LCVG

7's on your side... Buyer Beware!

howiedo1n

Howie,

Thanks for posting this. I've been getting tons od Dirty Disk errors and I called microsoft. When I called last month I got the $100 and I pay shipping. I called today and was told 91.50 and they would pay shipping after talking to the guy for 5 mintues and telling him about the article I politely asked to speak to a supervisor. He came back and offered me 25% off. I said that that was a little better and he then reduced it to $45 with free shipping. I took it. So you saved me about $60. Hopefully when I get it back I will finally be able to finish a race of PGR 2 without the damn thing freezing on me.

Ajay

Thats why i got the 2 year microsoft warrenty for $50 . Just in case something happens i dont have to worry about hearing "$100 for repair"

Also while talking to the manager near gamestop here they take broken x-box's for trade in for the same price as it was working. So you could spend the extra money just to get a new box

capt

No problem Ajay. I am glad it helped. Looks like were in the same boat. I will be without my box for a while also. I am not sure when I will send it though. But when I do send it, I might try and set up a PS2 online night if anyone is into it. That might be harder then getting a deal on xbox service. :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

I just recently had these problems. Luckily most of my games work 90% of the time, but for some reason Rainbow Six 3 wont work at all, and its because of the dirty/damaged disk error thing. They are all scratch free games too. I got the warranty too, and emailed them 2 days ago and told them about my problem, and they havent gotten back to me yet. :?