LCVG

Xbox One X - Available November 7th 2017 - $499.99

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Holy Fucking Shit! Look at this message I just got on Twitter from the official Xbox account:     I guess I made the right move by not buying Star Wars: Jedi Fallen Order yet, huh

This is fantastic to see:       PC compatible too of course.  

Well Amazon delivered a day early and my X is sitting boxed in its X box box in the corner. I wasn’t prepared for this at all as I’m trying to press on with God of War. I’ll make some time later to ge

Posted Images

We'll have to see how the NPD numbers looks but Pachter is already talking sales estimates:

http://www.mcvuk.com/news/read/us-ps4-november-sales-estimated-at-1-25m-units-66-ahead-of-xbox-one/0125546

Michael Pachter has said in his most recent investor note that he believes PS4 sold 1.25m consoles in the region throughout the month and that Xbox One sold 750k.

Note that PS4 was released in the US on November 15th, giving it a week more on the market than Xbox One which launched on November 22nd.

If correct, that 66 per cent margin mirrors what was seen in the UK during the console’s respective first weeks – Xbox One sold 150k units while PS4 managed 250k, a 66 per cent difference.

One area I will give Microsoft credit is the Skydrive videos.  Co-worker was telling me about a video I posted last week, 2 other co-workers wanted to see what he was talking about.  About 15 minutes later both of them wanted the Xbone... it's a great marketing tool.  I also told they would have no problem getting one, I saw a bunch at Best Buy and Target over the weekend.  

I really hope Ps4 will let you upload vids to YouTube, that would be fantastic.  I refuse to create a Facebook account for this.

PS4 will have the ability to do Youtube and to export video/screenshots to an external device. Already confirmed and coming in a later update.

Oh, I didn't know that was announced.  Going to external would be perfect, then I can put them anywhere.  Thanks for the update!   One funny thing, one guy said to me, "what the hell sidedrive?"  I said, "It's Skydrive... free space from Microsoft"... my IT dept. is pretty much all working on Macs, but how you're in IT and don't know that... ugh, who knows.

Oh, I didn't know that was announced.  Going to external would be perfect, then I can put them anywhere.  Thanks for the update!   One funny thing, one guy said to me, "what the hell sidedrive?"  I said, "It's Skydrive... free space from Microsoft"... my IT dept. is pretty much all working on Macs, but how you're in IT and don't know that... ugh, who knows.

From the PS4 FAQ:

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013/10/30/ps4-the-ultimate-faq-north-america/

Can users copy the recorded gameplay video from PS4 to other devices, such as PC?

PS4 users will not be able to directly copy recorded gameplay video files from PS4 to other devices, though they will be able to use the DUALSHOCK 4 controller’s Share button to upload videos to Facebook for distribution. This function will be supported by a future system update.

As for youtube:

Can I share my game videos on YouTube?

No. At launch, PS4 users will be able to use the Share button on the DUALSHOCK 4 controller to upload gameplay videos to their Facebook account, or to stream live gameplay to Ustream or Twitch. PS4 owners can follow PlayStation.Blog and PlayStation.com for further news on other services to come after launch.

Yoshida and a few others have said that youtube was coming post-launch so it's a given at this point. Just a question of when really.

Going in the opposite direction:

http://www.nowgamer.com/news/2193418/xbox_one_digital_game_prices_raised.html

There's been a lot of talk regarding high digital prices of games on the PS4 and the Xbox One, with Sony in particular coming in for criticism for high prices that have since been adjusted.

However, rather than lower their prices, Microsoft has now gone in the opposite direction, with the price of Xbox One exclusives Forza 5, Ryse: Son of Rome and Dead Rising 3 all being raised on the Xbox store.

Forza 5, Ryse and Dead Rising 3 were all previously priced at £44.99, but are now on sale for £49.99.

Digital pricing on console platforms has understandably been criticised by those who question why digital prices should be equal to, or even higher than, retail copies of the same games.

The logic behind Microsoft' £5 price hike for Xbox One exclusives is likely to be lost on those already unhappy with the price of digital game downloads. 

Both Sony and Microsoft need to get their heads out of their asses when it comes to digital game prices.

In they UK they are very much at the mercy of the high street retailers, which is funny because there really are not that many left. HMV narrowly escaped obsolescence, and then there is GAME who charge crazy prices for everything in their own right. Neither MS or Sony are willing to upset them at this point. 

Retail prices for first party XB1 games on Amazon remain £45.

In they UK they are very much at the mercy of the high street retailers, which is funny because there really are not that many left. HMV narrowly escaped obsolescence, and then there is GAME who charge crazy prices for everything in their own right. Neither MS or Sony are willing to upset them at this point. 

Retail prices for first party XB1 games on Amazon remain £45.

I thought the suggested retail price was £49.99 for XBone One games?

Mind, it's worth noting that in the UK few high street stores actually charge the full SRP, the top selling games are routinely under-priced, right?

The main thing keeping me buying physical copies of games is the trade-in. I don't like having to install the disc and put it in the machine every time I want to play, but I just got around $130 for trading in a bunch of PS3 and 360 games I no longer play. Infamous: Second is already pre-ordered and paid for.

In order to get me to just download the digital version they'd need to come in under physical copy price to make it worth it.

That said, I can understand why they wouldn't do that, as they have been asked very clearly by the retail locations to not underprice them.

I thought the suggested retail price was £49.99 for XBone One games?

Mind, it's worth noting that in the UK few high street stores actually charge the full SRP, the top selling games are routinely under-priced, right?

GAME will charge SRP (or higher!) whenever they can. Online they are a bit cheaper than in store, but I see both XB1 and PS4 tiles are £49.99 at GAME online which likely means they are £54 in store as you can usually always expect a minimum of £5 more offline from them. Amazon is really the only bet these days for anything below the suggested price. Shopto and Simply Games are not as good as they once were for decent prices, which in turn means Amazon is free to do even less when it comes to bothering to be competitive in this country.