LCVG
Sign in to follow this  
Romier S

Netflix Castlevania Animated Series - Teaser (streaming on July 7th, 2017)

This is up. 

I watched the first episode and its GOOOD. Gory as hell, too. It's basically an animated version of the Castlevania 3 story.

The first season is only 4 30 minute episodes though so its pretty short. 

Season 2 has already been set and is going to be 8 episodes.

"Please...this isn't a bar fight. Have some class."

God a good laugh out of that line. I loved it and I want more. Too damned short is my review.:)

I really hope they introduce Grant in S2. You can't have Castlevania 3 and not have Grant the thief.

Yeah that was really short, but I enjoyed it. Each episode was pretty much an intro to a new character.

Grant could also throw knives.  I quite enjoyed this, probably thanks to Warren Ellis.  Pulls pretty strongly from Dracula's Curse and Symphony...tough to go wrong there.  I was even able to interest my 13 year old, who asked me a billion questions.  A solid hour and a half.  I would have liked more variety in the monsters, but there is always S2.

That was better than we could have reasonably expected, so I'm pretty happy something Castlevania came out and was well received.

I finished up rewatching S1 and have moved into S2.

Huge props to the showrunners for integrating Hector and Isaac from Curse of Darkness into the story (the game was set after C3). They sort of transplanted Hector’s story to Dracula in S1 so it’ll be interesting to see what they do with him here. I marked out a bit when he walked through the crowd of Dracula’s army. For those who have no clue who I’m taking about, this is Hector:

61CEDEDE0CL._SY445_.jpg

Oh and Peter Stormare as Godbrand (an insane Vampire Viking).....:banderas:

Finished S2, and thoroughly enjoyed it.  Yes, episode 7 was fan service, but it was rad fan service.  Loved seeing some of the inclusions in the Belmont family vault.  For the most part, it really captures the essence of the games (which aren’t exactly narratively complex - but they are crisp and direct).  I’ll be interested to see where they go from here.

This pretty fantastic. To the left is Ayami Kojima’s original artwork for Lament of Innocence on PS2. To the right is the painting of Leon Belmont in Season 2 that hangs in the Belmont armory....

img-20181029-wa0002jpdkl.jpg 

The attention to accuracy is just fantastic.