LCVG
Sign in to follow this  
Romier S

Assassin's Creed Origins - Egypt, stealth, parkour....

This game has an $800 dollar collector's edition. No, I'm not kidding.

n fact, if you pre-order the extra-exclusive Dawn of the Creed Legendary Collector’s Edition – which is limited to just 999 units, and retails for $799.99 exclusively through the Ubisoft Store – the following collectibles will ship out to you now, months ahead of the game’s release:

A highly detailed, 28.7-inch (73cm) resin statue of Bayek and his eagle, Senu, by Ubicollectibles.
A certificate of authenticity, numbered from 1 to 999.
An exclusive resin replica of Bayek’s eagle-skull amulet.
The Assassin’s Creed Origins Steelbook case, available only in the Dawn of the Creed and Dawn of the Creed Legendary Collector’s Editions.
Four large lithographs signed by the Ubisoft Montreal studio artists.

When the game launches, you’ll receive the Gold Edition of Assassin’s Creed Origins, which includes the base game, the Digital Deluxe Pack, and the Season Pass for access to unique equipment sets and all future expansions. You’ll also get an art book, the official soundtrack, a print of the game’s hand-drawn world map, and two original art cards.

ACO_Content_Tab_LEGEND.jpg

While I know that most here aren't big fans of the franchise, I have to point out that this game is ridiculously beautiful, even in 1080p - it's probably worth a rental to see it if you have 4k.   Also, after I just accidentally just set my tamed lion on fire and he turned on me, a hippo charged in from nowhere, grabbed the flaming lion in its mighty hippo jaws and shook it until it was dead.  That was a nice gaming moment. 

Sounds like the reception on this has been generally positive, and a friend at work had a spare digital code, so for $20, it seems like it's worth getting. 

Now, the question is do I go for this one first, or finish off Syndicate?  I don't think there's any story links between the two, so I'll probably just ignore Syndicate for the moment. 

No reason you couldn't play it before finishing Syndicate.  It's basically a prequel to the entire series to date and outside of the core AC mechanics, they feel pretty different (Origins is more horizontal, and obviously the weaponry is different).  It's not perfect by any stretch (both the progression in terms of your leveling and the story have some minor issues IMO) but the world is expansive and beautifully rendered.  I finished the main story and I still feel like going back and doing the side quests I skipped, etc. 

Well, this was on during this weekend’s Flash sale and I am a little down on Mafia III right now, so what the hell, right?

First impressions are VERY good. I mean my first ones usually are, but I like this game a lot in the opening area. Getting used to the controls is taking some time, but great intro. Clearly some shit goes down, but they toss you into the action pretty quick before revealing everything.

Bayek moves nice and fluid; everything looks gorgeous. The combat is not super hard thus far but I do like the changes to make it more action-RPG style.

I dunno when I’ll get more time to dig into it, hopefully over the weekend, but it definitely has my attention grabbed. It’s starting off stronger than any of the more recent AC’s and I didn’t hate those at all.

I’ve played this ten hours in the past four days. It’s really fun. All my other gaming has come to a total halt while I’ve been invested in this - there’s always one more place to check out or riddle to solve.

The papyrus riddles are clever and not as crazy as the old Animus glitches, but I have enjoyed tracking them down.

• Like 1

Huh. I'll have to try it again. I found it kinda clunky, but maybe I've been spoiled by Horizon and Witcher.

I’m not the biggest fan of either of those games, so definitely recognize my perspective on it is not the norm.

It’s dumbed down Witcher, with zippy combat and fun scenery, and I’m a sucker for Egyptian stuff, not to mention the riddles and a brisk loot and upgrade system.

I loved AC2, Brotherhood, IV, and Syndicate. But they really built it up here into something familiar, yet new. The eagle’s a nice addition (and useful once he gets some upgrades), I love the sailing around (miss the cannons though), and the side quests are usually okay and sometimes great.

Like I say, there’s plenty of time for my opinion to sour but right now it’s going up in my estimation, not down. Lots of fun surprises too - mirages in the desert, things like that.

I loved the Witcher 3 (replaying it now) but the mounts controlled much better in Origins (the pathing is really well done).  I had forgotten how much I wanted to kill Roach.

13 hours ago, Parrish said:

I loved the Witcher 3 (replaying it now) but the mounts controlled much better in Origins (the pathing is really well done).  I had forgotten how much I wanted to kill Roach.

Roach was obviously not named after the insect, but the doobie he must have smoked.

• Like 1

So I went to Giza last night, scaled the pyramid for my synch point, then went into the tombs for maze and puzzle solving adventures to earn very useful rewards.

It was some of the most fun yet in the game. This thing’s so enjoyable.

They have some simple investigations and use your head moments in this game that are so damn satisfying to solve.

This feels so much more of a world and a game compared to the others. Yeah, I will probably tire of it before getting my platinum, but dammit it is SO good. It’s currently a top five contender for me.

I’m over halfway to the level cap, but don’t have half the map open and still haven’t seen some of the side activities. Enjoying the story too. I’m jonesing on it big time.

I have to have my left shoulder operated on. Going to miss about 3 months of work.  Looking for a game to entertain my days while off. This game sounds perfect. 

Beer, Oxy Contin, and Assassins Creed. 

• Like 2

Best AC ever, but way too much to do. I am locked in mortal struggle with this game now.

For some reason I got it in my head to Platinum the damn thing and my OCD has pretty much taken over. I am mostly down to story missions with a few of the more annoying outlier achievements to pick up.

Despite all that? Still fun.

• Like 1

The ending is pretty fun. Huge series of missions, but I loved how they set up the storyline.

I got 60 hours out of it, I think. I am literally two achievements from the platinum. One for killing enemies with oil jars, which should only take a few minutes, and the ‘do every location’ one, which is proving vexing as it’s either glitched or I am literally missing one location out of the hundreds on the map.

Going to track that one down with some lists I found online. After all this effort, I want the damn platinum :P

• Like 1

Well I’ve only played a few hours of it but, wow is it a gorgeous game. I have the PC version and playing at 1080P, all options on very high + HDR. The setting in Egypt is great and makes for some amazing scenery too and the whole thing plays smoothly so far. I’m not far enough in yet to get the overall plot but the standard AC gameplay loop feels good and is fun. Combat has been fine (not too much combat yet) but, it hasn’t felt all that different so far. Oh, and the eagle vision thing to spot objectives is pretty cool :) so will have to see how all of this changes or expands as I progress.

Once you get into the crafting and tombs and the loot and see actual higher level enemies it’ll become apparent where they changed up some stuff :).

I just got the platinum, phew. 58:15:50. Satisfying :).

• Like 1