LCVG
Sign in to follow this  
Starhawk

Rock Band 4 Announced - October 6th release date.

Nah, I think I'm just out at this point.  I don't have the time (or advanced degree) to figure out what can be exported from where.  Maybe someday when I can just get RB4 and the legacy instrument adapter for like $20.

As far as I know, if you haven't exported anything prior to RB3 already, you're S.O.L.  The ability to export was shut off in December.

RB3 and Blitz (AFAIK) are the only titles that can still be exported if you haven't done it already.

So, the overdrive bug they removed in the last patch (and one of the reasons for the leaderboard wipe)... was not removed. In some ways this made the leaderboard wipe pointless. Last week they said they were having a meeting on what to do, but I don't think anything has been announced.

Also, Mad Catz CEO Resigns

Yes, the download process now is still not 100% what it could be (although they are working on that) but I was able to download RB2 and Lego with the press of a single button also which is great. For some reason though I don't have the ability to download the AC/DC tracks, and have to submit a ticket for it.

Either way, I'm ecstatic, and extremely surprised these came out all together. The remaining track packs that are missing, I don't really care about much. It will be nice when they come out, but to have all the main disc tracks back makes it feel like I can finally have some people over to play Rock Band.

Same here, even though my Xbox Live account shows that I bought exports for both RB1 and RB2 in the Xbox 360 days. Frustrating.

Remember that only the RB3 songs are installed through the exports section of the in game interface. All the other songs RB1, 2, Lego and ACDC are done through the XB1 dashboard.

If you still don't have access, file a support ticket through Harmonix. Their response may be just to wait, but it starts the process.

Harmonix has started a crowdfunding campaign through Fig to bring Rock Band 4 to PC.

That in itself isn't terribly exciting, but it would also bring back the Rock Band Network through Steam Workshop, which would be much more accessible than the Xbox one.

They are promising feature parity with the console versions, compatibility with as many instruments as possible, but your DLC from another platform will not transfer over and they won't be able to offer exports from previous games.

I'm considering backing it. Xbox would still be my main platform but it could be interesting to see what RBN songs get released, and with the PC comes the opportunity for other mods In both software and hardware.

https://www.fig.co/campaigns/rock-band-4-pc

The possibility of mods and custom song imports is pretty cool but, ugh... Still no online play :/ Means it's appeal is very limited for me versus one of the console versions where I could at least import songs from previous gmes and use a few of the older instruments.

Yeah... Good luck with that, Harmonix. I'm thoroughly bamboozled by their decision making process.

• Like 1

March update came out yesterday. Full list of changes can be found at http://harmonixmusic.com/blog/rock-band-4-march-update-patch-notes/

Nothing huge this month,mostly bug fixes, fixing the drum exploit found after last month's patch (and wiping the drum leaderboards again), scores done in Career go to leaderboard and new items in the rockshop.

Setlists are promised for next month.

Rock_Band_4_-_Setlist_Gif.gif

Harmonic announced a bunch of new features at PAX East, the big one being Online Multiplayer for later this year!

Also

Battleborn® characters available as playable characters in RB4 coming in May

Double Kick Pedal support coming in May

Practice Mode coming in June

ION drums support for Xbox One coming in the fall from our partners at PDP

An expansion pack coming to Rock Band 4 in the fall featuring big new features

I miss the days when games were complete when they came out. Still, at least we don't get so many games that launch half-arsed and stay that way, I guess.

I'm curious to hear more about the expansion plans. Apparently they are working on brand new features, so hopefully there will be something good in it.

Also wondering if they are planning on charging for it since they are calling it an expansion and how that would work if they do.

So apparently the expansion is a paid update, you will need the expansion to get online play when it it's released soon after the expansion, and future feature updates will require the expansion. Those without the expansion will still get DLC and bug fixes.

More info at E3 on new features for the expansion.

So apparently the expansion is a paid update, you will need the expansion to get online play when it it released soon after the expansion, and future feature updates will require the expansion. Those without the expansion will still get DLC and bug fixes.

Ay, ay, ay.

For anyone looking to get into Rock Band or add some peripherals to your collection, the Rock Band 4 inventory blow out is in full swing:

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_1?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=rock+band+4

• Band in a Box: $169
  • Guitar Bundle: $69
  • Guitar: $49
  • Drums: $99
  • Pro Cymbals: $29

The caveat here is PDP will be releasing new instruments later this year, but who knows if they will be better or worse. Here's what they make now: http://www.pdp.com