LCVG

Any of you guys playing Metal Arms?

Derrik Draven

The reviews were right: Metal Arms is no walk in the park. Even on normal, my 25+ years or so of gaming, are being put to the test! Fun though...

Anyone get to the MASSIVE boss with the retractable mace? You know, the big bastard with the spiked iron ball on a chain? It's one of the coolest boss fights I've seen in quite a while!

I've been trying and trying and trying to get past this guy. I cannot find what "the trick" is! If I hammer the crap outta him, he's tough enough to last long enough that my buddy ends up dying every time. (there's a bot you're trying to save that's moving on a slow conveyor belt, toward a crusher. That's what sets up the time limit for this fight)

If you hit this big guy hard enough, he'll hunch over like he's gasping for breath. His mouth hangs open but, still...I've shot everything I can into his mouth (okay, minds out of the gutter!), but he still keep coming. (out of the gutter damn it!!). He's obviously running on steam power, and his burner seems to be down in his stomach. When his mouth is hanging open, you can see the heat/fire coming from his mouth. Figured maybe some sort of water attack? Nope...can't find any water. Can't find anything that's destructible in the environment to help either.

Anyone make it to this point yet? If you got past this guy, how the hell did you do it?!!?

Originally posted by Derrik Draven@Dec 11 2003, 02:39 PM

I've shot everything I can into his mouth (okay, minds out of the gutter!), but he still keep coming. (out of the gutter damn it!!)

Sorry, I can't help you get past the Boss, but DAMN you got me crying over here :lmfao: :lmfao: