LCVG

Days Gone - (PS4) New Sony Bend game - Coming to PC Spring 2021!

3 minutes ago, Angry the Clown said:

Had some time to play earlier and I reached the second map region at lunchtime (I cleared all side missions leading up to the point where it tells you that you will not be able to return to a certain camp). 

Mmm. There’s two more map regions after that if memory serves.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A trailer for this played out prior to End Game this weekend and for some reason, it put me in the mood to play this style of game. I went home and watched the Giant Bomb quick look and decided to giv

I bought it on Monday and should be arriving today! Still obsessed with Death Stranding at the moment though.  

Done.   They actually stuck the landing pretty well. The final missions paid off the first two acts nicely, in fact. This is a huge game though and I’ll bet I’ve spent well into the 50-60 ho

Posted Images

I think I may have encountered a game breaking glitch. I'm on the He's Not Big on Tunes mission. I'm at the campus, I've cleared out the hoard, powered up the Nero facility and what I'm looking for the icons tell me are in three of the tents, only when I go into those tents there's nothing to pick up. I've come out of the game and gone back in, same deal. I've gone off and done other missions then come back. No change. This is a yellow story mission so if I can't progress I'm going to be pretty furious.

Closest I found via Google was a Reddit thread where someone said the camera is really fiddly, but I've swung it every which way, watched several YouTube videos to see precisely where the MP3 parts are supposed to be. The items simply aren't being populated by the game for me. I get the yellow icon and distance countdown telling me which tent is the correct one, but there's nothing there once I go inside. 

I have a manual save... from two days (and a lot of hours) ago.

2 hours ago, Angry the Clown said:

Closest I found via Google was a Reddit thread where someone said the camera is really fiddly, but I've swung it every which way, watched several YouTube videos to see precisely where the MP3 parts are supposed to be. The items simply aren't being populated by the game for me. I get the yellow icon and distance countdown telling me which tent is the correct one, but there's nothing there once I go inside. 

I have a manual save... from two days (and a lot of hours) ago.

Any chance your cloud save it older? I think PS4 saves still only upload when you put it in rest mode so maybe there's a chance?

I got a few more trophies at least, and if I load up my manual save from two days ago the in game trophy list still shows that I have them, so in theory my doing a replay should not disrupt further achievements, although with a game breaking bug like the one I encountered nothing will surprise me with this game at this point. 

My thought is to bump the difficulty down to 'easy,' focus only on the yellow story missions and see how quickly I can catch up to where things screwed up. After that, I'm too soured on that glitch to give it any more of my time to go for the platinum. I've half a mind to walk away from it entirely right now to be honest. I don't think I've encountered a game breaking glitch in decades. It's killed any remaining sense of enjoyment. Any want to finish this is driven purely by the need to say "fuck you" to the game just so I can cross it off the list. 

Thanks to Romier for trying to help. Sadly, for whatever reason, my system was not set up to do full backups to the cloud so I didn't have an extended catalogue of saves to draw from. That, as they say, is that. I'd have to start the game from scratch, and with 46hrs clocked, that's not happening. Whatever bug corrupted the manual save from two days ago was really the final straw. 

It's likely something I'll return to in time because it's going to frustrate me not having been able to finish it, but it won't be anytime soon. As I say, it's soured the experience completely. There is some evidence online that it happened to other people as well. Such a bug is unforgivable, particularly that it could happen in a game almost two years old too. 

ron swanson computer GIF

17 minutes ago, Angry the Clown said:

Thanks to Romier for trying to help. Sadly, for whatever reason, my system was not set up to do full backups to the cloud so I didn't have an extended catalogue of saves to draw from. That, as they say, is that. I'd have to start the game from scratch, and with 46hrs clocked, that's not happening. Whatever bug corrupted the manual save from two days ago was really the final straw. 

It's likely something I'll return to in time because it's going to frustrate me not having been able to finish it, but it won't be anytime soon. As I say, it's soured the experience completely. There is some evidence online that it happened to other people as well. Such a bug is unforgivable, particularly that it could happen in a game almost two years old too. 

I saw two reddit threads on it and didnt look to be any solution. I'd assume it would have been patched by now!

1 minute ago, Starhawk said:

I saw two reddit threads on it and didnt look to be any solution. I'd assume it would have been patched by now!

Indeed. It clearly dates back to PS4 as I had initially wondered if this is something the PS5 backwards compatibility had triggered. There's basically three things happening at once at the location. You've got the mission objective which is to collect three MP3 player items from tents set up on the college football field. There's also a horde there that you have to deal with, and there's a Nero location to power up and gain access too. I cleared the horde and the Nero location, but I think the combination of everything happening at once glitched the central mission as even though the distance markers show you which tents to go to, there's no items generated to collect. 

In spite of that I was oddly calm as I knew I had the save from two days ago, which still meant a good 15hrs or so of progress lost, but I figured I could get through it quicker just sticking to the core story missions and dropping it down to easy mode. That save becoming corrupted/overwritten is what broke me in the end. It's just not a game I want to even think about for a long time now. 

2 minutes ago, Starhawk said:

I looks like they've patched other mission related bugs liks

So maybe it's worth to keep the save if they fix it. But that last pre-PS5 patch was months ago..

Is there any way to report this kind of stuff to Sony/Bend? I doubt they'd even notice a message on Twitter. It wouldn't be difficult to make a video of the problem (I streamed it to Romier this evening to show him what happens). 

14 minutes ago, Angry the Clown said:

Is there any way to report this kind of stuff to Sony/Bend? I doubt they'd even notice a message on Twitter. It wouldn't be difficult to make a video of the problem (I streamed it to Romier this evening to show him what happens). 

Wouldn’t hurt to @ them on Twitter with a vid and see if you get a response.

2 hours ago, Angry the Clown said:

I actually looked for this on their site earlier but doesn’t seem to be a way outside of general contact form (which might still work)

• 2 months later...

Coming to PC this Spring! Sony says more PC games are coming, too. I guess Horizon worked out well for them.

https://www.theverge.com/2021/2/23/22297091/days-gone-pc-playstation-games-ports-jim-ryan

Sony is planning to bring more of its PlayStation games to PC. First up will be Days Gone this spring, Sony president and chief executive officer Jim Ryan told British GQ. Developer Bend Studio also confirmed the news via Twitter, adding: “Stay tuned for more details.”

In the past, Sony has shown reluctance to port games to PC, though it notably eased its stance last year when it announced Guerilla Games’ Horizon Zero Dawn would receive a PC port, which launched last August. Asked why the company seems to have changed its tune, Ryan told the publication that there are a few factors at play.

• Romier S changed the title to Days Gone - (PS4) New Sony Bend game - Coming to PC Spring 2021!