LCVG
JTello

PlayStation 4: The Thread - Part 2 - Slim Releases on September 15th, 2016 for $299.99

Noticed there is also a "spend £50 in March and receive £10 credit in April" deal going on PSN too. You don't have to spend £50 at once, just that amount between now and 31st of March to qualify. It's £45.99 for £50 PSN credit at cdkeys (plus quidco cashback on top of that). 

I noticed they also have a couple of HD movie rentals for .50 cents, including Arrival. Nice price on something I already wanted to watch.

Right, for now I have grabbed Hitman, Rocket League's BTTF car pack, the remaining two Driveclub expansions and Inside. I need to spend another £15 in order to qualify for the free £10 credit in April, so will wait and see what future game of the week deals come throughout March and if there's nothing I will grab Snake Pass pre-order and/or some other stuff in the sale (if I don't grab Snake Pass it's likely that's what my April free credit will go on anyway). 

Heads up for the Canadian contingent here - Best Buy has Deus Ex:Mankind Divided on sale for $20 till March 23rd. Also Killzone Shadow Fall is on clearance for $10.

Sony is ramping up Move production with PSVR attachment being high with the Pro.

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2017-11-09-sony-ramping-up-move-production-for-psvr-push

Sony is increasing the production of its motion-sensitive PlayStation Move controllers ahead of an anticipated deluge of new titles.

Speaking at Develop:VR in London today, Stuart Whyte - Sony London Studio's director of VR product development - said Sony is tracking the number of players who own Move controllers, and hopes to increase this as the PSVR userbase grows.

"Currently, two thirds of the games released so far on PlayStation VR are Move-compatible or require Move," Whyte told attendees. "As we see more Oculus and Vive titles come to PSVR, we're expecting this number to increase. Sony is increasing the Move production capacity to [cater] to this."

"The ratio of PS4 Pro attachment for PSVR is high," he said. "One in five PS4s sold now are Pros, but that ratio [for PSVR] on PlayStation Pro is higher again.

"It's definitely worth supporting the extra power available on Pro when you're developing for PSVR, but it's still also super important to run on a base PS4."

He continued: "We're currently sitting at five games sold per headset, so we're seeing a really strong attach rate from our first year. Many of those games to date are smaller experiences, they're experiences that we as developers [use to] get to know the platform built around one or two mechanics.

"We feel that for VR to get to the next level, we need bigger, built from the ground up VR AAA experiences."

Sony London's answer to this is Blood & Truth, a new VR shooter that is inspired by the London Heist section of last year's launch title PlayStation VR Worlds. The game will be optimised for PlayStation Move, although Whyte said the team hopes to include standard controls as well.

I read an article a little bit ago that had PSVR sales at a pretty good level. The device is seemingly doing well for Sony at the moment. I'd expect more focus on it at PSX this year and moving forward.

Sony ramping up for PSX has released some sales figures. Over 70 million PS4's sold through. This year was the biggest selling period for them EVER having sold through 20.6 million consoles in a 12 month period (the closest was the PS2 which sold 23 million in 1 year 4 months).

They also moved 2 million PSVR headsets thus far.

2018 has some big exclusives coming. No doubt it will be an even bigger year for the PS4 which is on pace to sell more consoles than the PS2 if it has a similar life span. An insane accomplishment given what a monster that console was.

Software sales are no slouch either I might add.

Same time period :

Hardware

Ps2 - 71M Shipped.
Ps4 - 70.6M Sold-Through (73.5M shipped?)

Software

Ps2 - 570M Games shipped
Ps4 - 618M Sold-Through

• Like 1

Anyone with the Platinum headset having issues? My headset randomly loses power or cuts out. I've tried all the reset options I've found online but nothing is working. How hard it is it contact Sony about a replacement?

I'll miss The House. Kodera has been with Sony a very long time though, so he's well integrated into the company. Interestingly his time within SCE has been with the online services of the Store and PS Now.