LCVG
Sign in to follow this  
Graeme

Destiny 2

So the game ported over my old Destiny 1 character and the original LCVG clan as well. Neat.

I do want to join an active clan though so Cameron - hook me up or if someone else is out there that's part of a good group feel free to invite me.

Ya. I would't mind joining a clan with some activity too. Now that I'm lvl 20 and done the main storyline, it would be nice to have some people to do Nightfalls with (once I get my gear up a bit). 

The raid launched today. They've also got their Guided Games feature in beta test for it and the Nightfall. Will be interesting to see how that goes. 

Is there a lot of benefit to having things brought over from Destiny 1, then? I suppose it would be handy to have the clan info, but that doesn't take hugely long to recreate and if I'm not doing so it's because I've gone to PC where we need to create all this stuff afresh anyway. 

I assumed we would be creating all new characters, what with the test thing finishing with us losing all our gear. I've got a little affection for my robot lady, but I'm sure the character creation tools wouldn't pose a great issue with recreating her. Is any sort of progress kept?

There's no real benefit, no. The Character Migration is really just the looks and class of your character. The clan is really just for convenience. 

Its just nice that they bothered. 

• Like 1

Xur arrives for the first time this weekend. He appears somewhere in the world (not just in public areas this time) today (Friday) at 2AM Pacific. Legendary Shards are his currency this time.

Thanks. I'm still just about holding out for the PC release, but a stupid part of me keeps looking for excuses to dive in to the PS4 release where so many are having fun.

• Like 1

Hit level 15 last night and called it quits. Just reached planet Nessus on the story timeline.  

I'm digging how big the environments are and the public events are a blast. I'm also having a good time with the Crucible. The more intimate 4 v 4 stuff is much more down my alley.

Not sure how long my interest will last without some kind of clan interaction but as of now, I'm having a good enough time soloing through the story which is much improved. Bungie is downright masterful in getting the feel of the gunplay right.

Been dead tired and busy this week so I haven't even had a chance to start the game since I bought it Wednesday.  I plan to rectify that this weekend.

I'm on a bit of a slog getting my gear upgraded after hitting lvl 20 and finishing the story campaign. 

I say slog, but it's really not that bad, and not the tedious grind that many loot games can be. There is still plenty for me to do. I still have lots of Adventure quests to do, I just started my first blue story quest, public events are always going off, challenges to finish, milestones to reach, treasures to find, lost sectors to discover, high priority targets to kill, and gear to dismantle. 

It it just feels like a bit of slog when you go from a 234 to 235 to 236 piece of gear. Seeing someone with 307 power level already doesn't help much either. 

I really like the more exploratory things to do, like the lost sectors and treasure maps and like how you can get things that will help you find the chests and rep resources throughout the worlds. 

I also think it was really smart to have you keep earning XP after lvl 20 to earn bright engrams. It still gives a reason for XP to be a thing and let us earn the real money items without spending any cash. 

I'm definitely liking the "grind" a lot more in D2, in that it doesn't really feel like it as D1 did at times. There seems to be plenty to do and rewards seem fair.

The real slog is when you hit 260. All blues stop dropping at any higher than 260 and legendaries at 265. After you get above 270 or so, it picks up again. The best way to do bump it up faster is to pick up an exotic from one of the quests.

• Like 1

So Xur shows up as an icon on the map, so it's not hard to find him. I guess they figured everyone just went online to find him anyway, might as well make it a bit more obvious. 

He has an Exotic Fusion Rifle this week, with one piece of exotic armour for each class. Armour is 24 shards, weapon was 27 (I think). All are 265 power with a +5 mod to make it 270. 

More or less, yes. I can't really point to any one thing and say this is the big game changer. The storytelling is probably it, but they were getting very close to this in the last expansions. 

Its Destiny refined and with less bullshit. 

Destiny sans the bullshit is the best descriptor. It's amusing how the real game doesn't start till you hit 20.:)

I did so last night and found my third sub-class weapon. Finally got over 200 PL and feel quite a bit more decked out after collecting all of the reputation rewards I had stacked up to that point.

Oh and Nessus is gorgeous! I hit up Xur while I was there but only had about half be legendary shards needed to buy anything.

The music in Nessus reminds me a lot of the music from Arrival, which I like. 

I gave up on the slog last night. I had read a couple guides saying to wait until you're gear is 260 before turning in any faction rep and turning in quests that give purple gear, so that you have that in reserve to get to 265. It was slow going doing that though and wasn't any fun. You had to rely pretty much only on drops gearing you up, which can take quite awhile. I turned in all my faction rep for Nessus and the weapon vendor and got a crap ton of purples which got me to 255 and got me loaded up with Legendary Shards. 

I bought the chest piece from Xur even though I wasn't quite high enough to get the full 270 power from it (the gear he sells scales to your current power level like drops do). 

On 9/15/2017 at 5:49 AM, iainl said:

Thanks. I'm still just about holding out for the PC release, but a stupid part of me keeps looking for excuses to dive in to the PS4 release where so many are having fun.

Me too!  It's KILLING me!

• Like 1

I'm loving the game.  Some of my co-workers and I play almost every night, I also play early in the morning on my own and do some of the challenges.

I'm kind of at a point with gear progression where I need to do Nightfalls and the Raid to get much else beyond the odd Exotic drop and the weekly activities.

If anyone wants to get a group for Nightfall, let me know.

My Warlock hit 278 last night.  Just keeping all my highest gear on at all times, regardless if I prefer the weapons or not, since Engrams drop at your level right there, not when you see the Cryptarch like before.  I am going up 1 point or so every so often from Reputation in Crucible/Vanguards or doing some Public Events.

I would like to try Trials as well, but finding 4 people to go in with that don't mind getting potentially crushed, has been an issue :)  I just want to try it, I don't expect to win it. 

5 minutes ago, GrumpyElf said:

My Warlock hit 278 last night.  Just keeping all my highest gear on at all times, regardless if I prefer the weapons or not, since Engrams drop at your level right there, not when you see the Cryptarch like before. 

just so you know, i read an interview with one of the D2 developers, and he said that they implemented a change in D2 so that the game always knows your highest possible power level, given the gear that you have in inventory, so you no longer need to actually equip your highest pieces in order to maximize the level of your equipment/engram drops.

that said, i find the RNG to be pretty frustrating (no surprise there, i guess): out of all the 25 or so exotics i've received, i've had exactly one pair of boots, and one set of gloves, which makes those pieces of gear a maddening bottleneck for me, in terms of advancement.

and i'm not a fan of the new method of infusion: only being able to infuse shotguns into shotguns, scouts into scouts, etc., is frustrating.

all of that said, though, i'm enjoying the hell out of the game so far.

I'd like to give Strikes a whirl if anyone is available. You guys are way past me. I'm at about PL 230 so I have a ways to go. Getting near the end of the story though .....

1 hour ago, glaurung said:

just so you know, i read an interview with one of the D2 developers, and he said that they implemented a change in D2 so that the game always knows your highest possible power level, given the gear that you have in inventory, so you no longer need to actually equip your highest pieces in order to maximize the level of your equipment/engram drops.

that said, i find the RNG to be pretty frustrating (no surprise there, i guess): out of all the 25 or so exotics i've received, i've had exactly one pair of boots, and one set of gloves, which makes those pieces of gear a maddening bottleneck for me, in terms of advancement.

and i'm not a fan of the new method of infusion: only being able to infuse shotguns into shotguns, scouts into scouts, etc., is frustrating.

all of that said, though, i'm enjoying the hell out of the game so far.

Excellent, good to know.  Thanks for that!  I have a couple weapons I'd prefer to use that are lower power, now I can do that!