LCVG
Sign in to follow this  
Angry the Clown

A vinyl thread (for us old fogies who laugh in the face of common sense).

I didn’t pick up BTTF 3 yet, as that has always been in stock, I will pick it up next free shipping sale.

Even though I have not seen the show yet, I did receive the first Watchmen show release today as everyone has been raving about the soundtrack.

So Newbury got in only 1 copy of everything I wanted , but luckily I got 4 out of the 5. A guy two people in front of me got the only Masters of the Universe 😩

The other record store nearby does not open until later, but there is already a big line, and its freezing out. So thats a no go.

Got lucky on eBay this morning, someone put up a copy of Motu at their cost they paid for it 😀 Talked to them via message, and a friend asked them to pick up a copy, but then backed out. They just wanted someone who really wanted it to get one.

Waxworks announced what titles were coming next year As part of their sub

Henry: Portrait Of A Serial Killer (LP)

Friday The 13th Part VII: The New Blood (2xLP)

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Part II: The Secret Of The Ooze (LP)

Friday The 13th Part VIII: Jason Takes Manhattan (2xLP)

Jacob's Ladder (LP)

TMNT 2 will be mine, their TMNT 1 release last year was awesome.

Only thing of interest there is Jacobs Ladder.

I absolutely love the movie to tears and Maurice Jarre’s score is a big part of why.

• Like 1

Next record store day list is up https://s3.amazonaws.com/recordstoreday/2020/2020_RSD_PUBLIC.pdf

On the soundtrack front, Mortal Kombat should be a crazy one to get like The Crow was last year. Also releases for x-files, army of darkness, lethal weapon, dune, Austin powers films, and a bunch more. Need to look over the list for other stuff .

Weirdly, I was listening to the X-Files release on Wednesday. The interspersed dialogue hasn’t stood up tremendously well, but it’s a good collection of S1 cues. 

I’ll be after the Blanck Mass, Bowie and Suede I think, alongside the His Dark Materials score. I’m expecting the four-disc Glass to be crazy money for music I already have on CD. 

Oh, and depending on price I can’t rule out either the Chemical Brothers’ one release or their remix of La Tristessa Durera from the Manics. Which is a monster (I’ve got that on CD as well, but you want something that big on 12”, right.)

Looking at the prices for some of the vinyls I own - I’m legit considering selling some off. The Fellowship vinyl set consistently sells for $500-650 on EBay. The Witcher 3 vinyl is nearly $200-300.

I like the format and owning them but I don’t get to listen to them as often as I like and my buying has seriously slowed down. Have to think on it....

• Like 1

I've nothing that rich, just stuff like the PopArt box from the Pets, Radiohead's Drill EP, Aphex's SAW II, Mogwai's Central Belters etc that get into the three figure range. Plus things I nicked off my Dad like a 1st pressing Mono Sgt. Pepper, assorted Beefheart etc.

Selling just doesn't seem worth the effort / risk for me, so I just see the negative "Aphex fans are nutters who've driven the prices through the roof for stuff like the On EP that I'd like to replace my CDs with, but not THAT MUCH" side.

The effort is minimal as is the risk, frankly. I’ve sold far more expensive and fragile items on EBay to more finicky collectors. It’s really more whether I really want to part with those items.;)

Fellowship sold for $550. I’ll have the other two up in a little bit even though they aren’t valued as much. Also have the three Dark Souls soundtracks going up which should net about $200. I should be able to clear $1K with just moving these few vinyls.

• Like 1

Amazon is putting a halt on physical media inventory replenishment like Vinyl and Cd for for emergency supplies at least for a few weeks.. Hopefully people but from alternate places, as that is a big chunk of vinyl sales.

Hell yeah!  I’ve been streaming Alan Silvestri Essentials on Apple Music since the end of last week because of Endgame. I’m in. 

I have some of his other vinyl soundtracks: BttF 1-3, The Walk, RP1 and Forrest Gump but I can’t understand why a release of Contact hasn’t been done. Could it be it’s just a 13 track, 44 minute OST?  

Contact is one of my favourite Silvestri scores. A lot of these vinyl releases stem from remastered expanded CD releases, and Contact has yet to receive such a treatment. Hopefully someday. 

I really should grab Roger Rabbit, which is my favourite Silvestri score, while I can (expensive here though).

• Like 1

The record store day that did not happen is now being split into 3 smaller days in aug, sept and oct. and then the regular smaller black friday event is still planed.