LCVG

Multiple play-through's?

Carlucci

What's the most number of times you've played through a game?  

1. 1. What's the most number of times you've played through a game?

• 1 Once I've seen the ending, I'm ready to move on.
    • 5 or more

I can't tell you how many times I have played through Legend of Zeldas 1-3. There is something there that keeps bringing me back.

I have also finished the original Fallout many times, taking different approaches each time.

Diablo II has seen me play each and every character class, though I haven't finished it with each.

Also, I am working on Tron 2.0 for the third time. It's fun to optimize different weapon sets each time to get a feel for them. The first time through I almost exclusively used the disc. This last time I am forcing myself to focus on the Ball weapons.

The latest, I believe, will be KotOR. I'm playing through as pure Light-side this round, and will at least play once more as pure Dark-side. I may repeat the cycle with the different character classes, but that will depend on what comes out in the interim.

Other than old-school games (Atari 2600 & the like) 4 is about the max limit I've had with games.

Many games fall into that list,though. Some include:

• The Resident Evil Games
  • The Legend of Zelda Games
  • Halo
  • Goldeneye
  • The Star Wars Rogue Squadron games
  • Pliot Wings & Blast Corps

That's off the top of my head...

I've played through Super Metroid 4-5 times. Best time was 3:45.

Played through Halo 4 times. Working on the fifth now.

Played through Ninja Gaiden 4 times.

Yes, Joel, Contra countless times.

But time isn't really an issue when playing games multiple times. Rather, when I was young, I only got new games for xmas and birthday, so I had to make the best of the games I had. Today I buy new games every couple of months.

I'll play most games more than once, especially if they have a cool ending.

Nowadays I'm not blessed with the time I used to have, but I try and make some for really good titles.

Adventures games almost always get a second run-through for me. Gabriel Knight 1 I have played to completion at least a dozen times, if not more. I've played GK2 about six times, currently working on my 7th thanks to 'net nerds who found a way to get it running in XP.

Full Throttle three times, Grim Fandango twice, Monkey Island 3 twice, Monkey Island 2 four times or so, Monkey Island 1 at least ten. King's Quest 3 five times, etc so forth. I'd be here all night.

On the consoles I've played the Resident Evil titles a bunch of times. Four RE3's, at least six RE2's, technically a dozen since I do Leon & Claire each go. Six RE1's, seven if you count the PSOne. RE0 and RE:CV only a completion apiece, but I'm working on it.

RPGs are harder to do because of the time committment. The only ones that come to mind for multiple go-rounds are Ultima 6 (four times at least) and Planescape: Torment.

Action titles? Half-Life four times or so. I'd like to play through NOLF again, but no time right now. I'm fiddling with Metroid Prime once in a while as well.

Because I'm poor I like to wring the hell out of my games as far as value is concerned ;).