LCVG
Romier S

Playstation VR (the artist formally known as Morpheus)

Last Guardian VR, so the headset could hide my tears, is coming in the form of a free 20 minute limited play demo on the 12th of December.

"The Last Guardian VR Demo is a short experience, and it is standalone; there are no larger versions of this project planned. But it is an amazing testament to the power of PS VR to immerse, and the breathtaking scale and character of the world of The Last Guardian. Also, it works with a DualShock 4 and does not require that you own copy of The Last Guardian on PS4. You will, though, need PS VR and the PlayStation camera to experience the demo."

• Like 2

If you have a fear of heights - raises hand - be wary of The Last Guardian demo.  

The scale of the creature is amazing.

BTW - fair number of VR games are at a reduced price.

(Prices may be less if you have PS+)

100ft Robot Golf, $7.99

Accounting+, $10.19

Ancient Amuletor, $13.99

Archangel, $20.09

ATV Drift & Tricks, $19.99

Carnival Games VR, $6.99

Digital Domain's Monkey King, $4.99

Don't Knock Twice, $13.99

DreamWorks Voltron VR Chronicles, $7.49

Driveclub VR, $8.99

DYING: Reborn PSVR, $1.99

DYING: Reborn Ultimate Bundle, $4.99

End Space, $9.99

EVE: Valkyrie – Warzone, $17.99

Farpoint, $34.99

Here They Lie, $8.99

Heroes of The Seven Seas, $4.89

Hustle Kings VR, $8.99

Manifest 99, $4.19

Mervils: A VR Adventure, $11.99

Mortal Blitz, $11.99

Moto Racer 4, $15.99

NBA 2KVR Experience, $2.99

OASIS GAMES SHOOTER VR BUNDLE, $4.99

Obduction, $20.99 (future VR update)

Paranormal Activity: The Lost Soul, $23.99

Pinball FX2 VR, $7.49

Pinball FX2 VR: Season 1 Pack, $14.99

Pinball FX2 VR: The Walking Dead, $3.59

PlayStation VR Worlds, $8.99

Raw Data, $31.99

Sneaky Bears, $11.99

Soul Dimension, $3.49

Sparc, $17.99

Sports Bar VR, $9.99

StarBlood Arena, $9.99

Starship Disco, $7.49

Statik, $13.99

Super Stardust Ultra VR, $8.99

The Solus Project, $9.99

Time Machine VR, $19.79

Trackmania Turbo, $15.99

Tumble VR, $4.49

Unearthing Mars, $7.49

Virry VR: Feel the Wild, $3.99

VR Ping Pong, $7.49

Weeping Doll, $1.99

WipEout Omega Collection, $19.99 (future VR update)

• Like 3

Any recommendations for/against from that list are welcome. This game rocks... Avoid that game...

Trying to get up to speed fast on the psvr and Switch simultaneously. Information overload. 

I'm pretty new too to VR but if you don't have Wipeout Omega collection that gets a high recommend as a free VR update is due in early 2018.  Early buzz has been very positive.

From Reddit:

Based on popular feedback:

• Driveclub VR
  • EVE: Valkyrie
  • Here They Lie
  • PlayStation VR Worlds
  • StarBlood Arena

I found Driveclub VR demo very blurry. Will wait for Dirt Rally when that goes on sale.  The others I cannot say one way or the other.

Picked up Statik tonight, on sale for $11.99. (Weird, the link in this thread still goes to a $13.99 listing. I double checked my receipt, def $11.99. ) My wife and I both enjoyed it. I did say that the next time I play I'll.be streaming music, as the in-game sounds while working out the puzzles are droning. The VR experience and gameplay are great! 👍

On 12/30/2017 at 2:34 AM, OldDarth said:

Damn RE7 in VR freaks me out.

I hear that!! I couldn’t finish it. First time ever in any game since Pong, did I have to quit due to fear. Lol. 

Until we we can plug right into our brains, ala The Matrix, nothing can touch VR for raw immersion. 

• Like 1

Inpatient is out today! From Super Massive games (Until Dawn):

It's $39.99 and its a damned easy purchase for me.:)

• Like 1

I'm no fan of scary games, I'm a puss, but I'm very interested in trying some in VR. Bad idea I'm sure, but still want too. Looks like a candidate!

Zero idea of a game's existence to utterly sold as one of the titles I need as soon as I get a headset in 30 seconds. Crank it up:

In-Patient is an interesting release. I wasn't aware that it actually functions as a full prequel to Until Dawn! Which is pretty neat. It covers the events happening at the asylum in the main game. Specifically the events with the miners, etc.

In that regard, its a very different game than Until Dawn. It's focused much more on a slow burn psychological narrative than an outright horror/action title. Because of that, it starts off very slow and builds to the eventual physical enemy you have to deal with.

Having played through the vast majority of the game now (it's only about two hours in length), I'm struck by how great the voice activation is. You are presented with several dialogue options in your encounters and you can choose those options with the controller or you can simply speak them and the built-in speaker will pick it up. It really makes you feel like you're the protagonist! Considering the game is little more than a virtual walking simulator with dialogue options determining the "butterfly effect" (which is ported over from Until Dawn) - its a key gameplay element that keeps you engaged.

Some quick thoughts:

Pros:

- Visually really nice. The lighting and effects work are top notch

- An actual prequel to Until Dawn and its quite well executed

- More focus on psychological issues, nightmares, dreams, etc.

- Voice activated options ROCK!

- The butterfly effect and finding your memories makes for a highly replayable experience.

- Some nice interactivity if you're using the move controllers. 

Cons:

- Movement controls can be a slog. It never "feels" great, your virtual arms will get stuck often and sometimes interacting with items can be a pain.

- Despite replayability, it's still a two hour experience. That's not exactly a great value when you're being asked to pay $39.99 for it.

- Make sure your environment is quite for voice activation. The pickup is quite good but this isn't Alexa or Google Home here.:)

I can't say much more without ruining the story but given what's on offer, the game is absolutely overpriced for what it is. If you're interested (and you should be) I would wait until it hits a $20 sales. I think that's the right value here. Either way. its a solid if a bit "uneventful" experience. Don't expect to be engaged with a ton of action. This is a game that wants to both tell you a story and wants you to decide how that story plays out. Enjoying for what it is and it's damned solid. 

• Like 1

Apologies if this has been covered, but:

Am I to understand that when PSVR is plugged in to my Pro, the Pro will dip to 1080P, at least on the main display, is that right?

Once switching away from that, or turning PSVR off, how does one switch back to 4k without either going into settings and forcing it, or is that just how it behaves?

Also: Star Trek: Bridge Crew is only $19.99 this week. I'm thinking of grabbing it. Anyone still interesting in trying it online?