LCVG
Sign in to follow this  
Angry the Clown

Xbox One X - Available November 7th 2017 - $499.99

I’m pretty sure most third party games I will now pick up on the X. I love my PS Pro, but there is a noticeable difference in these games, there is just a level of clarity that the Pro can’t achieve. Games like AC:O, Far Cry 5 and COD are just stunning. 

I got FC5 for my X. It’s gorgeous, and the review I watched on Digital Foundry, showed that it’s definitely full 4K, and never dips below 30fps. Originally thought about getting it for the Pro but, glad I didn’t. 

Looks like we'll be getting announcements on the next batch of OG Xbox titles on X on April 10th, the next episode of the Xbox show that Hyrb is running.

Bring it on. Specifically:

panzer_dragoon_orta.jpg

silent-hill.png  

Both in 4k? Do me this solid, Microsoft and I will be your ever faithful servant from here on out. 

man%2520praying.jpg

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, JFo said:

No love for Kabuki Warriors here????

I genuinely have zero recollections of that. I thought you were meaning Kasumi Ninja on the Jaguar at first (seriously!). Wow. 

So, no. No love. 

Hope there's a good bunch of games in this round of OG Xbox titles. There's a lot of good games locked away on that system. BTW do they work with the original disks (like 360 BC does), or do you have to repurchase them? I should know this.

It works similar to 360 games. You put in a disk and it downloads the digital game and you need the disc to authenticate to play. 

• Like 1

PDO? Hell and yes.

Re-bought Fusion Frenzy from the MIcrosoft Store because apparently I now have an aversion to physical media.  Ninja Gaiden Black, too.  Orta will make 3 OG titles installed on my system and the one I have been longing for since day one and that was before "Enhanced for Xbox One X" was even a thing (fingers crossed). This news is yuge.

34 minutes ago, Paul said:

No love for Otogi?

Not from me, but I'm sure Romier is with you on that.

2 hours ago, Paul said:

No love for Otogi?

Absolutely. It's sequel as well. Priorities though. Panzer and Silent Hill are 1 and 2 on my list. I'll worry about other games after those two are available.:)

I actually had to go back to my list of Xbox Prime games, and there's not much that isn't available elsewhere.  Burnout 3 would be good, as would ways to play Tony Hawk 3 and 4, but those last two are probably tricky for licensing.  Even with burnout, I'd rather have Revenge than 3, since I thought it was a better game. 

Other stuff...I have PC or newer console versions of a bunch of stuff (like Beyond Good & Evil), and the Prince of Persia trilogy.  I have a feeling that Splinter Cell would age poorly, and even the KOTOR games have better Steam versions that I still haven't gotten to (I still want to play the "lost" KOTOR2 content someday). 

I think these are the only other games that I still own that aren't playable anywhere else:

Blinx the Time Sweeper (great idea, not a great game)

Jade Empire (which I think came out on Steam)

Ninja Gaiden (other versions available, but not PC or other gen Xbox that I know of)

Oddworld Munch's Oddysee (I liked it at the time, but not sure if it holds up. Also on steam apparently)

Star Wars: Obi-Wan (probably best left forgotten...but started life as a Jedi Knight sequel)

X-Men Legends (not bad, but Ultimate Alliance was better)

I would like to see those older splinter cell games get updates. Or just release a new one already. It has been 5 years.

The orginal KOTOR and Prince of Persia The Sands of Time were part of the initial X enhanced batch of games, Chris. FYI since you mentioned them. You can play them today with pretty fantastic visuals given their age.

As is Ninja Gaiden Black which looks amazing on the X. This was the original selection of games:

Black

BloodRayne 2

Crimson Skies: High Road to Revenge

Dead to Rights

Ninja Gaiden Black

Fuzion Frenzy

Grabbed by the Ghoulies

The King of Fighters Neowave

Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time

Psychonauts

Red Faction 2

Sid Meier’s Pirates!

Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic

Fun tidbit on X-men Legends, I believe the original Xbox release supported 720p out of the box.

• Like 1

I ditched nearly all mine when I traded them in along with the console for a 360. I kept Quantum Redshift and OutRun 2, but I’m not expecting either to get suppprted any time soon. 

While we're on the subject, I would greatly appreciate it if they could add Metal Arms: Glitch in the System to the list.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, iainl said:

I ditched nearly all mine when I traded them in along with the console for a 360. I kept Quantum Redshift and OutRun 2, but I’m not expecting either to get suppprted any time soon. 

I've thankfully always made an effort to keep all of my games and consoles. There have been some exceptions but given my current retro gaming kick, I'm glad that I tend to hoard things more often than not. Even if it is a pain to store/move.

• Like 2

I’d pick up Rallysport challenge, Midtown Madness, Burnout 3/takedown or any of the other racing games we used to play. I doubt the first two will ever happen, hopeful on one of the burnouts.

Midtown Madness 3 was great, though we’ve kind of got the logical extension of it with the Forza Horizon series at least. 

Haven’t really used my xbox one x at all since purchasing.  While waiting for Doom to install, decided to check the settings.

Under Video Fidelity (Color Depth), do I choose 24 (8-bit), 30 (10-bit) or 36 (12-bit) bits per pixel for use with my LG C7P?