LCVG
Angry the Clown

Nintendo Switch discussion thread (It's out. It's good. Even the chump who started this thread finally bought one. Deal with it.)

7 hours ago, Whooter said:

Of course Breath of the Wild isn't on sale...  grrrr

Nope, I've been thinking about double dipping on this and getting the DLC, but it's never been on sale.  Hell, Mario Odyssey is on sale this week, but not Zelda. 

You could still make a saving on Zelda by buying a couple of eShop vouchers that let you redeem two games for a discount maybe?

I’m going to grab Mario Tennis Aces in the sale. Been waiting for that to get a discount and it’s tennis season so I’m keen to play it having enjoyed the demo. Tempted to grab Kirby as well but really don’t want to eat into the funds I’m putting aside for Pokemon, Luigi’s Mansion and Link’s Awakening. 

8 hours ago, Whooter said:

Of course Breath of the Wild isn't on sale...  grrrr

1 hour ago, ChrisBardon said:

Nope, I've been thinking about double dipping on this and getting the DLC, but it's never been on sale.  Hell, Mario Odyssey is on sale this week, but not Zelda. 

I ended up double dipping on both the game and the DLC at the start of this year. I had a real strong itch to play BotW and couldn’t wait any longer for a sale. 

Thankfully, I had a couple Target gift cards, which I used to buy a digital code, which I then redeemed on the eShop (complicated enough for you?). So I didn’t have to spend my own money on it. 

So far I’ve put over 25 hours into the game according to my Switch. I’ve completed between 35-40 shrines (I can’t remember off the top of my head). I’ve also completed one Ancient Beast. I have a long ways to go, but at least I’ve made some progress. I don’t feel like I’ve wasted my money on the purchase. 

I’ve been treating this as my “Game Between Games” — a palette cleanser, if you will. After beating an intense game like Hollow Knight or Cuphead, it’s nice to have a relaxing title like this waiting in the wings to play for a couple nights. Best of all, it’s an easy game to just pick up and start playing, no matter where you are. It’s not super narrative-focused, so I can remember what I was doing and not feel like I’m completely lost on the plot. I just pick a place on the map I haven’t been to yet and start exploring. Great stuff!

Now that the sequel has been announced, I may have a strong urge to play it more regularly than I have. I’ll be on vacation with my family next week. That might be a good time to sink more hours into it (assuming I have the time or energy for that).

• Like 1

I was going to bitch about how Nintendo fucks us all with their pricing constantly.  I've bought so many games over the years, but someone nearly every Nintendo purchase always feels like I'm being screwed.  Even with Mario Tennis being $40 instead of $60, it just seems like Nintendo operates in their own dimension of pricing.  They're the Lexus of gaming.  I hate and love them at the same time.

I paid $19.99 for NHL 19 and I'm paying double that for a goofy spoofy tennis game.  I'll just bend over as usual because I'll pay anything if there is a slight chance I'll have some fun Daddy-Daughter time from it.

1 hour ago, foogledricks said:

I'll just bend over as usual because I'll pay anything if there is a slight chance I'll have some fun Daddy-Daughter time from it.

The out-of-context possibilities with this statement are gold!  Find your new forum signature! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Angry the Clown said:

I’m going to grab Mario Tennis Aces in the sale. Been waiting for that to get a discount and it’s tennis season so I’m keen to play it having enjoyed the demo.

I played the hell out of this when i picked it up. After finishing ala few others i will go back to playing this... 

For 95% off i picked up NBA just because it was that cheap and a few friends own it and want to play. Other than that i would have never paid full price for that.

Also picked up fifa 19.

• Like 1

Switch version of Slay the Spire is super fun. It’s really a roguelike mashed with a drafting system from a CCG and I am down with it.

16 hours ago, Eldorado said:

Those don’t look like they’d be usable unattached anyhow. Still an improvement. 

It'd be kind of cool if they designed it so that the two pieces fit back together when unattached to form a pro controller (assuming it had wireless functionality)

17 hours ago, Mark E said:

The Lynx is reborn!

It does make the Switch comically wide LOL