LCVG
Sign in to follow this  
Romier S

Destiny The Taken King - Retail Expansion, new subclasses

It's kind of funny that the guy that plays Lt. Daniels in The Wire does the voice of Commander Zavala in Destiny. I keep waiting to hear him say, "We need a wiretap on Oryx."

Ahem.... I think you mean Philip Broyles from Fringe :)

It is strange getting green items more powerful then the rare and legendary items I had before.

I know right...then I remembered that you feed those items to upgrade your maxed out legendary items.  It's a feeding frenzy!  lol

You guys do know that you can infuse exotics into legendaries yes?

Follow with me here.....

Buy a Hawkmoon this week from Xur 

That unlocks the Hawkmoon in the Kiosk

Items in the Kiosk once unlocked don't cost Legendary Marks - they use an exotic shard (and maybe some glimmah)

Use 'printed' Hawkmoons to level up any primary weapon to 280 as long as you have shards and marks for infusion. 

Remember - for Armor, the armor that you're using as infusion fuel does not have to be from the same character class - just slot (gloves can be from a hunter, titan, or warlock to infuse into whatever class gloves you'd like)

That way you can still level any Legendary items that you don't like and break 'em apart for 5 marks (instead of 3)

You guys do know that you can infuse exotics into legendaries yes?

Follow with me here.....

Buy a Hawkmoon this week from Xur 

That unlocks the Hawkmoon in the Kiosk

Items in the Kiosk once unlocked don't cost Legendary Marks - they use an exotic shard (and maybe some glimmah)

Use 'printed' Hawkmoons to level up any primary weapon to 280 as long as you have shards and marks for infusion. 

Remember - for Armor, the armor that you're using as infusion fuel does not have to be from the same character class - just slot (gloves can be from a hunter, titan, or warlock to infuse into whatever class gloves you'd like)

That way you can still level any Legendary items that you don't like and break 'em apart for 5 marks (instead of 3)

I was planning to do that once I settle on gear I like.  I have a ton of Exotic Shards since I went nuts and destroyed most of my year 1 exotics.  Only problem is I've blown past 280 on most gear already.

I was planning to do that once I settle on gear I like.  I have a ton of Exotic Shards since I went nuts and destroyed most of my year 1 exotics.  Only problem is I've blown past 280 on most gear already.

Man, what a problem! :)

Well, I'll be damned. I haven't been doing much lately, just checking in now and then and look what I missed! I'm so glad to see you again Screwy. :)

Got a free 1000 Yard Stare sniper rifle, yesterday from finishing a quest. It's definitely my new fave sniper. I like it better than the new exotic one; Hereafter.

I got that one too, and at 298 it's my highest attack weapon (and highest light).  Definitely is making me rely on sniping a lot more then usual... now if I can just get BETTER at sniping!

Got a free 1000 Yard Stare sniper rifle, yesterday from finishing a quest. It's definitely my new fave sniper. I like it better than the new exotic one; Hereafter.

I actually infused the raid fusion rifle (which I wasn't really going to use) to bring mine up to 307. This one is a keeper for sure (very handy in the raid as well)

The article is about Bungie saying there would not be microtransactions that buff abilities or drops in the game.

You believe them?  Or Activision.  Fair enough.  I was just posting it for people to read.  That is all.

You believe them?  Or Activision.  Fair enough.  I was just posting it for people to read.  That is all.

I was more clarifying "It begins" meant they'd be charging for microtransations when the linked article has them stating they would not be charging for microtransactions. 

It may contradict what they said a year ago, but the switch from £20 expansions every few months to a single yearly update and silly dance emote purchases between alongside meaningful free content suits me fine.

Because if I drop a couple of quid on one (and I'm not saying I won't) it's because a small sum to laugh at players doing the Carlton dance at each other is worth it, not because I feel pressured to pay out to stay competitive.

It may contradict what they said a year ago, but the switch from £20 expansions every few months to a single yearly update and silly dance emote purchases between alongside meaningful free content suits me fine.

Have they said they were not doing the cheaper expansions? My understanding is that the micro transactions were for funding more live events like the Queens Bounty. I just assumed they'd still release mid year addons also.

Finally got the Taken King and played a few hours today. It's a lot to get up to speed on after 1.0 but I'm lvl35 now and working through the story questlines. Lots of fun so far...

Having played this game a LOT since the Alpha, The Taken King is by far their best content so far. Tons of new missions and strikes, a better overall weapon balance, and it just feels like there is a lot more to do. It is still a huge grind, but it feels more organic now. And the Dreadnaught is a great, great location.

Most importantly, this feels like a strong turn in the right direction. The gameplay has always been great, but any narrative heft or character movement felt pretty sparse in the first year. TTK is really a positive move. They have also inserted some fun secrets that have led to new Exotics in interesting ways. Anyways, it was a breath of fresh air. I still hope we get new content chunks in reasonable timeframes.

Thanks guys - I am enjoying it a lot all over again and don't mind the gear/weapon grind too much. Speaking of the gear and weapons - I've already upgraded Obsidian Mind to top year 1 rank (something like that) and think I will upgrade Red Death next but maybe Super Good Advice :) I have had a few new legendary drops but, no new exotics so far.