LCVG

Xbox One X - Available November 7th 2017 - $499.99

My son said when the PS4 was delivered, the UPS guy banged on the door like he was trying to break it down, then waited until my son opened the door, and handed it over.  Even though no signature was required.  Makes me wonder if the driver felt he was being followed or had seen someone suspicious.

Normally, they just toss packages on the doorstep, and sometimes they even ring the doorbell.

Carlos.

I'd rather have a UPS bang on the door like its a zombie apocalypse than having them toss it on the porch without a second thought.  Good on him/ her.

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Holy Fucking Shit! Look at this message I just got on Twitter from the official Xbox account:     I guess I made the right move by not buying Star Wars: Jedi Fallen Order yet, huh

This is fantastic to see:       PC compatible too of course.  

Well Amazon delivered a day early and my X is sitting boxed in its X box box in the corner. I wasn’t prepared for this at all as I’m trying to press on with God of War. I’ll make some time later to ge

Posted Images

I ended up having to cancel my MS store preorder because they couldn't change the credit card number on the order without cancelling and reordering, and at the time they were out of stock.  Got a preorder at Best buy while I was on the phone with the MS rep, so hopefully that means day1 delivery (still the day 1 edition after all).  That Microsoft Store website is just horrible...  The only worry I've got is if BB is shipping Canada Post and it goes out Friday morning, then I probably won't get it until Monday (or maybe Saturday if they're doing weekends).  Games are getting shipped separately, so who knows what'll show up when on friday-plan is to work from home, and hopefully be able to quit early and get some hardware set up. 

My son said when the PS4 was delivered, the UPS guy banged on the door like he was trying to break it down, then waited until my son opened the door, and handed it over.  Even though no signature was required.  Makes me wonder if the driver felt he was being followed or had seen someone suspicious.

Normally, they just toss packages on the doorstep, and sometimes they even ring the doorbell.

Carlos.

When I worked at FedEx we knew what stuff was when there was a big shipment coming in; iPhones, Microsoft Surfaces, sports teams season tickets etc. Most of the time they have no idea what's in the boxes, but when we do and know the value most drivers will make more effort to make sure it gets to where it's supposed to without risking someone walking off with it.

First reviews tomorrow at 9am ET right?

God I hope so, I've got BF4 and Dead Rising 3 preordered and I hope that DR gets their frame rate issues dialed in for release. Looks like way too much fun for it to be marred by that kind of crap. I know BF4 is having its share of problems too, but DICE will get things dialed in.

Review embargo apparently breaks down as follows:

Monday, November 18 at 6am PT/9am ET

• Dead Rising 3
  • Killer Instinct
  • LocoCycle
  • Crimson Dragon
  • Powerstar Golf
  • Zoo Tycoon (pre-review impressions)

Tuesday, November 19 at 9pm PT/11:59pm ET

• Xbox One hardware/platform (review in progress; full review will be available after the full console launch on November 22)

Wednesday, November 20 at 6am PT/9am ET

• Forza Motorsport 5

Thursday, November 21 at 3am PT/6am ET

• Ryse: Son of Rome

Friday, November 22

• Zoo Tycoon (delayed due to multiplayer being unavailable before launch)

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2013/11/15/where-are-igns-xbox-one-reviews

Kotaku reports the same staggered review dates imposed by Microsoft, so one can assume these are the publishing dates for all journalists. 

I think Killer Instinct, Forza and Dead Rising (despite its apparent issues) will get decent reviews. They might dock Forza a point or two for being somewhat half arsed in so far as the track and car selection is concerned. Ryse.... well Ryse could be a bloodbath if previews are any indication, and the review embargo until the night of launch is suspicious. 

I know this sounds a bit odd, but when does the embargo on the actual console itself get lifted? I'm curious about the Kinect and how much room is needed. I know it's a big improvement over the first Kinect, but want to know if I'll need to get a TV mount or if I should be okay placing it below my TV.

few posts before yours :)

Tuesday, November 19 at 9pm PT/11:59pm ET

• Xbox One hardware/platform (review in progress; full review will be available after the full console launch on November 22)

I know that people are saying that the PS4 'has Kinect' sold separately in reference to the camera. I'm not a fanboy much one way or the other; I just prefer the XBox (basing that after owning the PS2 and 3), but I can't imagine the PS camera being anywhere near as capable as the Kinect is.

I think most would admit the PS Camera really is somewhat limited in direct comparison to Kinect. The PS Camera seems a touch more sophisticated than many might think, but Kinect unquestionably has the lead in this area - as one would expect since Microsoft are so invested in the technology as part of the Xbox ecosystem. Whether it is truly worth the extra cost of the console however remains to be seen, and I suppose will ultimately always be subjective in the eye of the owner of an XB1.

I think most would admit the PS Camera really is somewhat limited in direct comparison to Kinect. The PS Camera seems a touch more sophisticated than many might think, but Kinect unquestionably has the lead in this area - as one would expect since Microsoft are so invested in the technology as part of the Xbox ecosystem. Whether it is truly worth the extra cost of the console however remains to be seen, and I suppose will ultimately always be subjective in the eye of the owner of an XB1.

I'm not over the moon on the Kinect, but the previous iteration did prove to be fun for Dance Central and whatnot which my wife and her friends enjoyed a great deal. Also the XBox Fitness app they're putting out sometime soon looks pretty promising. Has anyone read much about Dead Rising and how the Kinect works in that? I know there's prompts and you can 'taunt' the zombies, just curious if there's any video or mention of that anywhere. I think it was the IGN review that mentioned it, but just kind of blew it off.