LCVG
Sign in to follow this  
Angry the Clown

Red Dead Redemption 2 (late 2017... until it gets delayed *UPDATE: Delayed to October 2018*) [PS4/XB1] - Coming to PC Nov 2019

Holy crap: the install is real!!!! Just opened up the game box, put the data disc in, (not the game disc), and after an hour of sitting here watching it load, I’m now on the game disc, with another 58 minutes showing on the install time. 

Kind of wishing I would’ve bought the digital version, and had it preload. 

Loved John Marston’s story, and the whole world of RDR1. Greatly looking forward to playing this, one day, after it finally loads from disc....

3 hours ago, Angry the Clown said:

Is the download/install for the XB1X version with its native 4k assets even bigger than the PS4 Pro version?

The Pro includes the 4K texture pack as well. The Xbox download is bigger by about 10gb but the disc install is about 88gb which is inline with the PS4 version. I’d imagine the X download is just not compressed in the same way but it has nothing to do with assets as far as anyone can tell.

I’ve only played a few missions, but like GTA V,  as you’re trying to get used to the game, there’s so much going on. You’ll be right in the middle of riding somewhere keeping up with the pack, while tooltips pop up in the far left hand corner that you read while literally one of the characters is talking the entire time.

Then the controls aren’t the easiest to grasp and default doesn’t seem the best choice. Maybe I’d get used to it, but I switched to FPS standard. That still doesn’t change your horse’s speed up command which should be L1 or R1 and not holding down X the whole time.

And when I get to a down spot in a mission, I’m trying to loot all these dead bodies and all I hear is ARTHUR COME ON.

Good game of course, but not without it’s quirks, at least at the beginning for me. 

• Like 1

I hate that shit. Why give me the opportunity to explore and grab items if you’re AI is going to pester me to fucking death to move on? It’s obviously not just relegated to Red Dead but it’s a pet peeve of mine in general. One notification or comment is enough. After that? Shut the fuck up and let me play.

The spam AI chatter is also a peeve of mine in many games.

It should be context sensitive as well, like if you linger within an invisible bubble around a dead body, the AI should make a SINGLE suggestion.

If you are looting it could say something like, 'Arthur, make it quick, we gotta get going', or if you haven't yet looted, 'Arthur, see if he's got anything on him, but make it quick, we gotta run.' 

I keep hearing that once you're past the first chunk of "tutorial" (2hrs in?), it improves in that respect. Is that right or are those prompts continuous throughout?

This is such a weird one for me. I want to run around in that world again, and yet... I could see myself never getting round to buying this and being OK letting it pass me by. When the initial trailer dropped, and right up to earlier this year I assumed this would definitely be one I would feel compelled to pick up sooner rather than later, but even with the terrific reviews I feel nothing drawing me to it. 

Played through the intro chapter and a bit more. I love the atmosphere. 

But, I have not yet got a handle on the controls.  I played Mad Max over the weekend while waiting for this to arrive, and now I keep quickdrawing my pistol instead of running.  People in town don't like that for some reason.  I'll need a few more days to get used to it.

'Red Dead Redemption 2' Racks Up $750 Million in 3 Days

Chris Morris for Fortune:

The makers of Grand Theft Auto have another monster hit on their hands. Red Dead Redemption 2, the latest game from Take-Two Interactive Software’s Rockstar Games, posted worldwide sales of more than $725 million in its first three days.

Only one entertainment property has ever topped that initial three-day total: Grand Theft Auto V, the last game made by Rockstar. (That game made $1 billion in three days.)

I know that it's not a surprise that the game would sell well, but still... holy shit, that's a lot of money.

That’s pretty damn impressive. Yes, it’s a highly anticipated sequel. Yes it’s a major Rockstar game, and yes it is of high quality. 

But it’s not the cultural phenomenon that GTA is. The fact that it did that well and is not GTA or COD or something is amazing. 

That is awesome!  This game has so many golden moments, in loving the clips getting posted.

Saw this one yesterday,...

• Haha 2
  • Epic Post 1

Absolutely loving this game.  It is everything I wanted it to be and more.  My one minor gripe is the poor implementation of HDR.  As many of you are likely aware, they pretty much faked it and the results are pretty poor.  I took a screenshot of SDR vs HDR as a comparison.  After tweaking my TV settings for both SDR and HDR for this game these are what I got.  SDR is so much better.  What is everyone elses opinion on the HDR vs SDR debate regarding RDR2?  Is anyone using HDR and happy with results?  This is the first game I;ve been unhappy with HDR o my LG B6.

rdr2_hdr_vs_sdr

• Like 1

I read a few articles and videos on the faked HDR, basically what I got out of it was don't bother with HDR in RDR2.

• Like 1