LCVG
Sign in to follow this  
Angry the Clown

Xbox One X - Available November 7th 2017 - $499.99

Looks like I'll be getting a Forza bundle for my birthday at the beginning of October. Not sure what else I'll be getting just yet but hopefully I'll be able to join you guys in some games. Any advice prior to setup?

Just remember you can get this month's Games with Gold via Xbox.com if you haven't already, so you'll have some extra stuff to play out of the gate.  Crimson Dragon is...well...Crimson Dragon, but Super Time Force is pretty good.

It did not happen.  Still, I wonder if I should go ahead and trade in my PS3 before it goes down more in value.  I could move the blu-ray player from the back tv to the main one so we could still watch movies.  With Christmas and my birthday in February, I bet I could get it around then.

As much as Destiny intrigues me, I think if I was to go with a game that is out now it would be Diablo 3.  I'd also have to consider getting FIFA 15.  I would not be able to trade in Madden if I got a bundle, right?  I believe that is a download version, not a disc version.

Xbox One came today and I got the green light to open and use it. Easy to setup. Didn't hook up the Kinect yet. Started the Forza 5 download/install. Seems to be taking forever. It is at 8% and has been going for 30 minutes already. I've also got some demos queued for downloading along with the Games for Gold stuff. Will this thing download and install while in standby mode?

The X Box One has now received its THIRD official price drop in less than a year here in the UK, dropping to £329.99 (the white Sunset Overdrive bundle is also up for this price). 

There's a Comedy Central app now that has a lot of full episodes of shows like South Park, the Daily Show, and the Colbert Report.  Snappable too.

So given that the new SKUs are all missing the kinect, does that make the original bundle kind of like the NES that came with ROB? 

Yeah, except ROB actually had more game functionality.

• Like 1

I installed FIFA 15 tonight via digital download and it took at least 5 hours.  It may have been longer as I finally gave up and went to bed.  The actual download time was like 20 minutes - the Xbox queue labeled it as "installing" for the remainder of the 5 hours.

Serious question here...

Has Microsoft given any explanation for these horribly long installation times?  Why does it take so long and is there any plan to fix it?  

I understand that I could play the game when it read 35% complete.  However, "play" at 35% complete means a very limited version of the game (few options, limited modes, etc.).  This essentially means I don't get the full gameplay experience for pretty much the first day of ownership.  I simply don't understand this at all.  I was willing to give Microsoft a pass last year, when the system was new, but at this point this needs to be fixed.

Is it a system resource thing?  Is it because the system is allocating major resources to other tasks (background apps, TV, Kinect) so it can't divote any more power to something as petty as an installation?  If so, why can't I have an option to divert 100% CPU and hard drive resources to my game installation for the 10 minutes it should really take?

No idea Camp. All I know is the PS4 is much faster at downloading games than the Xbone. Its amazing how many things have done a 180 this gen. I was considering the Digital version of Horizon 2, but decided to just get the disc version. Even though I believe there is now a pre-load option for the game, I don't trust it.

-Dean-

I should note that I only went digital because I got FIFA free.  I would always choose physical vs. digital simply because the physical version has monetary value when I'm done playing.  Digital has the potential to be convenient but I like getting value for my physical copies later.  

That's changing, however.  Digital will be a tradeable commodity in the near future.

That's changing, however.  Digital will be a tradeable commodity in the near future.

Good to hear! I go digital only just for the convenience of not having to swap discs. On paper, that sounds like such a minor annoyance, but I liken it to a stack of CDs vs an iPod full of songs ready to go at a moments notice. The biggest downside of this method is the games are not tradeable.

I should note that I only went digital because I got FIFA free.  I would always choose physical vs. digital simply because the physical version has monetary value when I'm done playing.  Digital has the potential to be convenient but I like getting value for my physical copies later.  

Bought Madden 25 digitally for the convenience... But then there were all sorts of trade-in deals for the disc in stores when Madden 15 was coming out.  Bought the disc for Madden 15.

Installing my download of Forza 5 took forever too. I also just went to bed because it was taking forever. I hope there are plans to make it quicker.

That guy does nothing but review wheels and race games. I'd take his word over random people at Amazon. He likes it, although it is expensive.