LCVG
JTello

PlayStation 4: The Thread - Part 2 - Slim Releases on September 15th, 2016 for $299.99

Here's mine:

My top 3 games were Spider-man (46 hours), Yooka-Laylee and the Impossible Lair (29 hours) and Tetris Effect (26 hours).

I played 12 games in all across 122 hours on 75 different days. I earned 148 trophies -- two of them Platinums.

Compared to my stats on Switch, this was a pretty light year for the ol' PS4 Pro.

14 minutes ago, Romier S said:

Curious to see if Microsoft does something similar.

They did last year. I'm surprised they haven't posted anything yet. I'll be curious to see where the Xbox One lands in my overall play time rankings. My guess is second place, but I think it might be neck-in-neck with Switch.

• Like 1

I'm guessing I put another 300-400 hours on the X.  Between 5-6 playthroughs of RE2, Devil May Cry 5, A Plague's Tale, Control, Fallen Order and more.

It's generally a lite year for me on current gen consoles mainly because I spent so much of my gaming time with retro games last year.  Hell, if you look at my list of currently beaten games in 2020 you'll quickly see a pattern developing.:D

There is some funkiness with the way they calculate some of this data. 

For example, it says all of the following are true for me:

1. I played 77 hours of Apex Legends (which is online only)
  2. I played 0 hours online
  3. Top played online game was The Forest with 2 hours played

Also, it says I played 1462 hours in 139 days which is like 10.5 hours a day and definitely not true. I'm pretty sure the "total hours of gameplay" includes the PS4 simply being on.

This was mine: https://www.playstation.com/en-us/campaigns/2019/wrap-up/?PXP=287a2aa1f271faad46baed02ce10533dd90c316dc9eef3ca050f3a57db8e4785

14 minutes ago, Magness said:

Boo! It says it doesn’t work for my region 

I think you have to have a setting in Data Handling turned on. I saw that on reddit and I don’t have that setting on my PS4 at all in the US. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Starhawk said:

I'm pretty sure the "total hours of gameplay" includes the PS4 simply being on.

Def! 'Longest play session' should confirm this.

Anyone here played something via PSNow on PC? I saw this was recently updated with a few newer games but also now supports any controller on PC with xinput support so I’m curious how it is on PC (only used it on the PS4 myself). 

Having just replaced the thermal paste on the Xbox one X and having it actually make quite a bit of difference I did the same for my launch PS4 pro.

While still not a quiet console, the jet engine noise is gone. I used to get ready for launch off just by going to the title screen of God of War.  The paste was not as hard as in the Xbox one X but nevertheless replacing that with artic silver helped quite a bit.

One annoying thing is Sony used security torx screws so I had to buy some bits to dissamble it. The Xbox one X used only regular torx screws.

1 hour ago, AlbertA said:

Having just replaced the thermal paste on the Xbox one X and having it actually make quite a bit of difference I did the same for my launch PS4 pro.

I can only hope your PS4 wasn’t as dirty as some of the ones in this video. 🤢

3 hours ago, JFo said:

I can only hope your PS4 wasn’t as dirty as some of the ones in this video. 🤢

Heh thankfully not. Surprisingly very little dust accumulated on the fan and heat sink. It was really down to the thermal paste.

Managed to pick up two of the back button attachment units today. It’s pretty slick and feels comfy at least on initial impressions. Makes it impossible to use my cradle charger without disconnecting it but I have some alternate solutions in mind. Thumbs up so far. They were $24.96 per at Walmart and I picked up two of them.