LCVG

Horizon Zero Dawn - PS4 Exclusive from Guerilla games - Delayed to February 28th, 2017

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I know that I am late to the party but I just finished up this one — both main game and The Frozen Wilds are pretty much done except for a mop-up errand or two.   Just an incredible experien

Seeing this game running at 60 fps...     Please give this to us on PS5, Sony.

Don’t feel bad, I too think this was a much much better game than Zelda. 

Going to pick this up on the way home from work.  Fate, or Verizon Rewards points that don't buy anything except sweepstakes drawings, brought me a $50 gift card to Toys R' Us.  I was only interested in either this or Mass Effect.  ME looks a little iffy right now.  This wins by a mile.

Going to pick this up on the way home from work.  Fate, or Verizon Rewards points that don't buy anything except sweepstakes drawings, brought me a $50 gift card to Toys R' Us.  I was only interested in either this or Mass Effect.  ME looks a little iffy right now.  This wins by a mile.

You've made a good choice, my friend.

So, has anyone progressed far enough into the game to find an explanation for there being robot animals? If so, is it a sensible, satisfactory explanation? No need to go into details, as I'm not looking for spoilers and may yet decide to play it at some point.

Absolutely, info dumps happen at times.  All questions are answered, and done well.

Even the game's subtitle, "Zero Dawn," which on the surface sounds a bit silly, is satisfactorily explained in the game.

Good to know.  My wife wondered if they were just throwing random words together, like "Limousine Diaper", "Pandora Tomorrow", or "Benedict Cumberbatch"

• Like 1

I think I've put 40+ hours into this one now and it's still amazingly fun. I'm only level 25 and moving the story along slowly but, I keep getting distracted - there is just so much to do and all of it is fun (cauldrons, ruins, hunting, side missions, etc) Really a killer game.

What sick person came up with the Thunderjaw Cauldron, stomp, tail swipe, charge, dodge, try to aim, stomp, tail swipe, charge. Struggling to find the time to aim let alone get a shot off.

Try it on very hard.:)

The thing about the Thunderjaw is to as quickly as possible use the tear arrows to knock both disc launchers off of its back. Do that from high up before you drop to really start the fight. Once they are on the ground and ready to be picked up, hopefully you have the higher level ropecaster with the heavy ammo. Tie that sumbitch down until he falls over and the head for the disc launchers (they'll have a target icon which means you can use them). Fire away until your out of ammo and then grab the other and repeat. Ropecaster him in between and as much as possible to let yourself get oriented. Hitting him with both disc launchers until they run out ought to put him down to about 40% health. From there it's a matter of shooting the heart, flame arrows for fire damage, etc.

I'll say again, the ropecaster is your friend to keep him controlled and immobile.

Try it on very hard. :)

The thing about the Thunderjaw is to as quickly as possible use the tear arrows to knock both disc launchers off of its back. Do that from high up before you drop to really start the fight. Once they are on the ground and ready to be picked up, hopefully you have the higher level ropecaster with the heavy ammo. Tie that sumbitch down until he falls over and the head for the disc launchers (they'll have a target icon which means you can use them). Fire away until your out of ammo and then grab the other and repeat. Ropecaster him in between and as much as possible to let yourself get oriented. Hitting him with both disc launchers until they run out ought to put him down to about 40% health. From there it's a matter of shooting the heart, flame arrows for fire damage, etc.

I'll say again, the ropecaster is your friend to keep him controlled and immobile.

I can only image how difficult very hard is, respect for completing that.

Normally I start off dismantling as many parts as I can, I did get to use the disc launchers, but only had him down to about 50% before I met my end, I got the purple ropecaster today, figured that may help as the trip caster and traps weren't doing much for me, I did take a corrupted one down during a quest in the wild, next time I go back i'll be better prepared and many levels higher, not sure if that helps though.

Just got 100% completion tonight. Been running on very hard the past week, and still not finding it difficult.

I just use blast tripcaster, sometimes, but mostly use my hunters lodge blast sling. Hit everything with some triple notched impact arrows, and usually it takes care of everything.

That special armor makes even very hard, average.

Sometimes I'll get fancy and use the rope caster, and varying traps but, that's just to have fun.

Now the probably long wait for dlc. Awesome game!!!

Finished this one today and it was a very good story and satisfying ending. Already working through some of the left over errands I had but, did almost everything in my first plqythrough. Excellent game and the final battle felt appropriately "big" so very happy with it. Would LOVE some story DLC.

Completed tonight. Got my platinum.

Fantastic story. They totally nail the landing and nothing felt "wrong" or cheap. No way would I have ever believed the studio responsible for Killzone could have produced a narrative like this without having finished it myself.

Tour de force on a technical and artistic level, amazing combat, wonderful main character. No way this shouldn't end up on many game of the year 2017 lists.

Any complaints I have are minor at best.