do a really remarkable game and really go for the jugular.

We were hoping to actually create some sort of panic with some of the devices we were talking about and it is really a shame that it’s not happening. When you ask about how things operate, that makes no fucking sense at all that that game is not happening.

Makes no fucking sense at all. That’s the randomness that I was talking about."

Jack-Donaghy-Pouring-Alcohol-Loop-30-Roc