LCVG

Season of the Worthy has started and it seems good so far. I was able to buy the pass in-game for 1k silver (£8) so it was really easy which is good and seems an ok price. The storyline with Rasputin is interesting so far, I’m liking the cinematics and in-game story sequences but, I’m not very far along yet to be fair. Haven’t tried the Trials of Osiris yet but, that’s all the reddit threads seem to be talking about :) What I have done a few times now though is the new public event for the towers and that was pretty fun. Will post more impressions as I play more. 

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

That's racist to me, Robot Monkey.

I'm 100% Warlock, so I focus on intellect, discipline + mobility mostly. Recovery/resilience is largely useless outside of PvsP in my uneducated opinion. I tend to stick to guns I like rather than the

The XP curve is nothing to do with "whales". It's a disconnect between the designers of the progression curve of XP/rewards & the UI team vs real human behaviour. They designed it to diminish cert

So far, I'm having a hard time working up interest 😕 

I love the whole Rasputin / Warmind / Braytech storyline from previous episodes of Destiny and I'm primarily a PvE single player, but I'm just not feeling it. It's exceptionally grindy, its loop so far isn't grabbing me at all. Trials is meaningless for me.

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...

The Next Gen upgrade was released a few days ago. I played it all night on PS5 and it is glorious. The game looks great and seems to be a butter smooth 60fps even with tons of enemies on the screen. The only disappointment is that they aren’t doing anything with the adaptive triggers, which sucks. 

Goddamn though I might be sucked back in. The shooting mechanics in Destiny are some of my favourite in any game and it immediately felt familiar and fun. I haven’t played at all since the launch of D2 when I got tired of the endgame and didn’t feel like putting in the effort to do raids and nightmares.

The game has changed quite a bit since then. Despite having played before, I’m more or less starting from scratch, except with a lot of gear to choose from. I’m playing through what is essentially the starting missions (back on the Comsodrome from Destiny 1) and they have totally redone them. I’m very curious to see this all and if anything is the same.

I bought the 2 old expansions as they’re on sale, and if the game holds my interest through them I guess I’ll get Beyond Light at some point. We’ll see. 

I am utterly clueless how the seasons work, which has been a part of my hesitation for jumping back in. 

If I had known the free content had been redone in this way though, I probably would have tried it out a long time ago. 

Welcome to the cool kids club :) The moment to moment 'feel' of the gameplay in Destiny is sublime IMO. 

The revamp structure + Cosmodrome only just launched with Beyond Light BTW. I'm thoroughly enjoying Europa, there's a TON of interesting content + grind loops on it, and lots of lore. Seasons are additional content, a mix of more rewards on the battlepass/challenge pass and usually a new time limited content / mechanic - this season it's the Crow + Hunts - mod a lure then use it to bring out a boss, follow him to his lair, kill him + a suped up version, get rare rewards. there's a number of story beats around it because of who the Crow is, and there's some new weapons to get as part of it. I pay for them, but some seasons have been hit or miss. Last one was great, the one before (warmind) was awful. 

For me, I tend to play solo most of the time, and do LFG for some high end content, and some coworkers have been doing raids/dungeons together. The dungeons are new small group content that have all been extremely unique and fun - new since you last played, @Graeme, and worth a play. 

The downside to all of this is that it is grindy. You're playing a lot of content over + over for drops or bounties. 

To improve your play, braytech.org + destinyitemmanager.com are worth a look at.

3 minutes ago, kelley said:

Does Destiny have cross system play?

On the roadmap for 2021. It's "cross save" right now so your characters/progress move from platform to platform automatically - I can play on my PC, move up to my xbox, and it seamlessly follows me. Purchases of 'seasons' are cross platform too, but expansions are not (and it's currently part of game pass though on xbox, Windows Store next year some time). 

• 4 weeks later...

All we know is “later in 2021” but at some point the game is coming to Game Pass, which means it’s coming to Windows Store as well as Steam. I’d be really surprised if cross play didn’t come at the same time as nobody wants to be stopped playing between Game Pass and Steam client launchers. Probably when the next major expansion drops in the autumn, then. 

On 12/13/2020 at 7:18 AM, dogbert said:

Welcome to the cool kids club :) The moment to moment 'feel' of the gameplay in Destiny is sublime IMO. 

The revamp structure + Cosmodrome only just launched with Beyond Light BTW.

I got my kid going on this and I was shocked by the intro change. He didn't get very far, does it ever tie back into the Destiny 2 base game main plot line?

1 hour ago, kelley said:

I got my kid going on this and I was shocked by the intro change. He didn't get very far, does it ever tie back into the Destiny 2 base game main plot line?

Honestly, there is no "base game main plot line". There are mentions of it in existing content, like the Forsaken jailbreak strike on the reef that talks about the cabal taking over the tower + traveller, but that's about it. That content / plot is gone.

6 hours ago, iainl said:

All we know is “later in 2021” but at some point the game is coming to Game Pass, which means it’s coming to Windows Store as well as Steam. I’d be really surprised if cross play didn’t come at the same time as nobody wants to be stopped playing between Game Pass and Steam client launchers. Probably when the next major expansion drops in the autumn, then. 

That's pretty much what I'd expect too with cross platform play, though they already have two independent PC silos between Stadia + Steam, and I'm not sure they'll wait until the Autumn. 

11 hours ago, dogbert said:

Honestly, there is no "base game main plot line". There are mentions of it in existing content, like the Forsaken jailbreak strike on the reef that talks about the cabal taking over the tower + traveller, but that's about it. That content / plot is gone.

Wow. I enjoyed the Destiny 2 story for what it was. I’m going to start a new character when I get my Xbox to play with the kid. He’s already got about 11 hours in on me. 

I’ve still been playing quite a bit and enjoying it. 

It has been a bit of a frustrating experience trying to figure out where to go, what to do next, and how things work. 

I’ve been trying to play through the main Quest storylines as best as I can. It took me awhile to figure out that so much content was simply removed from the game (The Destiny 2 base quests, both of the minor expansions before Forsaken), the New Light quests hit a point where you have to do Strikes, Gambits, and Crucible and I can’t tell if there are more story quests afterwards or not. 

The issue is that so much has changed with the release of Beyond Light, that it is hard to find solid information on any of this since so many guides and videos are now out of date. 

I’m currently playing through the Forsaken quests, and have already hit the soft cap power level, which is also a bit annoying. While I am primarily playing through the content to see and experience the quests and story, it is also nice to get new items which progress your character. I now know I have the rest of Forsaken, and all of Shadowkeep and Beyond Light to play through without much reward for doing so. 

And when that is all done, I’m still worried about the endgame not appealing to me. There are some weird design choices in Destiny that I just don’t understand. Vendors seem completely pointless in this game since they really only sell base level 1050 gear. I miss them selling higher level gear so you can look at what they sell and say “I want to work towards this gear” and once you get whatever currency is needed, you can purchase it. This gives you something finite to work towards instead of just hoping you randomly get what you want. 

Despite all this, the gameplay is still great, and there is enough RPG elements that do work, that I’ll keep playing for a bit. 

The LCVG clan on PlayStation is making some progress.... but it’s slow :)  

I’m still, playing and enjoying it too but agree that it’s a little hard to track all the story missions and what to do next. There are definitely more story missions if you’re doing the Forsaken quests and the BL stuff provides a way to work towards targeted gear which is cool. I’m sure others here can offer more information than me but, I’m still grabbing new gear even after hitting the cap post-Beyond Light. And as far as the vendors, the more you turn in to them, the more you level up their gear so it will continually get better as you turn in (ie: 1050 gear today, 1060 after the next 8 turn-ins, etc, etc). 

I do miss vendor purchases already being levelled, but I think they did it because you used to be able to hand your high-level guns to a base-level second/third character, then just buy cheap vendor clothes to rapidly raise these new people up to where you were. 

Still, you can buy new equipment at 1050 that you want, then infuse high-level blue junk into it.

20 minutes ago, iainl said:

I do miss vendor purchases already being levelled, but I think they did it because you used to be able to hand your high-level guns to a base-level second/third character, then just buy cheap vendor clothes to rapidly raise these new people up to where you were. 

Still, you can buy new equipment at 1050 that you want, then infuse high-level blue junk into it.

Yep, the vendors are all about getting random re-rolls until you find something you like. I'm sitting at 9k tokens for Banshee right now... 

It’s so much easier when I don’t care about min-maxing stuff. Light is good, getting good stats in the numbers I care about (usually recovery, melee, grenades, though I can’t quite be bothered to run special gear for when I change subclass despite the new ice grenades for Hunters being RUBBISH) then on the gun front as much as light is good and I infuse a lot I’d much rather have a gun I like than one with a bigger number.  

6 hours ago, iainl said:

It’s so much easier when I don’t care about min-maxing stuff. Light is good, getting good stats in the numbers I care about (usually recovery, melee, grenades, though I can’t quite be bothered to run special gear for when I change subclass despite the new ice grenades for Hunters being RUBBISH) then on the gun front as much as light is good and I infuse a lot I’d much rather have a gun I like than one with a bigger number.  

I'm 100% Warlock, so I focus on intellect, discipline + mobility mostly. Recovery/resilience is largely useless outside of PvsP in my uneducated opinion. I tend to stick to guns I like rather than the latest with the highest number. Once you're close to cap, it's even easier to ignore the light level - a difference of +1 or +2 is not noticable. Totally agree on not min-maxing. 

On weapon rolls, I honestly tend not to care - I'm not a high level pvp player or raider, so a minor boost to reload time or stability isn't something I notice. 

For me mods on armour are where it gets complicated. There's setups that do give you a nice tweak to how you play - the Warmind Cell stuff for example, and can get some nice buffs through Charged With Light. Finish buffs I ignore completely... I want to keep my super energy as a Warlock Void Bomber. 

Play with a bunch of weapons. Find weapons you like that aren't going to be season'ed. I love Witherhoard + Gnawing Hunger (even if it's "nerfed" slightly now), and adore my Outrageous Fortune grenade launcher that'll never be in favour, but is an extremely rapid firing beast against bosses. 

As a Hunter I'm not hugely fussed about Supers - they're a nice to have at times, but I find saving them up frustrating and often not worth the effort when you can only use them every few minutes. So I'm more into putting the points on melee and grenades, even to the point of using those "use a bit of your Super to recharge melee" Finisher buffs.

Since the Series X arrived though, Child and I have been running a lot of stuff in co-op; they run a Hunter and like you use Supers more.