LCVG

Xbox One X - Available November 7th 2017 - $499.99

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Holy Fucking Shit! Look at this message I just got on Twitter from the official Xbox account:     I guess I made the right move by not buying Star Wars: Jedi Fallen Order yet, huh

This is fantastic to see:       PC compatible too of course.  

Well Amazon delivered a day early and my X is sitting boxed in its X box box in the corner. I wasn’t prepared for this at all as I’m trying to press on with God of War. I’ll make some time later to ge

Posted Images

I gotta say, the xbox one UI is looking pretty nifty.

After I started playing halo last week, my xbox360 applied the update - If it wasn't for all the ads, the UI on the 360 is pretty nice and functional; it seems they copied the horizontal bar like the PS3 which is great. The PS4 UI seems kinda like an upgraded xbox360 UI which will be great IMHO.

Some of the stuff in that skydrive video is neat, like the ability for apps to create custom channels in the guide.  They'd already showed this for some streaming video stuff, but this demo showed creating a photostream channel, which seems really interesting.  If you're already using the guide features in there, then this could be useful.  Probably only a matter of time before facebook and youtube make it in there?

Too bad about Lego Marvel-I was thinking about getting the XBO version to play with the kids.  No rush though, it'll be out eventually.

Uhm, whats with the cardboard cutout buses in Forza at the 1:41 mark? Is it me, or every time they show that game, it looks less impressive.

Snap feature is slick. I'd rarely use it since I don't want to waste TV real-estate while playing a game, but it is slick.

Just watched the Personalization Video and feel like I need to be on ADD medicine. You can tell this thing is an American box because like most Americans, it can't focus on anything. Its bouncing from Internet, to games, to TV, to music, now I'm back in a game. Holy fuck.

Most of the videos have shown the suspend/resume with respect to multitasking, but have they confirmed that this persists through turning the console off as well at launch? 

The snap feature could be really useful for an app that did a interactive strategy guide/walkthrough.  If nothing else, something showing collectible locations or a checklist or something like that.  Even something like an integrated note taking app for RPGs (OneNote port?) that you could access from both the console and other devices.  I could also see something like a companion app for a particular game releasing that let you keep an eye on things like a multiplayer lobby while you're off doing something else.  Lots of possibilities here-let's see what gets executed on. 

Agreed that the demos have been very ADD so far, but I'm writing that off to wanting to show everything in a couple of minutes. 

Uhm, whats with the cardboard cutout buses in Forza at the 1:41 mark? Is it me, or every time they show that game, it looks less impressive.

Snap feature is slick. I'd rarely use it since I don't want to waste TV real-estate while playing a game, but it is slick.

I dunno exactly... but there was some theming on that track. The double decker busses, and the finish line that looked like tower bridge.  They definitely looked out of place though.

Just watched the Personalization Video and feel like I need to be on ADD medicine. You can tell this thing is an American box because like most Americans, it can't focus on anything. Its bouncing from Internet, to games, to TV, to music, now I'm back in a game. Holy fuck.

It's showing off the convenience which I get. I'll get use out of the browser snap function if I want to look something up for collectibles as Chris mentioned. I'll get the same use out of the PS4 easy switch from game to browser and back.  

I can say I'll likely never watch TV and play a game at the same time but who knows? Some folks may end up loving that shit.

You can tell this thing is an American box because like most Americans, it can't focus on anything. Its bouncing from Internet, to games, to TV, to music, now I'm back in a game. Holy fuck.

You know, I don't even like it when I get a notification that a friend comes online or when I've earned an Achievement or Trophy.  I can't imagine how pissed I'd be if someone tried to initiate a Skype call with me in the middle of a tense shoot out.

• Like 1

I can say I'll likely never watch TV and play a game at the same time but who knows? Some folks may end up loving that shit.

You won't, because you can't. You literally cannot do both at once. None of us have the capacity. You're either fully focused on one thing, or the other. If you're playing a game and "watching" TV at the same time you're either not focused on the game, or only listening to what's on TV, which begs the question why have TV integration. Microsoft's attempts to inspire awe and wonder at having multiple things up on screen at the same time baffles me. If you're watching TV and and feel the need to dick about on a phone or tablet at the same time, fine I guess, almost all of us do it unfortunately, but I think that's kind of what highlights how out of touch Microsoft are in trying to make something that does everything and failing to appreciate how we all have devices we like for specific purposes. By comparison, Sony's remote play alternative is a bit more appropriate. If anyone's significant other wants to watch TV whilst you are in the middle of a game, you're not going to bring it up on the TV and expect them to watch it in a boxed off downsized video. Instead you can hand over the reigns of the TV and continue your game on a VITA. 

By comparison, Sony's remote play alternative is a bit more appropriate. If anyone's significant other wants to watch TV whilst you are in the middle of a game, you're not going to bring it up on the TV and expect them to watch it in a boxed off downsized video. Instead you can hand over the reigns of the TV and continue your game on a VITA. 

Like I'm going to play my game on a boxed size screen while my SO watches TV on my 56" screen?! Hell to the NO! :)

As for the TV integration I can see using it while watching TV full screen waiting for an invite to a game or chat as well as watching the Cowboys blow another 4th quarter lead while I smash zombies at 16 fps.

Like I'm going to play my game on a boxed size screen while my SO watches TV on my 56" screen?! Hell to the NO! :)

As for the TV integration I can see using it while watching TV full screen waiting for an invite to a game or chat as well as watching the Cowboys blow another 4th quarter lead while I smash zombies at 16 fps.

That's why you buy the cheap 60" LG for her upstairs and you get the 65" 3D Panasonic(or tv/projector of your choosing) downstairs.

On the most recent Weekend Confirmed podcast, Andrew Yoon went into great detail on the Xbone UI and Kinect abilities. His 5-10 minute explanation was better than anything MS has done since April. The way he explained things actually made me far more interested in the Xbone.