LCVG

Xbox One X - Available November 7th 2017 - $499.99

The only thing I'd really like to see with the PC gamepass stuff is cross-save for everything.  Most games already support cloud saves anyway, but Bloodstained and Outer Worlds don't sync between PC and console, so I couldn't jump between platforms.  Not a huge deal I suppose, but I've used the feature before (when one device or another is in use), and it's really useful.  That, and I suppose fixing the Windows Store issues.  I still can't install Slay the Spire on my laptop...

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Holy Fucking Shit! Look at this message I just got on Twitter from the official Xbox account:     I guess I made the right move by not buying Star Wars: Jedi Fallen Order yet, huh

This is fantastic to see:       PC compatible too of course.  

Well Amazon delivered a day early and my X is sitting boxed in its X box box in the corner. I wasn’t prepared for this at all as I’m trying to press on with God of War. I’ll make some time later to ge

Posted Images

On the xbox dashboard, there's a funky promo for Ultimate members - 3 months of Nitro Discord, 6 months of Spotify Premium & 1 month EA Access for free (for new subs on those services). Extended trials, basically. 6 months of Spotify Premum's nice. 

If you sign up for the Discord promo, it has a free 3 month code for Game Pass that converts to 2 months of Ultimate (even for existing subs)... Not bad! 

7 hours ago, ChrisBardon said:

The only thing I'd really like to see with the PC gamepass stuff is cross-save for everything.  Most games already support cloud saves anyway, but Bloodstained and Outer Worlds don't sync between PC and console, so I couldn't jump between platforms.  Not a huge deal I suppose, but I've used the feature before (when one device or another is in use), and it's really useful.  That, and I suppose fixing the Windows Store issues.  I still can't install Slay the Spire on my laptop...

PC Game Pass is a weird new SDK with a new set of requirements, compared to Xbox One's SDK, and other Windows 10 apps, and is definitely still a "beta" AFAIK. PlayAnywhere is another SDK/set of features again. MS' change in directions + SDK technologies definitely makes this more complicated for devs than it would appear to be looking at it from outside the ecosystem. Hopefully as the new SDK improves (Hi, Scarlett!), the expectations of feature parity between the PC & Xbox Game Pass services will improve for devs. 

On 11/16/2019 at 7:36 PM, dogbert said:

PC Game Pass is a weird new SDK with a new set of requirements, compared to Xbox One's SDK, and other Windows 10 apps, and is definitely still a "beta" AFAIK. PlayAnywhere is another SDK/set of features again. MS' change in directions + SDK technologies definitely makes this more complicated for devs than it would appear to be looking at it from outside the ecosystem. Hopefully as the new SDK improves (Hi, Scarlett!), the expectations of feature parity between the PC & Xbox Game Pass services will improve for devs. 

Ah, OK.  I haven't looked at those SDKs, but I'm very familiar with strange and disparate sets of APIs coming out from Microsoft.  Hopefully they get their shit together and come up with something that makes it straightforward to bring a common set of features everywhere. 

Unrelated, this looks to be the best price on an S that I've seen (https://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product/xbox-one-s-all-digital-edition-1tb-console/13504411).  $180 CAD for the S (all digital) with 3 Minecraft, Sea of Thieves, and Forza Horizon 3.  Works out well since my parents have been looking for a good streaming box, and this would not only run all the media apps they want (Netflix, Amazon, Disney), but it'll work with the harmony remote.  Side benefit is that my kids will be able to play games on it when they visit.  There might have to be some account contortions to make it so that everyone can play on both consoles, but worst case if they sign in with my account the odd time they want to use it, they can access everything on gamepass. 

On 11/21/2019 at 9:26 AM, ChrisBardon said:

Unrelated, this looks to be the best price on an S that I've seen (https://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product/xbox-one-s-all-digital-edition-1tb-console/13504411).  $180 CAD for the S (all digital) with 3 Minecraft, Sea of Thieves, and Forza Horizon 3.  Works out well since my parents have been looking for a good streaming box, and this would not only run all the media apps they want (Netflix, Amazon, Disney), but it'll work with the harmony remote.  Side benefit is that my kids will be able to play games on it when they visit.  There might have to be some account contortions to make it so that everyone can play on both consoles, but worst case if they sign in with my account the odd time they want to use it, they can access everything on gamepass. 

Update-got this set up on the weekend, and it looks like everything is going to work out.  Harmony remote integration works exactly as expected, and I was able to confirm that as long as I was signed into the secondary console, any profile can use content I have access to.  This means that if my kids want to use any of my games, they just have to have my account signed in, which is completely reasonable.  I thought it would only allow the one profile to work, which would have been a challenge.  The only thing to be careful of here is that custom security settings are set per console.  I have a passkey set up on purchases, but not sign in, which just means I need to set this same rule up again on the new box (main reason here is because you're not able to transfer saves, and my son wants to access the 100% Lego avengers save on there all the time). 

• 2 weeks later...

I've seen threads on ResetERA and Reddit that point to a possible pricing glitch available for Gamepass Ultimate subscribers.

You can change your account to daily billing for a nickle ($0.05) per day, meaning the price is $18.25 per year.

Linky  sounds like it's US-only (or at least US currency)

I switched my plan over to that, but I won't find out if it works until June of 2022.  

Won't be surprised if this is some sort of error and it's not honored.  Just thought I'd give a heads up to anyone that may have their next billing date coming sooner than 30 months from now...  

:Cruise:

20 minutes ago, Whooter said:

I've seen threads on ResetERA and Reddit that point to a possible pricing glitch available for Gamepass Ultimate subscribers.

You can change your account to daily billing for a nickle ($0.05) per day, meaning the price is $18.25 per year.

Linky  sounds like it's US-only (or at least US currency)

I switched my plan over to that, but I won't find out if it works until June of 2022.  

Won't be surprised if this is some sort of error and it's not honored.  Just thought I'd give a heads up to anyone that may have their next billing date coming sooner than 30 months from now...  

:Cruise:

I switched over to it too. It's gotta be a calculation mistake, but MS' pricing/deals on Game Pass has been so crazy consumer friendly, who knows :) I'll find out on 11/16/2021 ;)

• 2 weeks later...