LCVG

Cellular phone review sites

ChoiceStriker

Hey everyone, I was wondering if there was some site comparable to remotecentral.com for reviewing cellular phones. I'm thinking of getting a new one and having a hard time finding good, (relatively) professional reviews of phones. Does anyone know of such a site? I found something similar to what I'm looking for at mobiledia.com, but they're pretty limited in their number of reviews. Thanks in advance for your help, guys.

Edit: P.S. I'm talking about actual, physical phones that you hold in your hand, not rate plans or anything.

Originally posted by gigapower@Dec 10 2003, 09:55 PM

i was just in your spot and wound up getting the Motorola MPx200.....greatest phone ever!

Really? I had it down to 2 models and the MPX200 was one of them, I visited my local AT&T wireless store and the guy there told me the MPX200 had a better than 50% return rate and the new model 220 was coming in February. Have you had any problems with it locking up? And does the caller ID work on the external display? These were some of the major complaints I've heard about regarding that model, I'm not too worried about new models coming soon, theres always a new one coming. I'm still seriously considering the MPX, it's either that or the N-Gage(don't laugh), would you recommend it?

bug,

I haven't had any of the problems that you mention. If anything my biggest complaint is with the spottyness GSM service. ATTWireless claims that they will have more then doubled the GSM service in my area by the end of december.

If you have a huge Outlook Contact list, like I do it is awesome the synergy between the two.

Thanks for the input, everyone. I haven't decided what I'm going to do yet. At first I thought I was going to have to stick with Verizon, but now that I've discovered I don't, I was thinking about changing providers too. What kind of plans are you guys on and how have they worked out for you?

If I stayed with Verizon, I'd be looking at the LG VX-6000, LG VX-4400 or the Motorola t720. Anybody have any experience with any of those? I'm a little concerned with LG quality - my current phone is an LG TM-510, and while it's worked pretty well for me, battery life is horrible.

I'm currently on AT&T wireless with a Sony-Ericcson T68i, I've just got a local plan, 250 minutes for 30 bucks a month, free nights and weekends, free long distance, and a bunch of other free stuff I never use, I am considering adding an m-mode plan though. GSM isn't bad here (Detroit) but the phone I currently have isn't great at holding a signal, too bad to because I went out and bought the camera, chatboard, and desktop stand. The good thing about GSM is I can just keep swapping my SIM among whatever phones I have and use whichever one I feel like that day.