LCVG
Sign in to follow this  
Angry the Clown

A vinyl thread (for us old fogies who laugh in the face of common sense).

Not at all, I get excited every time a new purchase arrives. This week my first discog purchases came (Iron Eagle and Bev Hills Cop 2), as well as The Machine soundtrack( which amazon had for dirt cheap, and jumped back upon price after I bought it),The Expanse s1-3 limited release), and I found a copy of Ready Player One at B&N that had just reopened.Tomorrow I am going to clean a lot of records so I can listen the rest of the weekend.

The Mondo Infinity War/Endgame set And Discovery S2 should be shipping next week, and Unbreakable from Waxworks is on the way.

Soundtrack releases I want always happen in waves during the year. End of last year/start of this year was a quiet time, so just saved up my monthly budget for times like these 😀. it also helps that I have always been a bargain shopper and keep an eye on all sorts of deals for everything Non Mondo, which I make sure to order from them ASAP .

And 15 min after that post I got a shipping notice for the IW/EG set from Mondo.🤘🏻🤘🏼

• Like 1

Arrived today, but won’t have time to clean the stack until Thursday. I will have a full weekend of stuff to listen to.

1A5FD4E1-21A6-4646-96E8-7F1027853B4E.jpeg.97755611cd9cefa897ef60f5df5a8f0a.jpeg0FAA596D-831D-43D4-A830-94C686617CC2.jpeg.90b8963714cb1a99eb406711d51229d7.jpeg

I also found a copy of the Return to Oz soundtrack 😆

• Like 2

Well I had to contact Mondo about a replacement for the set. Every lp was slightly warped, and they have a ton of pops and static, even after three cleanings. Never had that with anything from them before.

This past weekend's get-together with Walt revealed his "turntable warming" plan. 30 records(!) one artist for each letter of the alphabet, 2 comps and 2 soundtracks. To keep track, he made this card (which I quickly stained with coffee) so I can check off the letters as they are gifted. Did I mention my BF is awesome?

ttwarming.jpg

And 3 more records followed, which are now checked off the card (O, A, and J):
rekkids2.jpg

The Air is a CD I've had since it was released. That Howard Jones I owned on cassette back in the early 80s, which at some point in the distant past was probably lost, or maybe sold. I love the sticker on the front of it! The Orgone is one of his faves, a modern band doing legit 70s style soul.

• Like 2

That's awesome. More vinyl the better :)

Funny thing about the Avengers LP. Over the weekend I changed the Audio cable from my Orbit to the speaker (so had to move it around), and played a bunch of vinyl no issues. Just now I play the Portals side of one of the End Game LP that had a lot of pops, and now it barely had any. That is very strange, but I am going to try the rest and see if they are the same way.

23 minutes ago, JoeyN said:

That's awesome. More vinyl the better :)

Funny thing about the Avengers LP. Over the weekend I changed the Audio cable from my Orbit to the speaker (so had to move it around), and played a bunch of vinyl no issues. Just now I play the Portals side of one of the End Game LP that had a lot of pops, and now it barely had any. That is very strange, but I am going to try the rest and see if they are the same way.

So after changing the cables, and moving it the audible artifacts went away? Maybe in moving it you made it more level?

Speaking of cleaner, what cleaner (system) do y'all recommend? I was surprised to see that Discwasher is still around and apparently still the best? Anything else I should consider?

Yeah i just moved it  to change the cable. I have a newer turntable (Uturn orbit), but it has been sitting there since I got it playing stuff fine. Its covered when not in use, I keep the stylus clean, and always clean whatever new stuff i buy with my Spin Clean. Never had stuff pop that loud before. Like i said very strange.

Mondo is gonna replace the entire set after seeing the video I sent of the warping, and the bad popping sounds. As soon as I ship it tomorrow, they will send me a new one so it gets here quickly.

• Like 1

Probably gonna be too expensive for me to pick up, but Mondo is releasing Batman TAS V2 8lp set today. And they said they will be doing a repress of vol 1 which came out 5 years ago in the near future. Hope its price similar to the Avengers Set

09A3AC42-1EB2-4190-A505-831FCFF7FCCB.jpeg

Tonight Mondo is streaming a panel about Soundtracks. They and other guest publishers will be making release announcements at 8 EST

I also received my replacement Avengers set yesterday which I am going to try later , and Mission Impossible 2 arrived as well.

From a good company to deal with , to one that is pissing me off. Im having a nightmare dealing with Waxworks over the Unbreakable album they shipped. I noticed quickly that there was an issue with it getting stuck at the NJ USPS depot, as Angel had his copy a week already. I contacted usps and they gave me the run around and closed the ticket, And said to wait longer. I contacted waxworks a week later who said the same thing, but after an back and forth email exchange They contacted usps to open the ticket again. 8 days later I contact them to see if they heard anything, as I have not, and they say “ wait another week“. It’s been almost a month, the package is lost, either reship it or refund my money. I’ll never buy direct from them again.

Mondo is releasing the Mandolorian S1 8xlp

set soon. I was thinking of getting that Batman TAS set, but not now. 

Also Tron Legacy 10 Anniv edition and Silent Hill 3/4 from them.

Ghost of Tsushima from another company, but Mondo will have a release of a special covered vinyl.

The last 2 weekends, the "30 glorious rekkids" turntable warming card has gotten a few more letters crossed off. Last weekend Walt quite surprised me with 3 records for letter C, The Cars:

rekkids3.jpg

And last night, he showed up with this treasure, the S1 Killing Eve soundtrack!

rekkids4.jpg

• Like 3