LCVG
Romier S

Horizon Zero Dawn - PS4 Exclusive from Guerilla games - Delayed to February 28th, 2017

I die all the time, damn those Sawtooth to hell!

Working on a hunting trial right now, that log trap BS is killing my mojo.

Made it to level 22, and passed over into the Carja territory. Saved at the first fire in. Looking forward to exploring this new area. Enjoyed the drastic difference in flavor, down in the crucible.

Can't wait to see Meridian!

Hit Level 28, and yes, Meridian is nice, just seeing the whole desert look is great.  And of course all the Quests (!) start showing up and I have to get them ALL.  The new enemies there, are no joke, some awesome battles have occurred.  Some of the people that look down upon "the outcast Nora girl" are going to be sorry, I want them dead.

I must remember to dodge. I must remember to dodge. I must remember to dodge. I must remember to dodge. I must remember to dodge. I must remember to dodge.

I must remember to dodge. I must remember to dodge. I must remember to dodge. I must remember to dodge. I must remember to dodge. I must remember to dodge.

For sure, I have my melee leveled up. I dodge, then heavy strike, it will knock down the machine, then you either put a critical strike on him, knock off his armor with regular strikes, or over-ride them if you have the skill.  I purposely bring them in close, make them jump, then dodge, then heavy attack.  I just love killing them personally up close.

Love over-riding a Sawtooth, then just causing a ruckus with some enemies, he comes in and just clears house.  Then to thank him, I end his life :)

Yeah, I am still finding combat categorically hard. I think I am playing it too much like an action game and not thinking through my attacks with an actual plan.

I have gadgets, I should use them.

Yeah, I am still finding combat categorically hard. I think I am playing it too much like an action game and not thinking through my attacks with an actual plan.

I have gadgets, I should use them.

Tripcaster is your friend . As are traps. :)

I'm playing on Very Hard and its...very hard but enjoyable as hell. 

Level 21 here and I just finished up the Revenge of the Nora quest line. Heading over to Carja territory now. Did my first Cauldron too which was neat. Being able to now

override a Sawtooth is sweet!

Tripcaster is awesome. I set one up and an entire group ran into it at the same time. I'm still early on, but i love the stealth hunting. Figuring out the best way to do stuff is very enjoyable.

So this did well. Like, really well.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2017-03-06-horizon-zero-dawn-is-sonys-biggest-ps4-franchise-debut

Horizon is Sony's biggest new franchise launch on PS4 - a title previously held by No Man's Sky. It's also the biggest PS4 launch in general since Uncharted 4.

Below Horizon in the chart, Zelda: Breath of the Wild was second. 78 per cent of copies sold were on Switch, with 22 per cent on Wii U - the latter figure perhaps higher than expected.

Grand Theft Auto 5 was third, ahead of Switch launch title 1-2 Switch.

For Honor was fifth, FIFA 17 sixth, followed by another Switch launch game - Super Bomberman R - in seventh.

Rocket League, Sniper Elite 4 and Battlefield 1 filled out the rest of the top 10.

1. Horizon: Zero Dawn
  2. Zelda: Breath of the Wild
  3. Grand Theft Auto 5
  4. 1-2 Switch
  5. For Honor
  6. FIFA 17
  7. Super Bomberman R
  8. Rocket League
  9. Sniper Elite 4
  10. Battlefield 1

We are so not the market for 1-2 Switch. I have no interest and my girlfriend was chomping at the bit for me to buy it :P

GTAV has apparently reached that level like Minecraft and a few others have; less a "game" than an online location for kids to chat with their friends.

Picked up Horizon yesterday, played it for over 4 hours last night which went by very quickly. Loving this game, it's engaging right from the start and just flows so smoothly from gameplay to story and back. The hunting combat is super satisfying, and can be genuinely terrifying (I was pretty on edge at that first Sawtooth encounter). I often get tired of games with scripted narratives very quickly, even ones where I appreciate the quality, but this shows no hints of that for me.

I'm opting to wait until I have a new TV to go near this one. That could be a year away, but it seems like such a spectacular HDR experience that I'd really like to play it that way (it's too big a game to envision myself playing through twice). I'm really pleased to hear how good the game itself is. 

Finally made it to Meridian. When I passed over into Carja territory, it was night. While walking the road to Meridian, the sun rose, and the glow of the light, and the mist in the valley, was amazing looking.

Aside from the awesome gameplay, I spend a stupid amount of time just gawking at the sights. Lots of use out of the picture mode!

I know it's extremely early but, I want DLC!!!! .....at least I'm hoping for it. Lol

Yes, the day/night transitions are beautiful. For my part, I've mostly witnessed them while making a fool of myself. I must have seen two gorgeous day/night transitions while flailing at the log rolling trial thing. The first time I managed to get two kills (three is the lowest passing score), but ran out of logs to roll. I did manage to get the highest score the next time I tried, but it was pretty much luck. Anyway, yeah, it's a stunner.

Finished up the Maker's Heart quest from Meridian, got a massive story dump, and who else to lay it all out there but Lance Reddick.  The guy's voice is so great.  Really enjoying the story, I wasn't too far off from what I thought, but there are more threads to pull here, really enjoying it, and of top of some amazing combat against flying machines and more, it's just an amazing experience.

For the log rolling, I found it worked best if I was chasing the grazers and then shooting ahead of them. If you're lucky you can pick off two or three in a shot :)

I do decently at fighting / hunting, but damn those hunting trials. I kinda suck at them. Gives me something to try and improve. The log killing thing has been a real bitch for me. Still haven't passed it but, I haven't tried again since several levels ago. Would like to rise up in the ranks of the Hunters Lodge.

I've run into a bug, possibly?  It seems that now when I try to use the Focus to tag targets, the game recognizes they've been tagged, but I no longer see the arrows above the targets heads.  This, of course, makes tagging targets useless.

Anyone else run into this?

I have to commend the voice acting in this game. For nearly every character I've interacted with, the voices have been very effective. It's an important thing to get right because the uncanny valley is in full effect here, the faces look so good, but the animations are not up to the same level of realism.