LCVG

Wanted: ESPN Football opponents

Bruce B

If anyone at this forum likes to play ESPN Football please add my gamertag(Mooseknuckleman) to your friends list. I will play Pro, All Pro, or Legend. I'm a decent player(not great) who is at his wits end after 4 straight games of people cheating. I just want to play and could care less if I win or lose( Although if I play Jtello its a guaranteed win.) :P

Although if I play Jtello its a guaranteed win.)

Why I outta give ya a knuckle sandwich,..............if only it weren't so true. :cry:

Oh, and one other way to cheat,... use Miami everytime! ;)

I'm love to play ESPN, so no matter the inevitable outcome, just shoot me an invite.

I loved playing with the classic teams last year, but I have yet to play them this year, is this option even available? I'd love to play some games with different classic teams. Mabe this option is available in non-ranked games only, maybe that's why Ihaven't seen it?

Darius

I can't help it if they're my favorite team. At least in videogame land I can make them play up to their potential since I have to suffer through watching them play in real life.

I feel you pain man,... I've been on that end of suffering and it hurts. It used to be your Dolphins annually extinguishing my Patriots post season hopes, and finally the tables have turned the past few years. I'm not gloating, just telling ya I know how it sucks. What I can't understand though is that the Dolphins should play better given thier talent. Thier underachieving certainly contrasts the Pats who are just about redefined over-achieving in recent history. I'm thinking Wannstedt has got to move on, and they should concentrate on beefing up the O-line so Ricky can get the yards he should be getting.

I'm glad this thread was started, there has been a lack of good ESPN opponents recently. I'm looking forward to catching up with you guys online,.. even if I have to play the Dolphins most of the time. ;):P

I'm thinking Wannstedt has got to move on

You hit the nail right on the head brotha. If we had your coach I honestly believe we would be in first place. I think you can judge a coach by the teams fundamentals being tackling and penalties. The fish miss way too many tackles. The Pats should go a long way in the playoffs, now your Pats in ESPN footbal are another story.

Well after last night I think Wannstadt will be getting his walking papers. The problem is theres noone really that great to replace him. The dolphins spend way too much on defense I think it was 64% of their payroll or something silly. Way too much money for a bunch of guys that can't tackle. We need to beef up the O-line and get a QB. Fiedler although good at times will never be a great QB and Griese definately isn't the answer either.

Again this has a lot to do with coaching though because look at what Parcells is getting out of Carter.

I believe I will give up my dolphins for good if they by some god awful chance hire Dan Reeves. I don't want to think it will happen but who knows. I'm just afraid that by the time we get a good coach and decent O-line the rest of the team will be old and gone.

I hear ya Darius. Remember all those years with the incredible Dan Marino we kept saying "If we only had a defense". I think Fiedler is good enough to win. If you look at the last few SuperBowl winners(i.e. Baltimore & Trent Dilfer) I think you just need a guy that wont make mistakes. On my X-Mas list is a O-line and bring Shula out of retirement.(My years of yelling to get rid of Shula are now a distant memory).

Remember all those years with the incredible Dan Marino
bring Shula out of retirement

Hey, why not bring back Mario too,... those TV gigs are getting old, and I'm sure he'd love to pull a Chris Carter for old times sake. Hehe. :twisted: Ohhh, and if Ricky goes down Larry Csonka might be willing to make a re-run tour. :P

Did I mention the Pats beat Miami twice this year,... ouch, talk about owned! :green:

Getting back on topic ,...... Hey Bruce, we should play turn back the clock night tonight, I'll let you and the Dolphins kick my Patriots ass on ESPNFootball. 8 or 9pm sound good?

• 3 weeks later...
Originally posted by adamsappel@Jan 3 2004, 07:57 PM

Maybe if I can get some practice time in the next few days I'll consent to an online ass kicking.

I would be happy to kick your ass as well.