LCVG

Xbox One X - Available November 7th 2017 - $499.99

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Holy Fucking Shit! Look at this message I just got on Twitter from the official Xbox account:     I guess I made the right move by not buying Star Wars: Jedi Fallen Order yet, huh

This is fantastic to see:       PC compatible too of course.  

Well Amazon delivered a day early and my X is sitting boxed in its X box box in the corner. I wasn’t prepared for this at all as I’m trying to press on with God of War. I’ll make some time later to ge

Posted Images

Shipped! Not sure I really want to get boned.

I thought I couldn't cancel mine but after watching the Polygon stuff last night I went to see if it was really too late but I was able to cancel it.  The DLNA being Play To only was really the last straw for me....and I had zero desire to play any of the games.

Cloud? Timing seems apt.

Hugues Ouvrard, Marketing Director for Xbox France:

Question: We say that the PS4 is more powerful than the Xbox One.

- The PS4 isn't more powerful. There is a confusion about the number of pixels but the definition of some is set by editors, not by the console. Especially with the power of the cloud - we set 300 000 servers - the capabilities of the console are multiplied by 4. So if we connect our console to internet, then the Xbox One is the most powerful

i0WyIwOj066jj.jpeg

Gone midnight here, so Happy Xbonemass to those of you expecting the system.

This was the set up they were building for launch in London this evening.

BZoJTv0CMAAwBTv.jpg

That's Leicester Square, where they had the street signs renamed to read Xbox One Square. I believe Major Nelson was there. 

Long lines at many GAME stores at midnight unsurprisingly. 

Question: We say that the PS4 is more powerful than the Xbox One.

- The PS4 isn't more powerful. There is a confusion about the number of pixels but the definition of some is set by editors, not by the console. Especially with the power of the cloud - we set 300 000 servers - the capabilities of the console are multiplied by 4. So if we connect our console to internet, then the Xbox One is the most powerful

One more reason to hate France. ;)

-Dean-

I don't mean to derail this thread with this rant.  But it is relevant.  I am trying to figure out when and what my next-generation entry is going to be.  And there is no greater next-gen game on the horizon than the next Elder Scrolls game.  And I think I just discovered that the experience will be WAY better on the PC.  So that being the case, and TItanfall coming out on the PC, along with all the major third-party games, am I crazy to be considering the abandonment of Sony and Microsoft?

OK.  Fine.  To be fair, the game froze 3 times during my first play-through.  And I got warning messages during the install.  PCs have their downsides.  But did I mention ZERO load time.  I am a huge advocate of couch gaming.  But dropping load times from (seriously) 20-30 seconds to zero makes the prospect of playing the console version unbearable.  And this game could freeze every 5 minutes, and it would be far less a disruption than 20-30 seconds load/save times at every door.

To be fair, those games aren't exactly running on new tech. Newer games with larger textures, worlds, etc are going to take longer to load regardless. And even on PC, Skyrim plays far better with a controller for me so I wasn't bound to the keyboard. Especially when I think of all the time I put into it on 360 before I moved my save to PC. But when you compare even a moderate PC to 8 year old consoles, it just isn't really a fair comparison. There are definitely a few more hassles, as you mentioned, when you move to the PC side. Keeping up with drivers and sometimes trouble shooting games that won't even load. That happened to me recently trying to get Arkham Asylum to run, I got it cheap for PC. It was a totally oddball issue surrounding the fact that I moved my default documents folder and the game would crash as soon as I tried to run it. If you can deal with things like that, and they mostly surround older games, then PC is a good way to go.

Jeff from Giant Bomb shows off the Kinect TV stuff from his home.

It's not impressive

-Dean-

The One has been a bit too piled on in terms of negativity for some time (and its deserved) but that's......really bad. As in I have no intention of ever using ANY of that. If you're going to design your UI and TV media control around voice recognition - that shit had better be accurate and generally mindblowing if you want people to actually use it and not just throw their hands in the air and go running for their remote.  :(

Fuck Nintendo though, obviously.

And with those words, I'm gonna go get XBoned. I'll check in later; don't get my games 'til tomorrow though.

There wasn't a GIF for all three or I would have used it:)

I'm really interested to hear the experience of LCVG'ers who buy the console. I have a friend who works for Microsoft who will have his tomorrow so I'll be able to demo it myself at his house tomorrow night. I'll be sure to post some in-depth thoughts on the console and games as I have a chance to play them.