LCVG

Sky Captain and the World of Tommorrow

Whooter

Wanted to comment on Sky Captain. Looks.....NEAT! :D

I really like the style and the pure pulp of it all. Hoping it ends up good. Jude Law is a great actor so having him in the credits help, as does Giovanni Ribisi who is always a pleasure to watch. Jolie looks quite fetching with an eye patch ;) though I run hot or cold on Gwyneth. Will definitely be seeing this on release.

Here's some trivia about the writer/director Kerry Conran from imdb.com:

Wrote a CGI program that allows him to shoot an entire movie against blue screens, and fill in the backgrounds with images. Having an already-existing 3-D storyboard of every scene in his computer, all he needs to do is replace the computer-generated figures with live actors, and he has finished his film.

• 8 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I've noticed that boards are usually hating or loving it, but no in between. I'm loving it - the score, the csat and the style that it was shot in. It is nice to have something different in the theatres for a change. That being said - found this cool "making of" clip that I thought I'd share.

http://www.hollywood.com/movies/mm/nav/1/id/2414423

:tu:

Originally posted by JohnEBGood@Sep 9 2004, 03:49 PM

I've noticed that boards are usually hating or loving it, but no in between. I'm loving it - the score, the csat and the style that it was shot in. It is nice to have something different in the theatres for a change. That being said - found this cool "making of" clip that I thought I'd share.

http://www.hollywood.com/movies/mm/nav/1/id/2414423

:tu:

I saw this last night at a sneak preview. While it didn't live up to my "War of the Worlds" expectations, it was an enjoyable and FUN movie.

Better than, say, Tomb Raider, but not as good as Iron Giant, IMO.

Carlos.