LCVG

Nintendo Switch discussion thread (Switch Lite, handheld only for $200 announced and launching 20th Sept 2019)

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I've a Blu-ray player to sell and have also decided to sell my Vita which I am surprised to see still goes for a respectable sum on eBay (particularly boxed OLED models like mine). So whatever I get f

"It's dangerous to go alone. Take this...and this....and this and this. And don't forget your sweater!"   We're coddling children with safe spaces these days 😄

Posted Images

8bitdo just announced an updated wireless arcade stick for Switch/PC for $89.99 (release date - 10/20/2020):

https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2020/08/8bitdo_reveals_its_new_customisable_arcade_stick_for_nintendo_switch_pre-orders_now_live

It has a switch for selecting whether the arcade stick will emulate the left analog, dpad, or right analog sticks so it should work with Super Smash Bros Ultimate and Link's Awakening.

I played all the way through Streets of Rage 4 again using the Mayflash F101 arcade stick and had an even better time that with the pro controller. I had similar experiences with platformers like Goblin Sword and shumps like Gradius. Obviously fighting games feel great on it too. The only game I had a little trouble controlling was Pac-Man in the Namco Museum collection (I occasionally missed turns). I haven't played Pac-Man in forever so maybe it's just something I need to get used to. It's even possible to play Animal Crossing: New Horizons with the F101. The only thing you can't do in-game is press L3/R3 so you can't hide the UI in camera mode.

Switch is getting a new Pocky and Rocky game:

According to Weekly Famitsu, KiKi KaiKai: Kuro Mantle no Nazo (that's a tentative title) is being developed by Tengo Project, a team within Natsume Atari which is formed of staff who worked on the 1992 SNES title KiKi KaiKai: Nazo no Kuro Mantle, including Toshiyasu Miyabe.

Miyabe had this to say about the announcement:

We started work on a sequel with the thought that if we didn’t respond to requests for a remake now, we wouldn’t have the chance in the future considering the staff’s age. While you may think it’s a remake, it’s a completely new title. It’s loaded with new elements.

https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2020/09/were_getting_a_new_pocky_and_rocky_game_on_nintendo_switch

Arguably the biggest game related news this week.

Don’t believe me? Check this out. According to the NPD, during the month of August, only 10 of the top 20 selling games were made my Nintendo. 

Pathetic. They’ll be out of business before you know it.

• Haha 3
  • 2 weeks later...

Super Mario 35 is available to download for NSO members. I was only able to play a few games but it seems really fun to play through levels I'm sure we've all played through a million times before but with dynamic changes based on the 34 other players' actions.

• Like 1

I've been having a lot of fun with Super Mario 35 (I've actually been playing it way more than Super Mario 3D All-Stars). It's amazing how much muscle memory you can build up over 35 years that this game will throw in your face when you're running and jumping and Bowser appears in level 1-1. I hope they keep it on NSO too. Maybe it'll get a last minute reprieve like the jump rope game.

I've gotten one win so far and innumerable self-inflicted deaths via missed jumps.

I’ve been playing a lot of Mario 35 lately. I don’t know how long the appeal will last, but for now it is a great game to just pick up and play when I have a few minutes, but can quickly become a “just one more match” type of thing. 

I’m much better at it than Tetris 99, so that’s part of its appeal too.