LCVG
Sign in to follow this  
Carlucci

2016 TV show discussion

On 8/25/2017 at 6:29 AM, Mark E said:

Anybody else catch the new Ducktales? It was surprisingly good stuff. Definitely a different vibe than the original, some interesting serialized stuff and more Donald for one thing.

I was very not embarrassed to watch it :P

I watched the first half while ironing (I'm very domesticated, like Oggy of Oggy and the Cockroaches) and definitely enjoyed it!

BTW, does anyone remember Oggy and the Cockroaches? Love that show.

Check out "Future Man" on Hulu.  It's hilarious stuff, and has a quirky, Krod Mandoon vibe, but with time travel and herpes.  Great cast, too!

Carlos.

On 11/27/2017 at 2:12 PM, Carlucci said:

Check out "Future Man" on Hulu.  It's hilarious stuff, and has a quirky, Krod Mandoon vibe, but with time travel and herpes.  Great cast, too!

Carlos.

This is a great show... so funny. I just made it to Episode 7 - my wife didn't know why I was laughing so hard... it was all the James Cameron potshots.

Also anybody notice they use Terminator Fonts?

Future Man season 2 was really good, but not as great as Season 1, UNTIL the final few episodes, where it turns into a hilarious time travel mindbender.    

Carlos.

1 hour ago, Carlucci said:

Future Man season 2 was really good, but not as great as Season 1, UNTIL the final few episodes, where it turns into a hilarious time travel mindbender.    

Carlos.

I’ll have to pick it back up. Watched the first few episodes of S2 and got a little bored. 

Two eps into Chernobyl on HBO, it’s the real deal. Absolutely gripping, and even though it’s 30 years removed, absolutely terrifying. 

• Like 3

I guess this is now the 2019 TV discussion thread since we don't have one?

On 5/13/2019 at 10:49 PM, rustyjaw said:

Two eps into Chernobyl on HBO, it’s the real deal. Absolutely gripping, and even though it’s 30 years removed, absolutely terrifying.  

Finished the final episode last night. It's really hard to express my feelings about this show, as it's not like most shows and much of the time it barely qualifies as entertainment. It's almost like we've been offered a portal from which we can watch a genuine cataclysm from the past unfold from a safe distance. And yet that falls short because this is too well crafted to be fairly described as simply a passive portal. It moves around in time, it tells deeply personal stories by focusing on a few individuals, it also conveys larger truths that are very relevant today.

It's also one of those shows I will probably never watch again. one time through this wrenching story was enough.

1 minute ago, rustyjaw said:

It's also one of those shows I will probably never watch again. one time through this wrenching story was enough.

Im with you on this. But i am glad i watched it. Its one of those moments in history, where u want to know about, but hope it never ever happens again.

6 minutes ago, rustyjaw said:

I guess this is now the 2019 TV discussion thread since we don't have one?

There is a 2018 thred. Ill create a 2019 and move things over later.

• Like 1

Chernobyl.  Outstanding.  Crushing, but also subtly inspiring.  It feels like one of the more important things I've watched in a while.  I've basically been running around my office the past few weeks telling everyone to watch it.

20 minutes ago, Tylenol4 said:

Chernobyl.  Outstanding.  Crushing, but also subtly inspiring.  It feels like one of the more important things I've watched in a while.  I've basically been running around my office the past few weeks telling everyone to watch it.

Yeah, I wonder how many people were trying to figure out if there was any reason not to cancel HBO after GoT, saw that in the feed, tried it.  That's what I did.  I wonder if that is 100% why this was successful.  And I also wonder if that was HBO's plan?

Love it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, foogledricks said:

And I also wonder if that was HBO's plan?

Love it.

Yeah, I'm sure the timing relative to the end of GoT was no accident :)  I may have to check out Barry too.  

Carla Gugino stars in Jett, on Cinemax. I like her more than I should be allowed to. She just smolders, I don't what else to say. Do me a favor and watch this show so it can get many seasons.

It's really good so far. She's a ex-thief forced to get back into the game by underworld bosses, and there's a lot of intrigue, sex, and violence. 

Carlos. 

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Carlucci said:

She's a ex-thief forced to get back into the game by underworld bosses, ...

You have no idea.

I used to be a high-end thief and I'm constantly being forced back into the game. I've had, like 3 days off in the last 4 years. Because why? Because I'm always burning my PTO on the "one last big score" some shitheel underworld boss has forced me into. Assholes.

• Haha 4

JETT has moved from merely a titillating Carla Gugino vehicle to a bona fide must-watch show.

It's legitimately a terrific, sexy, violent, suspenseful crime drama, as evidenced by its high rotten tomatoes score. 

If you are not a cinemax subscriber,  get a month and binge watch on demand. You won't regret it. 

Carlos. 

• Like 2