LCVG
Sign in to follow this  
Romier S

The official Nintendo Amiibo Discussion Thread - Preordering won't save you!

Thanks for the heads-up, Romier.  She ended up being $23.50 by the time I got to her, but I still grabbed one.

I ordered one from someone who will supposedly have it in stock on Monday. If that pans out, $20 and Prime and everything. Dangerous, but I'm hopeful!

I decided to collect just the Super Mario Amiibos (plus Link) with the goal of having a matching Wiimote and Mario Kart wheel for each character. I finally achieved the goal once I realized Amazon Prime could deliver Yoshi and Toad Wiimotes with free shipping. There is a Wiimote for Bowser too, but he doesn't have a matching wheel.  I can't wait for my 3 year old son to get a little older to be able to appreciate the variety he will have when selecting characters.

why74o.jpg

I mostly bowed out of the amiibo hunt after the 5th or 6th wave outside a few that interest me. On that note...

Vet17xT.jpg

Every single one interests me.

For those wanting the Majora's Mask Link Amiibo that is exclusive to Best Buy, go into the store and they can order it for you and Ship to Home. I got two last night (one for me and one for my son). My friend from work did the same. I was able to snag the Skyward Sword Amiibo on Amazon, so I only missed the Twilight Princess Amiibo from Gamestop. Fucking Nintendo and their exclusive store bullshit strikes again.

-Dean-

Do they still release these things in waves, or do you guys collecting really only see new ones surrounding the release of specific games now? Only one I'd still like to get is a Yarn Yoshi. 

I think they just come out for specific releases. I have the 8-bit Mario one and love it, I keep it on my desk at work. I have no real interesting in getting the others, save that gorgeous Metroid they showed at E3.

I still like the Boo Amiibo which I'd also consider. I can absolutely see how people just buy them as desk ornaments.

I am quite fond of the Bandai Tamashii Nintendo figures. The Good Smile stuff is lovely too (amazing Samus coming from them later this year). I lack the money and the space to buy a lot of this stuff though. Even Amiibos are a little too pricey for my liking, but I can't be without a yarn Yoshi.