LCVG

Movie Merger game anyone?

iainl

In a game I've just seen on The Guardian website, I thought we might want to play this, with or without a game spin rather than movies.

Basically someone describes a plot, and then people have to figure out what the two films merged into one it is.

For instance:

Two servants in an Edwardian country house have an unspoken love -- after all, they're too busy fighting off giant killer plants.

Answer - The Remains of the Day of the Triffids.

Or:

A disc jockey, shattered after inciting one of his listeners to go on a murderous rampage in a restaurant, finds redemption when a homeless man invites him on a quest to find a mythic colossal beast worshipped by the inhabitants of a faraway island.

Answer - The Fisher King Kong.

So, for my first, frankly terrible movie/game attempt:

An African tribe discover, to their cost, Western Civilization after finding a Coke bottle, discarded by a reckless cab driver.

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Gods Must Be Taxi?

Okay, here's mine:

A group of teenagers finds that losing their collective virginity isn't as easy as they thought. But to their own surprise they were selected for a mission to save the world from a nuclear disaster and now they must work together although they hardly like one another. To fullfill their mission they have to enter the Soviet Union via Afghanistan. Hilarity ensues.

-j

Originally posted by iainl@Dec 16 2003, 10:23 AM

I'm getting the second half of Jay's one, but I'm frankly useless at teen films.

Ah, that's my fault, Iain. I incorrectly thought the game includes any mashing together of two titles. So my answer was supposed to be American Pies Like Us. But it doesn't fit the rules of the game. So discard it and I'll try to think of one that fits the rules. Sorry, Dean. My bad.

-j

Okay here's two that follow the rules. I hope.

1. A newborn cygnet searches for a family that will accept him. Just before passing out, a dying man gives him the secret of a hidden payroll.

2. A bandit terrorizes a small Mexican farming village. The village elders send farmers into the United States to search for a wife. They return to the backwoods home with a wife, where she discovers six brothers -- all living in the cabin!

-j

The first was indeed The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly Duckling.

You get partial credit for the second. It was actually The Magnificent Seven Brides for Seven Brothers. "Mexican" farming village and travelling into the US were the clues that the answer includes the remake, not the original.

I italicized the shared word in the title in an effort to make things more clear.

-j

Hah, I was trying to come up with a plot summary for the very same title!

Here's one:

A bounty hunter has 30 minutes to transport an accountant who ripped off the Mob across town before the bounty hunter's friend has to meet up with another mobster and confess to him that he left a bag containing $50,000 of the mobster's money on the subway, where it was picked up by a homeless man.

That one might be a toughie.

Originally posted by PoisonJam@Dec 16 2003, 10:18 AM

Hah, I was trying to come up with a plot summary for the very same title!

Here's one:

A bounty hunter has 30 minutes to transport an accountant who ripped off the Mob across town before the bounty hunter's friend has to meet up with another mobster and confess to him that he left a bag containing $50,000 of the mobster's money on the subway, where it was picked up by a homeless man.

That one might be a toughie.

Midnight Run Lola Run?

A politician, working behind the scenes to take over an entire universe, fails to realize that a young hustler from Watts, CA is trying to leave the universe to escape the death and crime of his existing life. Lots of gunplay, drug use, the terms beotch and ho, and lightning bolts fly in the heated battle between an old looking dude and a young crack dealer.

-Dean-

And a bonus one:

A spoiled rich white kid is presented with a black man as a playmate by his arrogant father, but the black man is soon replaced in the kid's heart by a newer playmate. The new and the old playmate take turns saving each other and they each learn a valuable lesson about friendship.

Too easy, I know. :)

Damn, Kain, you're good bro. 8)

Right-o. Yours has me stumped, though!

How about this? A young man is forced to move away from the inner city to get away from a neighborhood bully who escapes from prison, and he moves into the suburbs to live with his uncle and cousin only to find that a chainsaw-wielding psychopath is stalking their every move.

Originally posted by RingWraith@Dec 16 2003, 10:22 AM

A politician, working behind the scenes to take over an entire universe, fails to realize that a young hustler from Watts, CA is trying to leave the universe to escape the death and crime of his existing life. Lots of gunplay, drug use, the terms beotch and ho, and lightning bolts fly in the heated battle between an old looking dude and a young crack dealer.

-Dean-

The Phantom Menace II Society