LCVG
Romier S

Playstation VR (the artist formally known as Morpheus)

https://blog.eu.playstation.com/2018/11/29/introducing-the-playstation-vr-mega-pack-bundle-including-5-great-games/

New bundle for the EU. Includes Astro Bot, Skyrim, Doom VFR, Wipeout and VR Worlds (all digital codes). That’s a pretty big and pretty good collection of games. Still doesn’t include the Move controllers though. 

Comes out Monday or Tuesday depending on the country. No word on the price though. 

So i wasn't able to pull the trigger on a PSVR during Black Friday. However, I notice the Gamestop sells refurbed headsets for $149. I have the camera already and the games I currently have dont require Move controllers. Might be a good, cheap route to take without the high investment cost

Remember that first gen sets don’t pass HDR, if that matters to you. You’d have to switch cables to get that working. They have the mute power and volume on  the cord. Second gen has controls on headset itself. And hopefully they don’t switch the boxes during refurb since I think that is the part that would matter for HDR. Again, only if that is something you utilize. 

23 minutes ago, Eldorado said:

And hopefully they don’t switch the boxes during refurb since I think that is the part that would matter for HDR.

The V1 and V2 boxes are not compatible with the other headsets, so there’s no worry of getting stuck with a V2 headset and V1 box. 

Personally I’d probably wait for another sale. They happen quite frequently. For an extra $50 you’d get brand new hardware, guarantee of V2 headset and a couple of games and you could sell a camera. 

• Like 1

Picked up Dirt Rally and Battlezone today. Dirt Rally is totally intense. Dont know if I can go back to playing in non VR mode. I suck thought as it's much more difficult than Dirt 4. Any tips for assists? Battlezone is pretty fun also.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, RudyN said:

Picked up Dirt Rally and Battlezone today. Dirt Rally is totally intense. Dont know if I can go back to playing in non VR mode. I suck thought as it's much more difficult than Dirt 4. Any tips for assists?

I don’t think Dirt Rally is that much more difficult than Dirt 4. The physics are similar, except for dry tarmac (which I think D4 does better). The stages in DR are definitely more difficult though. The auto-generated stages in D4 just don’t achieve the gnarly, unpredictable state that the hand crafted, true to life ones in DR do. 

If you’re playing with a wheel, I think one key is feathering the throttle to try and keep grip as much as you can. (I suppose that advice works for a controller, but I’ve never played it with one). Flooring the pedal for more then a second or two is bound to bring you trouble. 

I must say the game rewards sinking time into, though. Its goddam hard, but it’s fair and a blast when you get a feel for it. 

Firewall Zero Hour is having and free trial weekend coming up for PSPlus members for any of you that were wanting to try it. 

• Like 3

57 minutes ago, Graeme said:

Firewall Zero Hour is having and free trial weekend coming up for PSPlus members for any of you that were wanting to try it. 

As soon as I got this I haven't had as much time to play lately and it got added to the pile. Be curious to see what anyone here thinks if they give it a shot for the first time.

:banderas:

SEGA’ s “Space Channel 5” now returns in PlayStation® VR - Space Channel 5 VR Kinda Funky News Flash! developed by Grounding Inc. Dance is your power to protect the earth against invading aliens! Become the No.1 funky news reporter in all galaxy!! Space Channel 5 is SEGA’s legendary Dreamcast rhythm game first released 20 years ago and now brand new stories, characters, stages and sounds… NEW station 5 is going to be on the air soon! Identical twin sisters, Rookie reporters - Lou & Kee assigned to cover a breaking dance news story as your avatars. Come and experience the return of Ulala for yourselves!

• Like 1

I'm surprised no one has mentioned this yet.  PSVR 3DRudder 

Seems a very intuitive way to get about in VR while keeping you stationary IRL.  I wonder how it goes back to "center."  Like all analog sticks have a zero position for no movement.  I think, even in a sitting position, it may be very difficult to keep your feet totally still.  Maybe it has a huge deadzone.  It will be interesting to see more detailed impressions once it releases in a few months.

Yeah, the compatibility in games seems a bit limited which was a concern as well, but it definitely looks interesting.

On 4/5/2019 at 8:38 AM, Eldorado said:

I'm surprised no one has mentioned this yet.  PSVR 3DRudder 

Seems a very intuitive way to get about in VR while keeping you stationary IRL.  I wonder how it goes back to "center."  Like all analog sticks have a zero position for no movement.  I think, even in a sitting position, it may be very difficult to keep your feet totally still.  Maybe it has a huge deadzone.  It will be interesting to see more detailed impressions once it releases in a few months.

It’s been out on PC for awhile. There are plenty of reviews and impressions already.  

Looking forward to Everybody's Golf VR. I may purchase it tonight even though I will be away for the holiday weekend starting Thursday. From the reviews it sounds like a great VR title hampered by lack of content and modes...but for me, I just really want to play this game in VR.

Ok, I played about an hour of Everybody’s Golf VR. It’s a bit disorienting at first, as you have to learn an entirely different way to play a golf game. A little patience with the tutorial is a good idea. 

But given that it’s entirely new, it surprisingly intuitive after you get the basics down. The controls feel quite accurate. The game pays attention to the rotation of the Move controller, and the ball will hook or slice accordingly. So you need to pay attention to wrist rotation while you swing. It’s entirely possible to play by just flicking your wrist to swing. Although 100% power does require at least some arm movement. 

The Move also vibrates a bit when you swing too low and strike the ground. I’m not sure how that affects striking the ball though. So far I’ve had good success with tee shots, approach shots are more difficult. 

Easily the most most difficult part is putting. Getting a handle on the power is a challenge. With tees and approaches, you usually won’t pay too much of a penalty for just hitting 100% power. But with putting you will. 

Every shot starts in practice mode, so you can try out swings (which give you an indication if you sliced or hooked, and the power level) before you decide to try for real. 

I have to say, it’s really cool to stand at the tee and look out over the rolling landscape where your ball is going to travel. It’s worlds apart from any other golf game experience I’ve had.

After just an hour played, I’d say this game is pretty challenging. I’ve yet to birdie a hole (mainly because of putting difficulties). I played a 9-hole round and got +8. 

It it would be nice if this had multiplayer. But I’m glad there is finally a VR golf game I can play. 

• Like 2