LCVG

Xbox One X - Available November 7th 2017 - $499.99

My local Best Buy had a stack of like 50 about a week before Christmas. That was the first I had seen any out in the wild. The stack has been slowly shrinking every time if go in there. Last I was in there which was a couple days ago the stack had been moved from behind the customer service counter to front and center when you walk in the door, and they had a little less than 10. I would hazard a guess that this stock is all they've had in this time period, and if they had been PS4's, that they would have all sold much quicker.

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Holy Fucking Shit! Look at this message I just got on Twitter from the official Xbox account:     I guess I made the right move by not buying Star Wars: Jedi Fallen Order yet, huh

This is fantastic to see:       PC compatible too of course.  

Well Amazon delivered a day early and my X is sitting boxed in its X box box in the corner. I wasn’t prepared for this at all as I’m trying to press on with God of War. I’ll make some time later to ge

Posted Images

I have yet to see any PS4's in the wild.

I saw one last week at Gamestop. A few retailers got a pretty hefty shipment right before X-Mas.

I've had the chance to buy an Xbox One on multiple occasions at several retailers. Target had two of them sitting behind the glass on December 23rd. Gamestop has freaking signs all over the place saying IN STOCK NOW! as soon as you walk in. It seems like Microsoft stuffed the shit out of the US retail channel for Gamestop cause the sales people bowl you over asking if you want one of the things. Unless they have some specific marketing thing going with Microsoft right now.

Saw a glass stocked full of One's at my local Walmart also last week.

Retail on and offline in the UK saw a healthy XB1 replenishment before Christmas and the system is readily obtainable here (on Christmas Eve I walked passed a GAME store in a shopping mall that was advertising stock). PS4s vanish online almost as quickly as they show up and in store you can forget it.

For $15, this guy things it is a pretty good game:

http://www.cinemablend.com/games/Halo-Spartan-Assault-Review-Xbox-One-Gets-Good-Halo-Game-61301.html

IGN likes it better with mouse controls, on the PC

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/07/30/halo-spartan-assault-review

Metacritic shows 71

http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/halo-spartan-assault

Looks like it is a pretty good game, not great.  It is also not a $60 game and that should be a consideration.

Has anyone else found that the instant resume feature for games has completely broken?  Playing Dead Rising over the break, I noticed that it's no longer able to pick back up where I left off.  I'm signed in as soon as the xbox boots from suspend, but even then it's still starting fresh every time.  Tried disabling/reenabling the feature, and no change.

I think I fixed my XB1 Netflix quality issue. Not sure if it will last, but here's what I did.

1. Go to Netflix.com, your account, playback settings. Change from "Auto", to "High". (mine was set at "Auto", which I imagine is the default)

2. Also go back and choose "Sign out of all devices." This is a pain because you will have to sign back in on all your playback devices, but my guess is that it also ensures that they pick up the new default settings. (I actually didn't try it before doing this step, so you might try it without this step first)

I did both these steps, then signed back in on my XB1, and I'm getting a beautiful, HD image.  

Carlos.

Microsoft press release:

http://news.xbox.com/2014/01/xbox-one-january-thank-you

Together, we ushered in a new era of games and entertainment with Xbox One. Over 3 million Xbox One consoles were sold to consumers in 13 countries before the end of 2013. It’s been incredible to see Xbox One selling at a record-setting pace for Xbox, and we were honored to see Xbox One become the fastest-selling console in the U.S. during our launch month in November. Since our launch, demand for Xbox One has been strong, selling out throughout the holidays at most retailers worldwide. We are continuing to work hard to deliver additional consoles to retailers as fast as possible.

Wii U still has the lead. ;)

Can't be coincendence they released number before Sony's keynote. Thought it interesting they said record setting for Xbox. Wonder if they have an idea of Sony's numbers. What do people think? 4 million? I'm sure they could surpass that easy if they got the consoles out there.

Either way, great numbers. Love both consoles, for different reasons of course. Hopefully it continues now that the holidays are over.

Based strictly on my personal observations, I've yet to see a PS4 in the wild since launch day when I bought mine.  I have seen XBones sporadically through the holiday season and see a lot of them now.  They obviously have different constraints.  Who has the lead is going to come down to which is greater, PS4's supply vs. XBone's demand?

They obviously have different constraints.  Who has the lead is going to come down to which is greater, PS4's supply vs. XBone's demand?

13 countries vs 40. Microsoft is leaning heavily on the US/UK and is supplying (the US specifically) in a major way while Sony has spread themselves across the globe and still have Japan to contend with in February. Obviously the PS4 is going to be supply constrained considering the amount of territories they are launching units in but obviously demand is there. They are selling what they can manufacture. It's a marathon not a sprint of course and the real battle begins this month when we've moved past the big holiday demand period and settle into waiting for the big titles to come into play. The $100 price different will also start to make a difference as the months go on, IMO. 

I should add that its an impressive turnaround for Microsoft after the PR blunders and negativity surrounding the device leading up to launch. I'm happy it happened because if they had stuck with to their DRM guns, I think this whole thing would have been a wash with Sony completely dominating this generation.

The smaller number of countries the XBone launched in probably limited their overall sales (at least at launch through today).  Regardless of how many countries either console was launched in, Sony/MS can only make a fixed amount of consoles to sell in however many countries they want to sell it in.  Because it's not sold out in the U.S., current XBone demand has been met and exceeded here.  If they had launched in more countries, likely all XBones would be sold and they would be supply-constrained like the PS4.  I agree, it is a marathon and demand for either console will fluctuate based on the strength and popularity of their game libraries.

Regardless of how many countries either console was launched in, Sony/MS can only make a fixed amount of consoles to sell 

Right so you'll agree then that having to move that set amount of consoles that have been manufactured throughout 40 territories as opposed to 13 is going to cause supply constraints in territories where demand is very high such as the US for instance. As opposed to Microsoft who can stuff the living shit out of the channel in the US (which they have done) with very little consequence. I'm willing to bet the breakdown of userbase for the Bone is almost primarily focused in the US.

It's part of the issue that I have with Microsoft and its view of the Xbox One at launch. They have seemingly conceded Europe to Sony without even trying. 

If this was a game of Risk I would adopt Microsoft's strategy.  More units to reinforce the most important territories.

Nice for the short term, but Sony caught up last gen on the back of their European territory and they're winning in the UK right now. The US is also going to be much closer this gen if not possibly flipped by the time this is all said and done.