LCVG

Xbox One X - Available November 7th 2017 - $499.99

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Holy Fucking Shit! Look at this message I just got on Twitter from the official Xbox account:     I guess I made the right move by not buying Star Wars: Jedi Fallen Order yet, huh

This is fantastic to see:       PC compatible too of course.  

Well Amazon delivered a day early and my X is sitting boxed in its X box box in the corner. I wasn’t prepared for this at all as I’m trying to press on with God of War. I’ll make some time later to ge

Posted Images

9 hours ago, Graeme said:

I could be wrong, but it looks like you can use your account balance from cards to buy 360 games through Xbox.com, but it requires you to have a payment method on file (even if you’ll never use it) to purchase anything, even the free Games with Gold games. 

Can only use points on an actual xbox 360 AFAIK. It might look like it'll let you, but when it transfers you to the "popup" original store, it'll be charging your payment on file. 

When they overhauled the system for the xbox one, they chose not to go back & move the 360 ecosystem over, causing all these shenanigans. 

I need advice on surround sound headphones for the Xbox one. My buddy is bringing me out of retirement to play some battle Royale on PUBG and COD, and I'm very excited. 

He doesn't have any surround sound, so he'll need decent headphones for that.  What are the cool kids using these days?

Carlos. 

No worries. I grabbed one myself this evening to add on to the month I believe I get in the box (I also get a month of EA Access in that Battlefield bundle).

Unsure on Live Gold as no amazing deals surfaced for 12 months so I think a couple of 3 month ones at £7.49 from CDkeys will see me through long enough to decide whether Gold is worth it for me.

Alternatively, I’m currently seeing the £1 month offer on the dash and I took my free fortnight in September. This looks to work any time you’re not in Gold already, so if it doesn’t like your code after you’ve got the £1 month, stop it auto-renewing and then use your box code after it finishes. 

Unboxed and set up. I half expected Xbox to ask where the hell I’ve been after more than half a decade. My X has a silvery grey finish to it which is nice. It’s that a Battlefield bundle variant or are they all like that? 

The UI is er... Mmm.

Got Horizon 4 downloading. Seems just by value of having auto renew switched on with my 30 days of Gamepass trial I get another month free as my billing shows 24th of Jan. I don’t know what might happen if inredeem the 12 month code I bought, whether it will strike out that Dec freebie or not.

It’s offering me Gold for £1 for a month too so I might as well trigger that before I redeem the 6 months I plan to buy.

And now... I should try and finish God of War’s story and leave the XB for tomorrow as planned. I’ll add a chunk of the games I want tonight.

17 minutes ago, Angry the Clown said:

Got Horizon 4 downloading. Seems just by valuenof having auto renew switched on with my 30 days of Gamepass trial I get another month free as my billing shows 24th of Jan. I don’t know what might happen if inredeem the 12 month code I bought, whether it will strike out that Dec freebie or not.

It stacks (or at least it did in my case.)

Six teraflops at my disposal and I go and fire up Sensible Soccer on backwards compatibility. :) 

I finished God of War’s story and have some bits left I still want to do but, clunkly and slow UI aside I am excited about the X from what I’ve sampled so far. I’m going to have it download a load of stuff and give it some proper attention tomorrow.

2 hours ago, Angry the Clown said:

Six teraflops at my disposal and I go and fire up Sensible Soccer on backwards compatibility. :) 

I finished God of War’s story and have some bits left I still want to do but, clunkly and slow UI aside I am excited about the X from what I’ve sampled so far. I’m going to have it download a load of stuff and give it some proper attention tomorrow.

I'm so jealous of you right now.  I need an X so bad.  I think I'm getting one for Christmas, though, so hopefully I won't have to enjoy vicariously for much longer.  :)

I have to say from an engineering standpoint it seems quite brilliant. The first XB One was such a ridiculous looking thing, but the S and the X I love though, more minimalist and no real wasted plastic like the angled design of the PS4 and Pro. SO bloody quiet too. I can't believe it. It's going to be disappointing if this is not the standard moving forward into the next gen. When all is said and done, and all my PC parts are gone (not much left to go now beyond my Noctua fan and a PSU), the console plus a year of Gamepass will have only left me around £130 out of pocket, so I'm delighted really. There's so much value in the services here it's absurd. I'll get more out of it than I did gaming with the PC that's for sure, much as I will miss Planet Coaster (but I can get that running in future via bootcamp if I get an iMac next year, so it's a short term loss). I cannot fathom how the hardware is so perfect and yet the UI.... There are so many needless clicks to get to where you want to get. 

I did double check the regular box beneath the Battlefield slip cover and it does indeed note that the silver/grey finish is a special edition. I like it a lot. There's a very subtle fade of two tones to the surface of the system. The controller is just a single tone grey finish, though I am actually using my white S controller from my PC set up.  

I did decide to keep the Battlefield V code for myself in the end as research showed eBay and EA were clamping down on re-sellers and it's not worth losing my account over, plus I did enjoy the campaign for Battlefield 1 (which I will dl again on on Gold to re-play it X enhanced having re-watched Digital Foundry's old video comparing it to the Pro version I have). Actually quite keen to play V the more I dwelled on it as I haven't played a WW2 shooter since COD2. I already parted with the physical copies of Fallout 76 and Assassins Creed Odyssey that were included. I would actually like to play them, but I'm ok for third parson actionfests right now and as far as 76 was concerned, having zero experience with the Fallout franchise the online nature didn't strike me as a good introduction to that world and its lore. I have instead just begun downloading Fallout 3 on Gamepass however as its just one of those previous gen biggies I let pass me by that I am keen to tick off my list. 

So much fun seeing everyone's familiar Xbox handles driving around the place in Horizon 4. :) 

Looking at everything consuming my X's HDD right now,  think I'm good, 😆 but yes I'd like to try the campaign for that. Be nice if it falls into Games with Gold someday. 

Can someone re-clarify the deal with buying 360 games. I understand what we went over regarding using pre-paid credit, but I've another question. On the Xbox One if I look up Mirror's Edge for example it only quotes me the full price, not the discounted price its on sale for this weekend. Viewing the MS store via a web browser again just shows the regular price with a 'buy now' option on the left, but on the right in a list is an option with the Gold sale discount applied but below it simply reads 'download to xbox 360'... What's the deal there? 

26 minutes ago, Angry the Clown said:

Looking at everything consuming my X's HDD right now,  think I'm good, 😆 but yes I'd like to try the campaign for that. Be nice if it falls into Games with Gold someday. 

Can someone re-clarify the deal with buying 360 games. I understand what we went over regarding using pre-paid credit, but I've another question. On the Xbox One if I look up Mirror's Edge for example it only quotes me the full price, not the discounted price its on sale for this weekend. Viewing the MS store via a web browser again just shows the regular price with a 'buy now' option on the left, but on the right in a list is an option with the Gold sale discount applied but below it simply reads 'download to xbox 360'... What's the deal there? 

I've bought stuff from the web browser with no issues showing up on the Xbox One X.