LCVG
Sign in to follow this  
Angry the Clown

Xbox One X - Available November 7th 2017 - $499.99

September update is rolling out today. 

http://majornelson.com/2014/08/28/starting-today-new-media-player-app-new-smartglass-features-included-xbox-one-update/?linkId=9427515

Today, we will begin rolling out new features and updates to Xbox One for fans all over the world. These updates include new ways to bring your personal media to your Xbox, updates to the party system, more ways to interact with your Xbox, and new social features for Xbox SmartGlass. We highlighted some of these new features earlier this month at gamescom, and based on continuous fan feedback, we’re pleased to announce the list of the features rolling out to Xbox One systems over the next few days:

A new Media Player app: Play media files from an attached USB device or a network connected home media server with the new media player app – DNLA support coming soon. Xbox One will support more formats than Xbox 360, including support for dozens of new file formats like Mpeg 2 TS, animated gifs and MKV, which will be added by the end of the year.

Party on in the new and improved Party App: Be the leader of your party with the new party leader setting. As the party leader, you can change whether the party requires invitations and you can remove others from the party. The updated app also lets you see what activities everyone in your party is doing and who is playing in the same game with you in addition to being able to quickly perform common actions like muting, joining, or sending game invites.

New features for SmartGlass: You can now post status messages from the Activity Feed and comments, or share items from both your Activity Feed and Game Clips. Along with the new comment and share features, a personalized Activity Feed has been added to your profile and messages have been updated to a new layout supporting a full conversation view. Additionally, we are adding the ability to record game clips directly from the Now Playing bar. Finally, for users who upgrade the app directly, we have introduced a What’s New page highlighting the features of each release.

“Xbox On” capabilities in Australia, Canada (French), Italy, Spain, and Mexico: New regions will have the ability to use the “Xbox On” Kinect voice command to power on their consoles when they’re in connected standby (Instant On) mode.

Boot to TV: Now Xbox One owners will be able to set their console to boot directly to television when coming out of connected standby.

Bandwidth Usage Display: Bandwidth Usage will show users how much bandwidth their Xbox One is consuming over a period of time, a useful tool for those who want to track against bandwidth caps set by ISPs in certain markets.

GameDVR deletes: Users will be able to choose multiple GameDVR clips to delete at once in the Upload app.

Save your Avatar Gamerpic: A new option to save Avatar Gamerpics to users’ OneDrive.

Please continue to share your feedback on our dedicated Xbox Feedback site and you might see your suggestions become a reality in future system updates. Look out for new features lighting up consoles in our preview program in the coming weeks.

The media player is a preview and feels like it.  Played an mp4 off a USB flash drive.  Played fine, but no snap and switching back to it I lost my place in the video.

LOL. I hope he's being facetious though it wouldn't surprise me if he didn't notice the Forza 5 cutout people. In actual news:

http://news.yahoo.com/japan-launch-microsoft-xbox-one-damp-squib-051520478--finance.html

Tokyo (AFP) - The Japanese launch of Microsoft's Xbox One fell flat on Thursday, with journalists covering the debut far outnumbering buyers.

Japan finally got the console more than nine months after it hit shelves in North America, Europe and Australasia and half a year after domestic heavyweight Sony unleashed its PlayStation 4 to grand acclaim.

But the usual enthusiastic crowds that greet big launches in Japan were absent on Thursday morning, with just one buyer at a major electronic retailer in Tokyo.

"I was surprised that I was the first one to get this even though I didn't wait in a queue," said Kazuyuki Wakai, surrounded by half a dozen journalists from Japanese and international media.

Wakai, 30, said he had opted for the Xbox because of its graphics and because of certain titles that are only available on the console, including the "Halo" series.

But Wakai, who also has a number of PlayStations and a Nintendo Wii, admitted the Xbox lags far behind its Japanese rivals in terms of popularity.

"It may be because the bad impression of earlier models still lingers," he said, noting hardware designs and initial technical glitches.

Both Xbox One and PlayStation 4 are aimed at hard-core gamers, strategies the companies hope will insulate them from the challenge posed by free or cheap smartphone downloads popular among the casual player.

Microsoft says application software development and linguistic challenges are among the reasons behind the long lag in launching the Xbox One in Japan

The company said in April it had shipped more than five million of the consoles globally since it launched in November.

Sony said last month global sales of PlayStation 4 had surged past the 10 million mark in less than a year, a record for the Japanese giant.

Xbox has been trailing badly in Japan. Japanese sales of Sony's PlayStation 3 were 824,000 units in 2013, dwarfing the fewer than 20,000 Xbox 360 consoles, the predecessor to Xbox One, according to estimates by leading game magazine Famitsu.

A Microsoft marketing official told AFP the company expects sales will pick up as more titles are released towards the end of the year.

"We have high expectations as this (machine) is loaded with graphics that will surely satisfy game players," he said.

b644365ca4515131950ec65cfa038199a142bfa8

If you are interested in a One, you can buy an Xbox One at Best Buy and choose any retail game free (preorders don't apply). This counts with bundle systems, too so you can get two games right at the point of sale:

940x520-banner_v5.jpg?h=520&w=940

If you haven’t yet made the jump to the new generation of gaming, then head to your favorite retailer next week and pick up an Xbox One. For one week only – from September 7 through September 13 – when you buy an Xbox One from participating retailers in the U.S., you’ll get a free Xbox One game of your choice.

And the sky’s the limit: Whether you want to lock-and-load with your friends in Destiny or Titanfall, face the legions of hell in Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Edition, hack the planet in Watch Dogs, or hit the sports arena of your choice in Madden NFL 15 or NHL 15, the choice is yours. The offer is valid for any retail Xbox One game, and the offer is good for our Xbox One system bundles, too – so if you want to pick up the Xbox One Madden NFL 15 Bundle or Forza Motorsport 5 Bundle, you’re getting another free game of your choice priced at $59.99 or lower on top of it!

So, what are you waiting for? Check out all of the amazing games that could be yours on Xbox One, and pick up a system and your choice of free game before this amazing offer ends on September 13!

*Offer valid September 7-September 13, 2014 at participating retailers with purchase of Xbox One, Xbox One with Kinect, Xbox One Madden NFL 15 bundle, or Xbox One Forza Motorsport 5 bundle. Free game must be a new, disc-based game for Xbox One, maximum retail value $59.99. Not valid for pre-order games. Limit one free game per eligible Xbox One purchase. Cannot be combined with other offers. Refurbished consoles or used games not included. See your local retailer for details.

http://news.xbox.com/2014/09/xbox-september-promotion?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

I guess that's their answer for the PS4 Destiny Bundle.

"I was surprised that I was the first one to get this even though I didn't wait in a queue," said Kazuyuki Wakai, surrounded by half a dozen journalists from Japanese and international media.

He was the only one. 

• Like 1

I highly doubt my wife will let me do this, but if there was ever a time to get an Xbox One now would seem to be the time.  The Best Buy near me appears to have the Madden bundle in stock and then I could get a free game (Destiny or Diablo???).  I would be willing to trade in my PS3 for $120 as it is solely used for blu-ray viewing which the Bone would take over.  A new console and two games for $280, and I could even try trading in some 360 games to knock that down even more...  Argh, even bringing it up could get me in trouble (we're spending over $300 on a brake job, though at one point we thought that was going to be over $800).

I highly doubt my wife will let me do this, but if there was ever a time to get an Xbox One now would seem to be the time.  The Best Buy near me appears to have the Madden bundle in stock and then I could get a free game (Destiny or Diablo???).  I would be willing to trade in my PS3 for $120 as it is solely used for blu-ray viewing which the Bone would take over.  A new console and two games for $280, and I could even try trading in some 360 games to knock that down even more...  Argh, even bringing it up could get me in trouble (we're spending over $300 on a brake job, though at one point we thought that was going to be over $800).

post-25179-you-can-do-it-gif-serious-rob