LCVG
Sign in to follow this  
Angry the Clown

Xbox One X - Available November 7th 2017 - $499.99

TABS is a perfect Game Pass game. I really enjoyed messing around with it for an hour or two, had my fun, and deleted it with satisfaction rather than worrying about how I wasn't getting some level of "money's worth" from the nonsense.

• Like 1

Call of Cthulhu is a great add for those that may not have wanted to take the chance on a lower budget release but wanted to give the game a try. It has plenty of flaws (which I covered with my mini-review in the games thread) but I really enjoyed it as a Lovecraft/Cthulhu fan. You're tolerance for its issues will vary by how much of a fan of the source material you are.:D

Here's the thread:

It is significantly better than the earnest but ultimately bad "The Sinking City".

3 hours ago, dogbert said:

I had completely forgotten Fable Heroes was a thing. 

I saw it and thought “wait that came out?”

6 minutes ago, JoeyN said:

I saw it and thought “wait that came out?”

I thought the same thing.  I think I was confusing it with that other multiplayer Fable thing that they abandoned. 

That reminds me that I never did play Fable anniversary, or finish fable 3.  Wonder how those hold up?  I think they're all on gamepass-maybe they'll go on the backlog. 

Fable 3 was pretty bad. Anniversary and 2 are worth playing.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ChrisBardon said:

I thought the same thing.  I think I was confusing it with that other multiplayer Fable thing that they abandoned. 

That reminds me that I never did play Fable anniversary, or finish fable 3.  Wonder how those hold up?  I think they're all on gamepass-maybe they'll go on the backlog. 

I played some of Fable Anniversary recently & enjoyed it for a walk through memory lane, but didn't play it for too long. It's very much showing its age control/UI wise. 

Fable 3 was poor at the time, and you did right by not finishing it. Man, I was much more vocal + brutal back in the day. I have mellowed.

If you're one of those people who signed up for the daily subscription option for Xbox Game Pass Ultimate for $0.05/day and had it canceled, check your messages in your Xbox profile. You may have received a code for a 14-day subscription to Game Pass. Here's the message I received:

Our records show your Xbox Game Pass Ultimate subscription may have been set to renew daily. Unfortunately, that plan is no longer supported; if applicable, you have been reverted to your previous plan. Visit your account page below to switch to a different plan. Here’s a token for 14 days of Xbox Game Pass Ultimate for the inconvenience: XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX. Please redeem by June 30, 2020.

• Like 2

Nice additions-I'll probably check out Kingdom Hearts 3, although I never played 2 or any of the spinoffs, so perhaps it'll make sense?  I also noticed that there was a package with the older games on Xbox now, although not included with gamepass. 

5 hours ago, ChrisBardon said:

Nice additions-I'll probably check out Kingdom Hearts 3, although I never played 2 or any of the spinoffs, so perhaps it'll make sense?  I also noticed that there was a package with the older games on Xbox now, although not included with gamepass. 

Lots of YouTube recap vids for previous games. There's lots of side games that take story in weird directions apparently. Lots of fan service.

I spent some time deliberating about diving into the entirety of  Kingdom Hearts in the months before selling my PS4. It's still something I'd like to do someday as I find the whole concept curiously bizarre. Everything I had read suggested it'd be wise to play through the whole series before approaching III, but that you still shouldn't expect to understand what the hell is going on either way. 

1 hour ago, Angry the Clown said:

I spent some time deliberating about diving into the entirety of  Kingdom Hearts in the months before selling my PS4. It's still something I'd like to do someday as I find the whole concept curiously bizarre. Everything I had read suggested it'd be wise to play through the whole series before approaching III, but that you still shouldn't expect to understand what the hell is going on either way. 

So basically, if you go in cold-ish, you won't understand everything, but if you play everything else, you still won't understand what's going on.  Sounds like a real winner there...maybe I'll just skip it? 

It definitely seems like an acquired taste. The tolerance factor seems to be based on just how much of a Disney nerd you are, and how patient you are at putting up with all the convoluted non-Disney soap opera stuff that haphazardly strings it all together.

I enjoyed the first game and think the second game is a bag of ass. The fans seem to go nuts for that Organization 13 shit but I thought it was melodramatic dumbassery.

I will also point out that I am a major weeb and that story was too emo anime for me :P

• Haha 1

I’m looking forward to playing Ninja Gaiden II on Xbox at long last. I picked up the PS3 version years ago, but as I learned from a recent DF video, it was not exactly the same game, not was it necessarily better. 

2 hours ago, kelley said:

New Dashboard is out for everyone. So so much better than all of the previous ones. 

I might be the minority here, but I liked the "twist" UI on the older versions.  You could still stack things vertically, but you also had horizontal navigation as an option.  Flattening it to one dimension that you can customize makes it simpler I suppose, but I think the ideal would be if you could add things in both directions.  I actually got to like the gamepass tab to see what was new on the service, and if I ever had to get to the store, it was really fast to go all the way to the right. 

I just bought a second one a few weeks back, too. I need for the Pro to fall in price as I'd like a second one as well.

I did think about getting one when the ~£250 deals started recently, but it's very hard to justify the upgrade from an S this close to the new model.

On this day in Xbox history...

I may have posted this sometime in the past, but you have never watched this interview with Seamus Blackley, Peter Moore, and Phil Spencer, do it now. It's amazing. I especially love Moore's candor about what happened with the Red Ring of Death during the early years of the 360.

• Like 1

OG Xbox still best Xbox.

Great, great library of games including Sega at their best post-Dreamcast. Microsoft first party was new and fresh and still willing to take chances and it housed some of the best versions of third party titles in its day. 

The Playstation 2 was and is still likely the greatest console to sit on store shelves but I have a soft spot in my heart for the ginormous beast that was the original Xbox.

• Like 2