LCVG
Sign in to follow this  
Magness

iTunes Movie Sale - Today Only

2 hours ago, Eldorado said:

Can you access iTunes movies on devices other than made by Apple?

If you link your iTunes and various other accounts to Movies Anywhere, you can watch said movies with your other accounts such as Amazon, Google, etc.

• Like 2

But also, there’s now an AppleTV app for the Amazon Fire Stick, latest Samsungs and a few others. 

• Like 1

Yeah Apple TV is popping up on all sorts of devices. Must be why amazon video app also has In store purchases on Apple TV.

Original 10 Star Trek films are on sale for $20 though a select few are available on Amazon Prime.  From the original series, I have only every seen TMP back in the early 80s from a rental VHS and all I remember is being bored to tears.  At $2/film, i was considering giving this series a shot but i keep hearing the only ones worth watching are 2, 3, 4 and 6.  I already own 2 thru 4 so maybe i should just track down 6.  

• Like 1

The even numbered Treks through to First Contact are the best but that’s a good deal. If it includes the director’s cut of Wrath of Khan then buyers should end up with the 4k version.

I prefer the theatrical cut of Undiscovered Country.

Save for the Khan Director’s Cut which had a 4k restoration, the others look quite poor and are in dire need of restoration. So the cheapest you can get them for the better in my opinion.

• Like 2

6 is my favourite. I know most people like Khan, and I do like it too, but there is something about Undiscovered Country that I really like. 

• Like 2

I really like it too. Plummer magnificently chewing scenery aside, I especially fond of Cliff Eidelman's score.

Hopefully Paramount revisit the whole series with new masters. I don't know where things stand with the talk of doing a 4k restoration of the Motion Picture Director's Cut. I'd be keen to own all the Original Series and Next gen cast movies. 

There's actually quite a bit I like about Star Trek V. 😊

It was disappointing to see some studios don’t allow their films on Movie Anywhere. Silence of the Lambs, Kick Ass, and Hunt for Red October did not come over. And their is no appletv app on the tv. I’ll have to be more careful in the future.