LCVG

Playstation VR (the artist formally known as Morpheus)

• Replies 739
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My wife is addicted to Rush of Blood. She's actually gotten more use out of the VR at the moment than I have. I just about fell out of my chair this weekend when I went down to my den and found my wif

For sure - if they are three things we can count on in this world it's your love of Rez, Silent Hill 2, and Panzer Dragoon Orta.  Frankly, its omission was a little earth-shattering. 

I ended up getting the refurb. Traded in some stuff and it only ended up costing me $40. It is a V2 headset. Also came with a 1yr warranty so it was too good of an offer to pass up. Played some demos

Posted Images

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Played Beat Saber for the first time in a long time yesterday. Really like some of the improvements they’ve made including the ability to customize colours and choose your environment. My favourite though it’s the 90° levels. It adds quite a bit to the game and can be quite challenging. I just wish the they had it on all songs, and had a few more difficultly levels. 

My arm it’s hurting quite a bit this morning too. 

On 5/24/2020 at 1:32 PM, Graeme said:

Played Beat Saber for the first time in a long time yesterday. Really like some of the improvements they’ve made including the ability to customize colours and choose your environment. My favourite though it’s the 90° levels. It adds quite a bit to the game and can be quite challenging. I just wish the they had it on all songs, and had a few more difficultly levels. 

My arm it’s hurting quite a bit this morning too. 

Heh! I bought this on the weekend and man my arms and shoulders are quite sore today - put in another 4 hours today too. This is the first VR game where I truly feel like I've done an aeorbic workout.  Would be awesome if Sony ever allowed custom music - will never happen.

Would love to exercise to this track:

Box VR is on sale at the moment - 50% off so I picked this up. This is a real workout game and you'll definitely work up a sweat. Visually it looks like Beat Saber but you have to put significant mustard on your jabs, hooks, and uppercuts for the contact to score.  Tip - adjust the position of the Move controller light to rest between your first two fingers for better accuracy.

On 5/24/2020 at 3:32 PM, Graeme said:

They added a bunch of new maps this week to the Quest version, and I think those are coming to PSVR as well (but that they're delayed).  A bunch more 90 and 360 degree maps (although I think PSVR only does 90 because wires). 

I've actually been back and forth between Beat Saber and Audica lately.  If you haven't tried it, Audica is worth a look-it's kind of Beat Saber with guns, but with the Harmonix level of polish/mapping quality.  It also uses more of the VR space than Beat saber does-BS has what's basically a highway directly in front of you, while Audica has far more positions that targets can appear in (wider and taller).  Just started trying to beat some levels on Advanced in there, and it's getting much more challenging.  

I’ve looked at Audica. Something about didn’t really appeal to me, but I considered it after reading your comments.

I’m keeping an eye on it for sales. My VR time right now it’s quite limited and I’m still not too sure of it, so $40 if a bit steep for me right now. 

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

London Studio has posted a Q&A about their Blood and Truth upgrades for PS5 which is quite informative. 

https://playstationlondonstudio.com/blood-truth-is-ps5-ready/

Basically the game is running as a PS4 game, but they can run it unlocked at 4K (which gets downsampled for the headset), at 90hz frame rate (upgraded from 60) and more. 

I would prefer if they could somehow do a full native version for PS5, but like I said in the PS5 thread, this is acceptable.